Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 19, 2008
I've had this unit for 5 years now and it has worked extremely well. Lasko is also a very good company to deal with. When I originally bought it from a local retailer, the humidistat control was acting a little weird so I called Lasko. They paid for the return postage and sent me another one. The replacement unit was damaged during transit, so I called them again and they paid to have it returned again and sent me another unit before I actually sent the damaged one back. All this happened with a 2 or 3 week period. Can't say enough good about Lasko customer service. In the 5 years of ownership, I've only had to replace the drip shield once because it got too rusty. The pump just went so I am ordering another one. Parts and filters are very reasonably priced. The unit humidifies my mobile home easily and doesn't overwork to keep my place a 50% humidity. When this one goes, I won't hesitate to buy another Lasko.
on January 25, 2013
.....this unit has run CONTINUOUS each winter(december thru march)for five years (only maintenance has been a cleaning at the end of each season)
on March 18, 2008
We bought two of these to help with some process control. Sadly, the guy who installed them just poured in water and plugged it in. It seemed to work but...

The instructions clearly tell you to release the float from its packing tape. If you do not, the humidifier will continue to run even when it is out of water. We found this destroys the circulation pumps. On one, the impeller assembly melted and on the other the windings opened.

Sooo... be sure to read the instructions!