4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but no auto close
The umbrella arrived promptly and was a Christmas gift to my wife. When she opened it (with the touch of the button) it opened quickly and smoothly. She loved the design and size. However when we pushed the button to close (the button now was mushy/loose) nothing happened, we had to manually close it. Basically the gift was DOA.

Also be aware that there is...
Published on December 28, 2011 by Ronk

2.0 out of 5 stars Hummingbird Umbrella
It's a very beautiful umbrella, but I've only had it for about a month and I've noticed a lot of problems with it.
A) If it's raining sorta heavy or for a while, the middle of the umbrella leaks
B) It's very bad in wind
Published on November 16, 2011 by mustard49

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Hummingbird Umbrella, November 16, 2011
This review is from: Galleria Hautman Brothers Hummingbirds Auto Super-Mini Umbrella (Apparel)
A) If it's raining sorta heavy or for a while, the middle of the umbrella leaks
B) It's very bad in wind
C) I've had it for only about a month and the metal things that hold the umbrella up when it's open....one of them actually made a hole in the umbrella. I don't feel like I was being that negligent with it ever, so this never should've happened.

I thought from previous raters that I was going to get a 5-star umbrella that was going to last. One month in, and it's given me a 2-star experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but no auto close, December 28, 2011

Also be aware that there is no cover when it is closed, just the standard velcro strap. I knew this going in but it still seems a bit chintzy not to have one.

Easy return from Amazon but pretty bad that it won't do the exact feature we were looking for.

Follow-up on 8-Jan-2012: We returned the original and re-ordered another. This time the auto open-close works but to close the umbrella the button is very hard to operate. You have to push pretty hard and push it in just the right spot. We are going to keep it since it works and looks good, but I am going to keep the rating low. Not recommended as far as I am concerned.

Follow-up on 27-July-2012: 2nd one is now broken. Push to open and it was ok but when push to close it broke. Will not stay open at all. This umbrella was hardly used. Knocked it down to one star from 2. DO NOT BUY THIS TYPE, THE MECHANISMS WILL NOT WORK OR HOLD UP!!!

Follow-up: Emailed the company about this issue and they responded within a day asking for my address. After I emailed them the information they sent another one out and I had that the next day!. Fantastic customer service!! The one they sent has been used 3-4 times without fail. I pushed the rating from 1 star to 4 since they responded in the best manner possible to keep a customer satisfied and this one is working fine. Glad I stuck with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, October 20, 2010
I love this umbrella and I'm so glad I purchased it as a gift for my mom. She loves hummingbirds so I know she'll love this umbrella too. The colors are so bright and the print is very clear. The umbrella pops up fast and easy with the touch of the button. When open, it is pretty big. Push the button again and it folds back now. There is nothing not to like about this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, June 12, 2008
This umbrella protected me from the rain when I had to walk without a coat. The umbrella was so protective it covered me and it's folds and can be kept in a secure place for unexpected weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this umbrella, March 18, 2011
I bought this over two years ago and the umbrella is still as beautiful and functional as the first day I bought it. T

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, February 1, 2012
If you like Hummingbirds, you'll love this umbrella. It's absolutely goreous. I got it for my daughter and she loves it. You don't need to wait for it to rain to use this. Take it out for a stroll on a hot summer, sunny day and show it off!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, December 17, 2011
Saw this umbrella and just had to have one. It is beautiful! I get compliments on it every time I use it. It makes a rainy day much more pleasant! I have bought several for Christmas presents.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so much an umbrella as a parasol, August 26, 2012
This is an absolutely beautiful "umbrella," but during a heavy rain, the drips start almost immediately. This is a great block against the sun, but not terribly useless in precipitation harder than a drizzle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Galleria Hummingbird auto supermini umbrella, September 29, 2012
I loved this umbrella, and only had used it a very few times, but most of the tips of the fabric have broken off from the metal spokes. So this has been disappointing for a little used product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the design, August 17, 2014
I own several different umbrellas by Galleria. This hummingbird design is my favorite. The first one I bought broke, so I purchased another one.

The only downside is the quality. Not that the quality is low, it just isn't much better than most of the other umbrellas out there. I had one really durable umbrella that I cannot find anymore, so my expectations are pretty high. As the old saying goes, "I guess they just don't make them like they used to."

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›