5.0 out of 5 stars Big and Beautiful
This umbrella is so beautiful! I tested it out in New York on a mildly windy/rainy day. It's gotten a ton of compliments. Dudes and chicks dig it.

Pros:
-colors are true and very vibrant
-cheerful, despite Starry Night not being a typically cheery work
-fits two people under it fairly comfortably
-the auto-up/auto-collapse feature is...
Published 15 months ago by Heather

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought 2 and both broke within first week
Published 14 months ago by Six months pregnant

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and Beautiful, March 25, 2013

Pros:
-colors are true and very vibrant
-cheerful, despite Starry Night not being a typically cheery work
-fits two people under it fairly comfortably
-the auto-up/auto-collapse feature is handy
-shipped very quickly

Cons:
-not sure how long the auto-up/auto-down button will remain functional, but I'll update if it ever breaks
-attractive enough to be stolen :<

Things to note:
-design is repeated four times on the umbrella, rather than being a single panorama

Unfortunately, I hardly had a day to use it before it got stolen. :( However, I liked it so much, and the price is reasonable, so I will buy it again! At least someone else has a beautiful umbrella now.

4.0 out of 5 stars From two stars to four!, April 5, 2013
UPDATE June 2014:

I guess the third time is the charm! I had bought two of these umbrellas in 2013 (see my original review below), and both of them had small holes in the fabric in the same place. However, after losing my Totes umbrella recently and the fact that Amazon has free returns, I decided to order another one of these Galleria umbrellas -- like I said below, I love "Starry Night," and I also love that this has a generous 48" arc while still folding up to be compact. I am happy to say that the umbrella I ordered this time came in perfect condition and lived up to the expectations I'd had when I originally ordered it in 2013... I guess the two I ordered then were just part of a bad batch that had been boxed up for too long.

That said, my two-star rating has now gone up to four -- I am leaving one off because I did have those original quality control issues, and that may still be an issue for some of this brand's stock. But the intact umbrella I now own is wonderful.

ORIGINAL REVIEW March 2013 (titled "I wanted to love it, but two attempts left me disappointed"):

"Starry Night" is one of my favorite pieces of art, so I was thrilled when I found this Galleria umbrella. It had such excellent reviews on Amazon that I ordered one straight away. When I first took it out of the box, it looked wonderful: the colors are incredibly vibrant, and the umbrella itself has a really sturdy-feeling frame. It was also compact when it was folded up, but when I opened it the arc was huge -- big enough for two people, which is rare in a compact model umbrella. I was overjoyed...

... Until I held it up in front of a light. Across the top of the umbrella right where it folds up, there were four or five little slits -- tiny, maybe 1/8 inch each or less -- across the fabric. I never would have noticed them if I hadn't happened to hold it up to the light, but they definitely would have let rain through. I was disappointed but just returned it for an exchange, thinking I must have just gotten a bad one. But alas, the second umbrella also had slits in the exact same location. It could just be that I got two that had been sitting in storage for too long and had worn down where the fabric rubbed against the boxes (like I said, the holes were right against the fold, so I'm sure it gets worn down there faster than anywhere else), but I wasn't going to take my chances with a third. Again, I doubt that this is the case with every Galleria umbrella, and otherwise this was truly a lovely item. But I'd advise you to check yours very carefully so you don't wind up disappointed and possibly damp. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and great quality., October 12, 2012
This review is from: Galleria Starry Night Folding Umbrella (Luggage)
It's just as perfect as the online picture. The colors are true, size is good (not too small), and it's the right weight. Perfect collapsible umbrella with some style.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought 2 and both broke within first week, April 21, 2013
This review is from: Galleria Starry Night Folding Umbrella (Luggage)
The material and feel of this umbrella was of high quality. The printing and images were beautiful! There is a button to push that opens it and also collapses it. Wow! High tech! But I think too many moving parts. For one that I bought, the handle broke apart and there was not fixing it - on day 1 after about 5 times opening and closing it. For the other, on about day 4 the button stopped working altogether. The handle it stuck in the expanded mode but the umbrella won't open or close. Returned both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great colors and works well, December 31, 2013
This review is from: Galleria Starry Night Folding Umbrella (Luggage)
The Colors are vivid - just like the picture and the mechanics of it work very well (up and down).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Umbrella, December 7, 2013
This review is from: Galleria Starry Night Folding Umbrella (Luggage)
The umbrella is beautiful, just like the picture shows. After a few months of regular use, it still looks and functions perfectly. Can't recommend it enough. Plus, I love how small it is so I can just toss it in my purse if it looks like it might rain that day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, August 22, 2013
This review is from: Galleria Starry Night Folding Umbrella (Luggage)
Gave as a gift to my wife, she really loved it.
Its durable also, keeps with her all the time, wishes it was slightly light weight.
but overall loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars Re; I Iove this umbrella., July 16, 2013
This review is from: Galleria Starry Night Folding Umbrella (Luggage)
I love this umbrella. Well made. Opens and closes well. It dries off quickly. I have seen the original painting of Starry Night in the Museum of Art in New York. The colors are quite good in this reproduction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute and sturdy, June 11, 2013
This review is from: Galleria Starry Night Folding Umbrella (Luggage)
I got this umbrella because my other one that I owned broke due to strong wind.
I wanted an umbrella with some personality, so I chose to go with one of my favorite paintings.
I love using this umbrella on rainy days and like to show off. :)
It is pretty sturdy and a perfect size for one or two people!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Umbrella, June 25, 2014
This review is from: Galleria Starry Night Folding Umbrella (Luggage)
This is a great umbrella for an art teacher who enjoys the work of Van Gogh. The only complaint I have with this product is the fact that when you are finished using it and you close it up it is quite difficult to push the handle hard enough to get it to click into place. Other than that, it is a cute umbrella and I have used it a lot over the years.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›