Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 13, 2013 6:21:12 PM PDT
The full the if i'm not mistaken is "Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate"
Batman Arkham Origins is the console version.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 3:22:59 PM PDT
I was just about to warn people that I think this isn't the console game, but a 2D spinoff.

Posted on Apr 16, 2013 10:43:04 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2013 8:05:01 AM PDT
AlphaPapa says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 19, 2013 5:16:45 PM PDT
Well it's being made by the top ex-members of Retro Studios who made Metroid Prime. That and the GameInformer preview leads me to believe this will really be a great game.

Posted on Apr 23, 2013 5:23:13 PM PDT
J. Blincoe says:
I think it's claimed to be 2.5D... so I guess partly 3 dimensional? That'll be interesting... Anyway, if the reviews are good, I'll get it. Still tired of only getting spinoffs on the vita. Time for some fresh games Sony! So far it's pretty much just Gravity Rush...

Posted on Apr 27, 2013 12:02:03 PM PDT
daggertoes83 says:
Yes this will be a side scroller. Looks pretty good. A least the screens do anyway. Very interesting idea.

Posted on Apr 28, 2013 7:30:09 PM PDT
Ted B. says:
Like the Lego games, it will probably also be developed for the 3DS and ported up from there, rather than developed for the Vita and ported down, the way it should be.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2013 9:42:46 AM PDT
rpd123 says:
We have Tearaway coming. But pickings are slim right now. And if they have to do spin offs, at least do it of games that will not see another console release any time soon. An Infamous or MGS game or something would've have been awesome to have last holiday season.

Posted on Jun 1, 2013 10:45:51 PM PDT
Landa says:
this game will NOT be a port of the 3ds version the developer stated so in an a interview he stated the games were developed separate so will have different features (3ds with its own and vita with its own) it will be like castlevania mirror of fate if you havent seen that game in action go look it up many people didnt like that game but i bought it day one 100% it great game might get this as well!

Posted on Jun 13, 2013 7:34:12 AM PDT
Cruise says:
Seeing as we're getting the same pre-order bonuses for both PS3 and the Vita, will Deathstroke be a playable character for the portable version as well?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2013 3:23:15 PM PDT
J. Waite says:
Read the fine print? PS3 and Xbox only.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 1, 2013 6:54:32 PM PDT
Cruise says:
Thanks. Missed that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2013 11:24:19 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
True, but it's supposed to be awesome none-the-less. It's basically Metroid-esque, which sounds pretty cool.

I am disappointed though that it's also being developed for the 3DS, and that the "big" version of the game isn't being released for Vita, but still, it looks awesome and the screen shots I've seen actually look current gen (the Vita version, obviously).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2013 11:24:36 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
Yeah, that's the preview I read that made me think it's going to be awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2013 5:52:21 AM PDT
It was not. The developers stated it was developed in parallel on both Vita and 3DS. http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/20/batman-arkham-origins-blackgate-developed-in-parallel-on-vita-and-3ds/

It's a Metroid-style game, which is awesome since it's from some of the top members of the studio that made Metroid Prime. I want this more than the console game.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2013 6:34:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2013 6:35:05 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
Man, that's awesome if it's really got significant Retro Studios people. Prime was for me not as good as the real Metroid series, but still way better than I expected.

This is an absolute must-buy I think for...anyone who likes games just about.

(My Vita copy already shipped, effectively $30! :-O )
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Apr 13, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - PlayStation Vita
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - PlayStation Vita by Warner Home Video - Games (PlayStation Vita)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (154)