Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gallien-Krueger Backline 600 Bass Amplifier (300 Watt, 2 Channel)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 24, 2011
I got this amp head about 8 months ago and I have been using it 4-7 times a week about sometimes leaving it on continuously up to 8 hours. It has never overheated on me or given me any trouble at all. I bought it because I didn't have a lot of money to spend, so i thought I'd just have it for a while then trade in to get a better head, but now I think I'm going to keep it as a backup. I just bought an Ashdown head and honestly, this Backline head, While not as good of tone quality, does not sound like it's $700 cheaper than Ashdown. It competes with $600-700 amp heads. It's an incredible value, and has plenty of power, I was running an Ashdown 410 cab and a Backline 115 cab and I couldn't even turn this thing up half way without drowning out my guitarist! The ONLY issue I had with it, and it is very minor, is the fact that it takes a bit of tweaking to get the overdrive channel to be the same volume as the clean, a problem easily solved with a $40 behringer overdrive pedal. Basically, Amazing Power, Amazing Quality, Amazing Head! If you don't want to spend a ton of money on an expensive head, You won't be dissapointed with this one!
on September 28, 2015
I have the Backline 600 head with the matching 2x10 and 1x15 cabinets. It has a great sound and really packs the punch. I also have the footswitch that allows me to change channels. I love the gain on channel B, it really gets heavy. I play with a Fender Jazz Deluxe so its no lie that every amp is going to sound good to me. This amp handles a lot of bass and the two channels is what I needed so this amp wins!
on March 11, 2011
I have had my Backline 600 for a about 4 years now and everything about it is superb, especially considering the price.

After some research, I found that unlike the other Backline series amplifiers the had a true professional GK Preamp. More specifically it is either the same or modeled after the famous 800rb that became a standard for big acts in the 80's and continues to be one of the most popular stage amps.

300 Watts is more than enough to power most rigs. Most 1x15 and 4x10 cabs are rated around 200 watts and full rigs like a 2x10 paired with a 1x15 blare at 4ohm.
on May 6, 2015
You really can't beat it for the price. Plenty of power and good eq. I'm not too big on distortion but it's nice to have the option.
on May 2, 2010
I am completely satisfied with this amp.It is everything it is advertised to be.It has plenty of power,with power to spare.Iam using it professionally,pushing it thru an Ampeg cab with two 15" JBL's .It has exceptional tonal and drive qualities.Very versitile,yet in a light weight configuration.Why carry around a heavy tube head,when this little puppy has every thing you need.?Igive it a five star+Rating.I purchased it thru Amazon.The delivery was prompt,packaging good and I
am completely satisfied with the product and Amazon.!!!!!!!!
John Rushford,Brenda,Arizona
on July 7, 2013
GOOD PRODUCT!
on November 11, 2012
Received this amp and excitedly unpacked it. I was buying a spare/back-up for my Ampeg SVT (AKA: The Beast). I was looking forward to a nice, light amp for small gigs and practice. Opened the box and removed the securely packed amp, connected all the cables (correctly, I've been doing this a long time), turned it on, played one note and the amp went dead. No snap, crackle, pop, just nothing.
As you can guess, I was so happy about this. I put everything back in the box, sealed it up, shipped it back and bought the small Ampeg that I review on that product page. So much for a good deal on this one.