5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game!!
I honestly don't understand why this game is so poorly reviewed! My 7 year old and I played this and we had a ball - I didn't have any problem with the sensors or lining the game up. The menus are easy to navigate and I don't have any delay in my game or miss the mark - you do have to play the games once or twice to get in the rhythm of the motion that is required, but...
Published on December 7, 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars A Complete Mess; Unplayable for Lefties
Published on November 22, 2010 by sakanagai

1.0 out of 5 stars A Complete Mess; Unplayable for Lefties, November 22, 2010
This review is from: Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Kinect is a very new system and finding interesting ways to use it remains a challenge. Mini game collections are in no short supply this early in the peripheral's life and at least the premise is sound. Execution is key. I think Dance Central and, to a lesser extent, Kinect Sports got it right, or perhaps right enough. Games like Sonic Free Riders demonstrated how a potentially good game can be ruined by difficult controls.

Then there's Game Party in Motion (GPiM). I'm not familiar with WB making decent games, but I nonetheless had hopes that GPiM could provide some good old fashioned entertainment. It has an impressive lineup of games including darts, horseshoes, and skee ball. The menu system/navigation went for simplicity and is fairly easy to work through once you get the hang of activating the confirm and cancel commands. To confirm, you hold your right hand around waist level without extending the arm. You can put your hand directly off to the side, a little in front of your or behind you. Cancel is the same with the left hand; if you had to extend your arm, it would conflict with the system pause, so this slightly odd position is to maintain consistency which is NOT itself a bad thing. More on that in a bit.

The tracking in the minigames ranges from passable to infuriatingly awful. In the bean bag toss, for instance, no amount of lateral throwing motion made the bags travel anywhere off of dead center and I could not for the life of me find any correlation between the speed of my throw and the distance traveled by the bag. It's just too easy to throw straight in the precision games and too hard to get the distance/power right. Games like the arcade style basketball shooting don't recognize certain throwing motions. Throwing from the waist was fine, but a standard freethrow form (hands over head) had the game prompt me to step back further even when there was no more room to do so (and using the Kinect tuner, my hands were indeed visible throughout the motion from well before that distance). Pacing is also a problem. By default, there is a countdown before your actions have influence on the game, presumably so you can get move around without accidentally throwing something. However, you can also do the gesture for Cancel to essentially pause the game, requiring a subsequent Confirm before you can start playing again. On top of that, the countdown is far too long and on certain longer games having to wait five seconds after each and every dart/throw/shot is absurd and makes every single game seem needlessly tedious.

One of the stranger behaviors of this game is use of primary hands. You have to dig through the options to find where to switch between left and right handed play, and this cannot be performed in game; if you miss it, you have to quit and try again. The game does not even try to infer which hand you are trying to play with. And this may have been deliberate. Why, you ask? GPiM does not support left handed players. Yes it lets you pick the option, but think about it for a second. What if you are trying to play one of the many games that uses an underhand throwing motion? Where is your left hand during it? That's right, it's roughly waist level from start to finish. That means a typical left-handed underhand throw is recognized by the game as Cancel, aborting the throw and requiring one to motion Confirm to give it another go.

As a lefty, this is inexcusable. Roughly half the game is impossible for me to play and the other half I still have to worry about the poor tracking and shoddy mechanics. This is easily the worst motion control I've seen on the Kinect so far (yes, worse than Sonic). This would make for a terrible iPhone game, let alone a $40 console title. Don't buy it. If you are thinking about it, close your hand in a car door instead. If you are thinking of getting it for someone else as a gift, skip it and just stab them with a sharp instrument. Repeatedly. The waiting room of the hospital will provide hours more entertainment than this pile of garbage. I suppose if you really hate someone, you can gift it to them, but stabbing is still cheaper.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money!!! Avoid!, November 21, 2010
This review is from: Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This is the first dud I've come across for the Kinect. The interface is garbage and the motion control is horrible. 2players is a pain, and has to be set up everytime you change games. Oh and the players can't leave the field of play even when it's not their turn or you'll send the sdupit game into fits. This is a very poor game design and set up (NOT A KINECT ISSUE). Again due not buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Epic Fail, November 25, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Wow I have really liked the work out games, the sports games, and the adventure game so for for Kinect. But this one ... what an epic fail! This game is the one that will seldomly get played. Thank God they didn't bundle it with the Kinect or I would have taken it back to the store the day I got it. Horrible motion tracking and control during game play, it's at a level far below any of the other Kinect games. You will be disappointed if you buy this. I really had high hopes because I wanted to play beer pong and bean bag toss with my friends when we partied at my place. It has a lot of games but they are all so frustrating to control.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really, really bad., November 25, 2010
This review is from: Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Everything written here is true, this game is horrific. I hope to save one person from making the terrible mistake that I did. Everything about this game is just wrong. That is all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Awful, November 25, 2010
This review is from: Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
The other posts are not exaggerations, this game is just awful! We had so much fun with Kinect Adventures that came with the Kinect. It is very responsive and fun!
Game Party: In Motion however, is a disaster. I really hope nobody tries this game as their introduction to the Kinect. This game should have never made it to market!
When navigating through menus, there is no visual cue to tell you where your hand is. You are just supposed to put your right hand by your right hip, but kind of forward, no back, out, forward... ARGH! Every mini game was basically the same motion, over-hand or under-hand. It was so glitchy and hard to throw the darts or shoot the ball.
Two player is a joke. You have to navigate around in the menus which you instantly hate because of the lack of visual cues. You both have to be in front of the Kinect at all times. Finally after stepping all over each other trying to play, the game just glitched out. It couldn't tell who was who, and at that point we couldn't wait to turn the game off.
I am so glad that we only rented this game and I can return it and be rid of it.
Seriously, I am very disappointed. I hope I don't come across a game this poorly made again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Major disappointment, November 22, 2010
This review is from: Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I had promise for this game when I first heard about it - I guess because I was expecting it to be similar to Kinect Sports but featuring arcade-type games. Sadly I found out the hard way how bad this game is. This will teach me to never preorder games and to wait on other reviews before making a purchasing decision. The game had promise, and it would be pretty fun if the controls weren't so horrible. The more I played the more ticked off I got at the controls. The Beer Pong game was horrible beyond words - the ball would never throw! I flung my arms and did what it told me to do and yet the ball would just jerk in the air without throwing...until I laid my arm down and then it decided to roll into the cups.

The other thing which made no sense was having to use your body position to lay down the cue ball in Pool. You actually had to move and stand in the area you want the ball to be placed, and then you lift your right arm up to "ok" the position - makes for a nice balancing act. Not only would it be easier to just place it with your left hand maybe, but the placement is so sensitive that the ball will jump to the other side of the table if you move an inch. Then you hit the ball by moving your arm back and finally forward (which was inaccurate and would not hit correctly). Those are just some of the highlights of crap within the game.

Overall, this is basically a crappy Wii port which might be better suited for Wii since nearly all the games require you to just move your arm in one motion. Since the ball would sometimes not throw correctly in some games it might be better to have a button in order to release the ball. I could go on, but what's the point...you all get the hint. This game is just another example of a company trying to quickly cash in on a new system by releasing a crappy product along with the good in hopes of people buying it, at least in my opinion.

Hopefully this will stop since games like this will give the Kinect a bad name and reputation to those considering buying it. Honestly if this game was set up as a demo in store to show off the Kinect instead of Kinect Adventures/Sports as was the case when I first saw it, I would never want to get the Kinect. Thankfully I got the system based on the good games I played, and knowing how it is and can be a good system if the games are designed correctly. Send a message to the game companies and refuse to buy this game and others like it so we can get better ones made! I doubt even a patch to fix the controls would do any good here...or it would take a major upgrade to help the game.

In short, a major disappointment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible and Unsportsman-like!, December 3, 2010
This review is from: Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I have a 5 and 6 year old and we purchased the Kinnects system, which is great! We purchased this game... and it is horrible! 1. The controls are very hard to work. 2. The characters or "avatars" are horriblely unsportsman-like. When you are shooting darts and the the character shooting misses, the player 2 avatar laughs at you and slaps their knee. Player 2 who misses gets angry and stomps around. My daughters said "Mommy, we don't like this game because they aren't very nice". We teach our children to be kind and respectful. How horrible is it that a "family" game displays such terrible manners and meaness. I wish I could get my $40.00 back. What were the makers of this game thinking!

1.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous waste of money, November 23, 2010
This review is from: Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I spent 45 minutes just trying to finish a single game on this disc with one of my friends. It kept telling us that someone had stepped out of the Kinect's range and when we finally got into a range it was happy with, it would mix up who was first player and who was second player. We re-calibrated, tried again, and again,and gave up to play other kinect games instead. Worthless. It's like the developers said, okay the kinect has shipped and we're a launch title. Who cares if it's unusable. Ship it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Epic Faliure!!!!, December 3, 2010
Fish Head Soup (Santa Clara, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Wow!!!! What can I say??? This game sucks.............by epic proportions!
OK......the actual concept is GREAT!!!! Execution is FAILURE in a magnitude there are no words for.

The fact that both players are REQUIRED to be in front of the screen at all times is a complete mess. I mean....if it is a "party" game how is it possible one player can't briefly leave to get a chip??? If a player even mistakenly leaves the screen the game pauses till "that" player restarts it!!! Nothing but complete frustration trying to play this.
Last weekend we played this failure of a party game and spent more time trying to restart it after it AUTOMATICALLY paused then we did actually playing.
The execution of the games is a flop.....when trying to toss or throw an object it stays in your hand 80% of the time and the other almost 10% it goes WAY out of the playing field!
The set-up is tedious and repetitious as hell and so sporadically glitchy it makes the game more of a hassle to try and play then even the least bit fun and yes I meant "try and play".
I have been playing video games from way back as the original pong and have never, to date, even remotely thought of trading in even a one on them because I think every game store that takes in "tread ins" are complete ripoffs......this game may change that. Why???? Because I think Game Party In Motion is an even more of a ripoff then they could ever be.
I am so sorry and disappointed that I ever bought this game.....seriously!!! Did they even test it????
And what idiot said...."Yes Boss, it's ready and a GO!!!!"......he/she should be fired.

If you want the complete feeling of disappointment then by all means buy this game but if you don't then stay far away from this complete and epic failure of a video game.
Games exactly like this will certainly send the Kinect to its doom.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a mess - 1 star is too much for this mess, November 25, 2010
This review is from: Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Ill tell ya, i love the Kinect..... The games I got for it rock... Kinect Sports is leaps and bounds better than this. The message here is, when a game is put together with great control with Kinect all is awesome... This game however is a prime example and one to teach others in the future how not to set up the control. Hopefully people will not buy this game as a judge to what Kinect can do.. as it will sour your judgment for life. Stay clear from this abomination.

Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360
Game Party: In Motion - Xbox 360 by Warner Bros (Xbox 360)
$19.99 $12.99