Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:53 Mins
I review mainly 3rd party family games for the Wii. If you want to see more of my reviews go to [...]
Published on February 18, 2010 by Wiiviewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive
Published on March 17, 2010 by vin

4.0 out of 5 stars Game Party only wants to be a simple game, and it succeeds at that goal., February 18, 2010
Wiiviewer (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Length:: 3:53 Mins

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty enjoyable, November 19, 2009
This review is from: Game Party 3 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
We have played nearly every game on Game party 3 and so far have not had any problems with the controls. I had originally purchased the original Game Party when it had come out and found it enjoyable for what it is. These are nice games to sit down with friends and family and play together, the graphics aren't amazing but the game in itself is enjoyable, and this version has a lot included. I gave my original Game Party to a friend that really liked it since this edition has all of the games included from the other previous editions- which I think is a good value.
I am pretty certain that the publishers intent was not to win game of the year with this title, it is a family game, and it does that pretty well.
The youngest person to play this with us was ten, the oldest fifty-six and so far everyone has enjoyed it and been able to work the controls just fine.
If you don't own any of the other Game Party games than this is a good buy, I bought it already owning the original version and feel that we have got our money out of it, and will definitely continue to play it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive, March 17, 2010
vin (cheyenne) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Game Party 3 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
the game overall is ok for what i payed. it is repetitive in a few ways. all games use the same basic motion along with the "A" button, the only difference is the speed you swing or the direction you swing. which is still ok as most wii games seem to be that way. the biggest gripe is that when you start every game you have to re-pick your player order and character again...every time, even though if you have 4 people playing and those 4 people never change order you still have to pick your order over again...every game, every time. also you dont use your already created mii, you have to use the character you have to create or use a generic one already created, which is kinda dumb as nintendo created the mii system for that exact reason so why would a company choose not to use a system already set up but choose to pay people to create a sub-par character system that no one wants in the first place... anyway the game is just ok in my opinion, however family members and friends seem to like the game very much even with the issues i point out, and these same issues are mentioned by family and friends but they still seem to really like the game.

2.0 out of 5 stars Well we can't all be Wii Sports can we?, January 18, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Ok there are 2 ways to look at this game
1: You are wanting something to entertain kids, mess around with in your free time, something to unwind from the day with, etc.

2: You have been gaming all your life. You know the qualities of a good game and you know what you like.

There is nothing wrong with either viewpoint, I'm just trying to help the wide variety of gamers.

If you look at this game from the first stand point, this is a great little deal. There is enough going on to keep young kids entertained for a while, its something that provides a party activity, it is fairly decent. Now, if you want to seriously game then no, this is garbage. Game Party 3 is the same as Game Party 2 or 1. The controls are mediocre (and that is being generous!), once you've played through a few game modes you've pretty much done it all, there is no challenge and there is nothing that will keep you wanting to come back. Half the games are boring or the controls are so horrible they are irritating to play. Physics are so far gone its not even believable. Bare in mind please that I'm mainly basing my review on the improvement to this series. If you can't get it right in 3 games, give up. This is just a rip off of Wii Sports. Game Party is a cheap failure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple fun - good value!, December 31, 2010
MEG327 (Sherman Oaks, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Game Party 3 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Well worth $10-$12, but some games here are much better than others. I recommend the Lounge and Back Yard games over the Rec Room and Family Fun Zone selections. I made the mistake of starting in the Family Fun Zone and was very disappointed, especially since I was looking forward to these games the most (Puck Bowling, Smack-A-Troll, Skill Ball), but found them boring with inexact controls. Sports Zone is a little better with some fun challenges and a little different control actions in Hoop Shoot, QB Challenge and Root Beer Tapper. However, once I switched to Lounge Games, I had a blast. I never expected these games to be so much fun! Darts, Shuffleboard and Billiards all have simple control actions but are challenging enough to be fun. In Back Yard, Lawn Darts and Horse Shoes take a bit of work to get the throwing right, but they are also fun, and the games are not too long to get boring, whether you're playing alone or against a friend. I haven't tried all the Country Club games yet, but Mini Golf was surprisingly fun and realistic with a good amount of challenge to it. So I do recommend these games, along with Wii Sports Resort, to play when you want something quick and easy to jump in and out of, and to play alone or with friends!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Games needs beater swing control, April 20, 2010
This review is from: Game Party 3 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Nice that it has both Game Party 1 and 2 in Game Party 3. It was said they improved the games some. My only beef is the strength of your swing is from how hard and long you back swing each one. It is not based on speed of swing or motion of the swing. It is point and back jerk the controller and release when you get a power level you like. But you need fast reflexes to do this.
When trying to bounce a ball off a wall or rail or gate it did not give a real angle most the time. They do try harder to get this correct with the pool and all. I bought this because this was said to be better than others and had the best Put Put golf at a rating of 4 out of 10 stars. There is one other game group you can by in the carnival line that may have a better golf and play dress up but never bought it. Have read that some of these 3rd party games totally fake the hardness of swing and all. So I am glad this one tries to get it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost the same as Game Party but still fun, June 30, 2013
This review is from: Game Party 3 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
We own the first [Game Party] and after reading the reviews and description we knew it would be almost the same but with a few new games. After playing Game Party 3 a few times I like it better than the first version. It offers more options and it's format is a little more organized and user friendly than the first version. The first one only cost us $7 when we bought it so it wasn't that big of a waste. My advice, assuming you don't already own the other versions, just buy Game party 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars MONEY WELL SPENT/HOURS OF FUN, February 15, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Game Party 3 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Traded in Wipeout which was a waste of money and ordered this game as a replacement. I can't believe the CD contains 48 games. Sure some are variances such as three different dart games. I can go on and on but I strongly believe this game offers many hours of fun. The instruction booklet is easy to understand and all the controls that need to be used in different games are fully explained. The instruction booklet also has a picture of the remote and points out the control position for the games. My favorites are the darts, skill ball, lawn jarts and horseshoes. The games are not demanding and offer something for all ages. If you are a total gamer and need to use many controls to have fun this is not for you. I being 64yrs. find the controller easy and very responsive. All the games are for 1-4 players. Some games if you select 1 player you will play against a computer player. Oh yes, the Pool Table games are also fantastic. These take alittle longer and are more complex than most of the others. Don't give up playing them, they can be mastered after much playing time. Buy this CD you won't be sorry. Last thing to be said. You do in fact create your own profile/player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, January 27, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Game Party 3 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
We, in our independent living community, were tired of playing the games that come with the original Wii every Tuesday and Thursday so Googled Wii games and decided on this one. Great assortment of games but not much assortment in characters - but at least they have legs. We're having more fun trying them all. The price from Amazon.com couldn't be beat - I couldn't resist it. Well worth it for our group of senior citizens.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's fun, January 14, 2011
This review is from: Game Party 3 - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I have played this game several times with my kids. It's fun, it has some flaws and I wouldn't say that all of the games are the easiest to figure out, but it is fun to play especially with a wide range of kids. My youngest doesn't feel out, the oldest has fun, it was a good purchase.

Game Party 3 - Nintendo Wii
Game Party 3 - Nintendo Wii by Warner Bros (Nintendo Wii)
$19.99 $14.95