4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, except for the clip
Published on January 7, 2012 by xylorhiza

Published 3 months ago by Michigan Nate

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, except for the clip, January 7, 2012
This review is from: Galco Triton Kydex IWB Holster for Glock 26, 27, 33 (Sports)
I read concerns about the clip, but like many I'm still searching for the perfect IWB holster. This comes very close. I'm a skinny guy and bulky leather holsters don't work for me. Holsters like the Crossbreed and Kolster also don't seem to work for me either. The Kydex on this holster is very thin and slick. The first few time I drew the pistol the holster came with it. The clip could be different. I dinked around with the screws and managed to get the trigger guard grip loose enough so the holster didn't come out each time. I wore it all day and it was rather comfortable. I would just like to see another clip option.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive Kydex holster, October 18, 2010
You always hear, "why spend hundreds on a gun and then skimp on a holster". Holsters are one of the things that everyone has an individual need and preference. This Kydex by Galco is great. You can feel the gun pop into place and the holster provides good retension. During practice I have not had the holster pull out when drawing the gun. Though there are optional straps that wrap around the belt if you dont trust the clip. I use it for a Glock 26 and I don't worry about the gun falling out. When reholstering, I do not pinch my luv handles like I have on a comprable brand kydex holsters that I have tried and I haven't inadvertintly activated the magazine release either. I'm 5'8 about 180lbs. This holster may be inexpensive, but it isn't cheap. I'll admit i don't have a good leather holster to compare it to, but I like how the kydex retains its shape. I'm sure a $100 leather holster would, I just don't want to spend that kind of money without first testing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 8, 2013
If you carry a glock around concealed, this holster is a must have. Very good design. The material is durable and will stand the test of time compared to some leather holster. Its also great that it retains its shape after drawing. This makes re holstering a breeze. The sweat guard is a nice feature that prevents body oils from clinging to your weapon. weapon retention is great. You can adjust to your comfort level for retention.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Very Nice Holster, June 15, 2011
Aurora Danes (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
This is a great holster, I use it with the Glock 27 and the fit is perfect. The belt clip is a bit wide and I wish it was a bit tighter of a clamp but it makes the holster easier to put on and take off. I thought I might take the holster with the gun on the draw but that has not been the case. The piece that extends along the slide does get scratched up if you have Decal Grip Enhancer For Glock 19 With Finger Grooves Rubber/Black Md: G19FGR. on them. I have the sand version but looks like the link gave the rubber version. but anyways it's no biggie. I think I still favor the Galco Summer Comfort Inside Pant Holster for Glock 26, 27, 33 with CTC Laserguard (Black, Right-hand) I have it for the full size Smith & Wesson M&P40 but at the time local dealer only had this holster in stock and it is cheaper. I could go back and forth between the two. Anyways I think this would be a great holster for anyone looking for one that easy to put on and take off, give you a good draw and still provide comfort.

3.0 out of 5 stars it is very comfortable to wear and my Glock fit in it perfectly, October 29, 2014
Bought this holster for my Glock 27 and ended up returning it for the Galco Tuck-n-Go. There is nothing really wrong with this holster per se, it is very comfortable to wear and my Glock fit in it perfectly, but I had two issues: First, considering the size of the belt clip (it's big and bulky), you would think that it would grip the belt better, but it doesn't. And further more, it doesn't allow for a tucked in shirt. That's not a deal breaker for me, but the second issue is: It sits high on the belt, well above my waist line. This was an issue for me because it wasn't very concealable. If I was wearing a t-shirt or tighter button down, you could plainly see that I was carrying a firearm under my shirt. I tried moving the holster to multiple places between the 3 and 4 O'Clock positions and the result was the same no matter. I also have an H&K P-30 that I occasionally carry...it is much bigger than my Glock, but even with the bigger size, it was more concealable then the was Glock was using this Kydex IWB.

What's the saying? "Results may vary"? Other people with different body sizes may have better luck with this item, or maybe it's just the way I wear my pants, but if I'm carrying, I want (and need) for it to be completely concealed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels Secure, January 15, 2013
I have a Galco Tuck-N-Go which is nice but I wanted something that held the gun more securely. With the Kydex the gun snaps into the holster and feels very secure. Yes the belt clip is a lot larger and goes over the outside of the belt versus under the belt like the Tuck-N-Go, but for untucked shirts or jackets it won't be noticeable. I also like that the Kydex goes up the full length of the slide so that the metal is not against my skin and perspiration if I'm not wearing a shirt underneath. Another plus is the ease of re-holstering. It's not like I draw the gun often, but it is easier when needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for the price!, April 14, 2012
This is my first IWB holster and so far its worked beautifully. I understand the Crossbreed brand is better more comfortable but its also more expensive. You do get what you pay for. For the price this holster is amazing. Slimmest profile one can get for a Kydex construction. Retains gun very well with adjustable tension screws. Recommend if you have a Glock 26 which is what I use it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 19, 2012
In my opinion this is the best bang for your buck when it comes to a subcompact glock holster. It's comfortable and doesn't really get in the way. I have a glock 26 and I mainly wear a tee shirt with jeans or even cargo shorts. It doesn't print unless you bend over really far, but even then you can barely see it. The average person would never notice it. I had to loosen the tension screws just a bit (2-3 turns) when I got it, but that's about it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Durable and comfortable, August 21, 2014
Really nice replacement holster for me. Great for its concealability. Looks good and is comfortable. Made of a material that will not flatten out or get limp after years of wear. Weapon fits nice and snug but will easily come out when needed. The negative I found with this product is the belt clip. It will hold onto your belt, but not the best out there. Made for the wider belts. Will not work as well with slim belts. But if you're carrying a weapon, why would you use a slim belt. I am looking into replacing the belt clip with a J-clip, which tucks under the belt for that added security. Also, You may want to use some blue locktite on the clip screws because they will tend to get loose over time. So, periodically, check your screws when putting the holster on. Other than that, I really like this as a replacement holster for concealed carrying.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent value, May 23, 2014
When I started concealed carry several years ago a friend told me I'd buy holsters like a woman buys handbags. Since then I've acquired nine IWB / OWB holsters and I find this IWB the best so far for my EDC. It is comfortable, well made and the cant is fine for me. Out of the box the hold on the pistol was very tight and when I drew the weapon it came out fine (along with the holster). A little bit of adjustment on the retention screws and I have a nice balance (for me) of weapon retention and draw pull. One caveat, I am not in law enforcement, currently in the military or leaping tall buildings in a single bound. I purchased this holster for civilian EDC and I have ordered another one for my G23. Bottom line ... quality product at a good price.

Galco Triton Kydex IWB Holster for Glock 26, 27, 33