5.0 out of 5 stars A different kind of financial book
Published 12 months ago by Ginny Noble

1.0 out of 5 stars A compendium of generalizations and platitudes
I thought this book might further my financial education and help me evaluate the competing strategies for investing in confusing times. However, the price seemed high ,so instead of buying it, I checked it out from the library.
I returned it the next day.
What a disappointment. It was not that I disagreed with everything the author wrote, quite the contrary...
Published 7 months ago by J. wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars A different kind of financial book, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Game Plan: How to Protect Yourself from the Coming Cyber-Economic Attack (Hardcover)
I have read many finance books over the past 20 years and I strongly believe in the power of budgeting, compound interest, and living below my means. I have not yet found a financial book like Game Plan, however. Freeman paints a scary (but compelling) picture of the potential areas where the US economy is vulnerable to cyber attacks. His research is certainly eye opening. The focus of the book is not simply to scare the reader but rather to help them form a game plan (hence the name) on how to deal with the potential attacks.

The middle chapters of the book give a fairly common primer on different types of investments (gold, stocks, bonds, hedge funds, etc.) that are probably review for many readers of financial books. What I found helpful was that Freeman brought his expertise on financial terrorism to bear on these areas.

Where the book really shines is in the last three chapters. Chapters eleven, twelve, and the appendix are where the author really lays out a plan on how a regular person can go about preparing for a financial crisis such as he envisions from his research. These chapters are worth the price of admission and are bound to become a valued, and oft referred to, resource for anyone who wants to make sure they and their loved ones are ready in the (likely) event of financial crisis due to economic terrorism.

5.0 out of 5 stars What we've waited for., December 31, 2013
What a detail-specific follow-up to 2012's "Secret Weapon" ( Secret Weapon Economic Terrorism Brought ). In this brand-new (2014) book, Kevin D. Freeman tells readers what they can do NOW to protect themselves and their finances from a cyber-economic attack. Don't think that's going to happen... You haven't been seeing the news. An attack can be anything from hacked credit card info (ask Target about that) to something on a much-larger scale. This book cover things we can do to be prepared... How to invest... what to stay away from... Things that are specific and action-oriented so we aren't caught unaware. It's not a matter of IF the next cyber attack will happen, it's a matter of WHEN. The adage of an ounce of prevention being worth a pound of cure certainly applies to the specific advice the author details in "Game Plan." The minimal investment in purchasing this book today could help prevent a family financial catastrophe later on. This is the follow-up to "Secret Weapon" we've waited for, and it couldn't have been released at a better time. This is the playbook to preserve, protect, and grow your finances. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Economic Sharks are Circling., January 7, 2014
The US government's acknowledged debt is about $17 trillion. Analysts such as Boston University economics professor Laurence Kotlikiff place our government's true liabilities as closer to $211 trillion. A major transformation is coming and the sharks of the world are circling. We know this because hostile regimes and non-state actors have said so in their communications. The spirit of American independence and the protections of The US Constitution still hold the potential to provide a return to Capitalism and modern technology in the private sector makes greater liberty, private entrepreneurship and personal responsibility than the world has ever known possible. Read Game Plan and choose your destiny. Kevin Freeman may be the Western world's foremost authority willing to speak publicly about Economic Warfare.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't need a gun you need this book, December 27, 2013
I read Kevin's first book Secret Weapon, where he made a very compelling case concerning those who want to take down our country with with economic attacks as happened in 2008. The next battlefield will not be filled with tanks and missiles, but with sophisticated economic weapons that are designed to destroy our economy. In Game Plan, Kevin Freeman provides an understandable "how to" guide for protecting our money and investments and ways that we can protect or economy from coming economic-cyber attacks.

5.0 out of 5 stars The author says we are in an economic war and offers his views on what you can do about it to protect yourself., January 23, 2014
If you are truly financially sophisticated (that is, you are a professional or have a business degree in finance), this book is not for you. However, if you are a regular person trying to get your mind around what is going on in the economy today and what you need to be considering as you plan your financial life, I can strongly recommend this book as one to read to get yourself STARTED on the right pattern of financial thinking as you get yourself into a better state and what to watch for.

Kevin Freeman is alerting us to the fact that we are in an economic war with Russia, China, Iran, and other countries that do not wish America well and cannot compete with us militarily. And as they attack our economy, your own financial well-being is at risk as surely as if they launched missiles at us. Just as the Cold War did damage to the combatants without ever dropping “The Big One” on anyone, this economic war is harming us (and you) in a similar way.

The first two chapters present the author’s case for the economic war facing America and wants you to see the risk you face because of it. He drives home what happens to you and yours if this war succeeds in chapters three and four. He spends chapters five through ten going through the case for putting your money in various assets and how they might behave under different scenarios. I think he does a good job in telling you not only what the benefits are to each, but the very real risks facing each of them. For example, precious metals, which he strongly supports as a part of your portfolio, run risks of being physically lost or stolen. And if you have physical possession of the metal, there are costs to storing it and protecting it. Then you have the tax implications involved with buying and selling it that distorts your return on the metal. Never mind the price volatility risk. And then we have the ever present threat of government confiscation of bullion as FDR did back in the Depression. So, beware. There is no easy answer and none is safe under all scenarios. In addition to precious metals the author covers stocks, bonds, cash, guaranteed investments such as annuities, hedge funds, and things like diamonds, art, wine, land, and so forth.

I particularly liked the chapter where he goes through the principles of a variety of investor approaches from people such as Dean Junkans, John Templeton, Manisha Thankor, and Bob Duggans. Think about what their thinking means to you and what they have in common and where they differ. You will begin to see what makes sense to you. He concludes on a positive note that you can steer your own ship even in a storm.

The basic message of the book is that these are serious times and you cannot just coast along assuming things will be safe and good for the rest of your life. You need to get your financial house in order, get yourself informed, and develop strategies and tactics so you protect yourself and can quickly act as conditions change. And they will.

Depending on your financial sophistication, this book might be a valuable education for you or a useful reminder of things you already know.

Reviewed by Craig Matteson, Saline, MI.

5.0 out of 5 stars Economic Terrorism is real. What's your Game Plan?, January 14, 2014
In Secret Weapon, Kevin Freeman exposes the economic threats and financial attacks on our country. In Game Plan he lays out the steps you need to take as an American to protect yourself and your family. We have already seen things like security breaches at places like Target and Neiman Marcus. This could happen on a much larger scale and then what do you do? Freeman helps the reader prepare in case of a financial attack. Not only does he prepare the individual or family, he lays out 8 steps we as Americans as a whole can take to protect our country. Each step is a “step” in the right direction to avoid an economic collapse. If you want to be prepared, Game Plan is your book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read, January 13, 2014
Jim Johnson (Dallas, Tx USA) - See all my reviews
This is Kevin Freeman’s new book following his investigative masterpiece Secret Weapon: How Economic Terrorism Brought Down the U.S. Stock Market and Why It can Happen Again (2012) outlining a weakened America submitting to terrorist attacks on 9/11/01 and again in 2008 and 2010. Kevin updates the dire economic condition, weak recovery and ineffective policies plauging America today and offers key insights into personalized investment strategies to protec ourselves. Freeman concludes the… “absolute correlation between economic strength and our ability to defend our nation,” which is the core message of my 2013 book Fracture Zone 2015: A Nation in Denial, An Empire Adrift, A World at Risk.

Freeman’s work offers commonsense insights, hope and clear direction to understand “sane strategies for an insane world,” while ominously pointing out how we will be hit again in the future. He stresses flexibility is essential in rapidly changing circumstances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally - A Book that not only talks about the problem, but what to do to prepare!, January 12, 2014
I really learned a lot reading Secret Weapon by Kevin Freeman, so when I heard of his new book I looked forward to getting a copy. I liked Secret Weapon but really wanted to know more of what to do once the third phase happened. Secret Weapon told us about the problem and now Game Plan tells us what to do in order to prepare. I like it because it’s not the standard “just go buy gold and everything will be fine” type of advice. Kevin Freeman coves a variety of scenarios and what to do to protect your family in case of economic collapse by different means. I gave it five stars because it's a breath of fresh air with so much doom and gloom you read nowadays.

5.0 out of 5 stars I had to think twice about protecting my assets - it's NOT all about the money!, January 8, 2014
A well written "Game Plan" versus just a list of fears. I enjoyed reading every chapter from cover to cover but especially chapter 3 "making it personal" and chapter 12 "there is hope". The author does a great job in giving credit to those of influence. I can't wait to read Kevin's other book "Secret Weapon".

5.0 out of 5 stars A Prudent Plan for an Uncertain Future, January 24, 2014
I have read Kevin's book "Secret Weapon" and "Game Plan" is an excellent follow up. Frighteningly fascinating, I had the great pleasure of hearing Kevin speak. His knowledge and focused attention on the facts and prudent steps to counter the threats to our liberty is a must need in this day and age. Kevin is not an alarmist, but he is alarmed and gives solid advice on our to prepare for an uncertain future. Get this book now and get copies for all your freedom-loving friends and family.

Game Plan: How to Protect Yourself from the Coming Cyber-Economic Attack
Game Plan: How to Protect Yourself from the Coming Cyber-Economic Attack by Kevin D. Freeman (Hardcover - January 6, 2014)
$27.95 $16.84