Initial post: Aug 29, 2011 12:24:17 AM PDT
TVonDVD says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDKhmJAGoU0

Posted on Aug 29, 2011 1:06:22 AM PDT
Shaun Dunham says:
I'm getting it on day 1!

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 8:19:46 AM PST
J. Wilen says:
Anyone hear any rumors of a Pre-order Bonus?

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 8:33:50 PM PST
T. Benefield says:
I hope the pre-order bonus shows up soon.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 11:02:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 13, 2012 2:26:14 PM PST
Angelus says:
I don't know if Amazon is offering anything else, but the pre-order will include an costume for Juliet. The pin-up girl costume.

Best Buy is also giving 2 outfits. The goth girl and the gold funk costumes.

Gamestop has only one, but it is an Ash costume from 'The Evil Dead' movies.
For Gamestop rewards members, they get a weird fairy outfit as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LomvRnQ984A

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 10:59:52 AM PST
T. Benefield says:
Gamestop is showing Ash and the Pink Fairy thing... which apparently is named after a musician working on the game. I'm a big fan of Evil Dead & Army of Darkness, but I also have to admit that the pinup/rockabilly costume is probably the best of the extra costumes.

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 8:27:14 PM PST
Sheex says:
Gamestop has the Evil Dead Ash costume and the pink fairy costume based on an outfit worn by Jimmy Urine from Mindless Self Indulgence. Amazon has the cherry rockabilly pinup outfit, and Best Buy has the Foxy Funk outfit and the Goth outfit. I plan to go Best Buy for the Goth outfit, but the sexy rockabilly with a $10 credit would get me to go Amazon.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2012 2:27:40 PM PST
Angelus says:
I read that the Jimmy Urine outfit is only available if you are a Rewards member at Gamestop. Otherwise, it is just the Ash one.

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 4:56:18 PM PST
I remember a time when you got cool stuff in a game by playing the game and earning them. Now, you have to buy from the right retailer and purchase them off psn. I'll buy this game from Amazon because I know I can trust the company, regardless of preorder BS.
I have no problem with preorder bonuses, but company exlusive bonuses is just stupid gimmick I won't fall for.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012 7:20:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2012 7:23:31 PM PST
Kara Eardly says:
Very true. Not only that, but DLC in general. A blu-ray disk is capable of holding 50GB of information (if dual layered) 25 if not. Most games in general, take up about 10GB on average...so why do we have to pay a premium for DLC, when it should have been included with the game in the first place? I have noticed that unlockable content within games has been streamlined into DLC! What a rip, right? And we the consumer have to pay more than the $60 price point so that these companies can keep making money off of a game months after its release? While they aren't twisting your arm to buy the DLC (entirely optional) it sometimes certainly adds to the experience (although most DLC is mostly cosmetic i.e. costumes and extra weapons...) I feel somewhere down the line, we as gamers have been getting ripped off. I'd rather pay another $10 or so, and get the full game (with all added content) then get a watered down version on day one, and have to pay another $20-30 for it in the long run (with no guaranteed support after these current gen systems go obsolete! BTW, they usually have most DLC panned out way before the game ever hits shelves! They may act vague, and like they don't have a clue, but they do! Blah. Plus on another topic: game patches! To me, the gaming industry today is releasing nothing but beta versions of their games at launch. Then fixing (sometimes major game breaking glitches) 3-4 months after the release! To me, this is unacceptable! Minor patches should be expected with the current size and vastness of games these days, but come on! The prime example, and need I say more is: Bethesda. Long hailed for system crashing bugs. They're not the only ones...I have yet to play a PS3 game that hasn't been severely bugged. Is it programmer laziness? Lack of Quality control? Poor Authentication on Sony's part? Well Sony doesn't make the games (well some of them) but most Sony brand games I've ever played, have run smoother, played well, and never bugged or crashed on me...(so what is it really?) I'm just sick of getting ripped off by corporate greed. Sooner or later, video game sales will plummet so bad, that maybe they'll finally wake up and smell the glitchy roses....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012 8:22:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2012 9:28:06 PM PST
100% agree. That's why I rarely purchase a game on release. I figure if I wait 3-4 months I can buy the game and all of the DLC for the same price I could have bought the game alone on day one. Plus, in most cases, the bugs have been worked out so it's actually a game, and not a beta that i'm purchasing.
As far as bethesda goes, I won't touch anything they release until it get's down to about 20 bucks and unless I can get through 1 playthrough without be bugged to death I purchase none of the dlc.
But considering the number of gamers that are kids whose parents will buy them anything they ask for and the number of gamers that are adults whose parents never tought them financial responsibilty, I don't think corperate greed and game sales are going anywhere.

and just to stay on topic...
THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME! Like the Bayonetta of the zombie genre. :)
As well as an exception, as I will be purchasing this on day one.
Most hack-n-slash games don't offer dlc that add's a whole lot of gameplay anyway. Just cosmetic stuff I don't really care about anyway.

Posted on Mar 8, 2012 3:57:30 AM PST
BooBoo says:
I'll get it after it drops in price. I really think the publishers for these B-tier Japanese games are completely out of their minds trying to sell these things at sixty dollars.

Run a good marketing campaign and put it at 29.99 or something with a special box for attention. That'll serve you a lot better than sending it to die like this.

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 9:01:42 AM PDT
dan says:
In fact, DLC purchases is how a lot of the money is made. Because of the increase in the used game market, which the publisher gets zero profit, amazon actually makes a profit because of commissions for essentially not doing any of the 'work' in creating the game, just providing a place for people to hookup and make transactions. When you look at it from the developers/publishers side, hey they might be greedy but they must become more innovative in making money, and DLCs are one of them.

I just cringe at the day when the endings will be DLC only, who knows they might just start with ME3 !!! hahahaha

Posted on Mar 26, 2012 3:39:12 AM PDT
Ivan says:
60 is way to much for most games these days.
The trailer looks pretty awesome and fun. But I will wait until its 40 or less. which should be about 1-2months after release.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 9:56:03 AM PDT
Will M says:
@Ivan I agree the hame looks pretty fun, but $60 is way too high a starting price for this type of game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa19bc6cc)

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Aug 29, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Lollipop Chainsaw - Playstation 3
Lollipop Chainsaw - Playstation 3 by Warner Bros (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (160)