5.0 out of 5 stars excellent
Published on July 12, 2003 by qualitycafe

2.0 out of 5 stars Preset kills product
The only thing that disappointed me about this was that you can't enter in your own codes. It's stuck with preset ones.
Published on January 18, 2010 by Ken Young

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, July 12, 2003
This review is from: GameCube Action Replay (Video Game)
i purchased the action replay for gamecube after seeing screens of the secret "test" worlds for the legend of zelda: the wind waker. i was disappointed to discover that the codes i wanted weren't pre-loaded into the hardware, meaning i had to manually input them. luckily, the action replay is extremely user-friendly, making even the longest codes easy to input.
it's also great if you play "animal crossing". who has the time to compile 800,000 bells to pay off your final loan? i don't. you'll also be able to unlock the ultra-secret "legend of zelda" and "super mario brothers".
all in all, the action replay is extremely easy to use, and if i've never had a game crash using any of their codes. highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewing Reviews, April 25, 2004
This review is from: GameCube Action Replay (Video Game)
To be perfectly honest, I don't own the Action Replay, though I would like to. I am only reviewing to let the uninformed buyer know that they should ignore the two people who gave the Action Replay a bad review.
This 'christina swan' person I can forgive, as she apparently doesn't know much about game systems. I'll tell you now, a cheat system CAN NOT ruin the game system itself. I own a gameshark for the N64, and I know that the dumbest thing you can do with one of those is to put in a bunch of random characters and hope it's a good code, and even then, the worst you could do was ruin the gameshark itself. If you want my opinion, the kid probably left the Gamecube open too long, letting dust or something get on the laser reader, blocking the laser and rendering the Gamecube unable to read discs. That happened to me before, the guy who did the repairs said that happened a lot with laser-disk based game systems like Gamecube and PS2.
As for the I HATE ACTION REPLAY guy, I'm gonna have to come up with a list for you:
-The codes are a bunch of numbers and letters, it takes you over two hours to put in one code.
*These codes are meant to actually change how the Gamecube reads the game, so you can keep the health meter stuck on full and stuff like that. Can you appreciate how much programming code is used to pull off something like that? Feel lucky you only have to put in a few letters and numbers. And as for the two hours, can you say exaggeration!?! I really doubt it would take even the slowest gamer that long to put in codes. Besides, learn to put a little effort into what you do.
-Codes only give you stuff like infinite lives and extra characters, who in their right mind would want that junk on their game?
*Oh, for the love of... It's a CHEAT SYSTEM. You're supposed to *gasp* CHEAT WITH IT!! Who in their right mind would want that on their game, you ask? Everyone but you, apparently.
-The price is too much.... it should be less.
*It's worth how much it cost the company to make it, plus some for profit. If you don't like it, don't whine to everyone on Amazon about it.
-Also it doesn't work on my super nintendo.
*Oh my...I'm sorry, I didn't know you had mental problems. You see, kid, a system that's made for a Gamecube usually works on a Gamecube, not the Super Nintendo. They're completely different systems, you see.
-Datel can't make cheat systems, they should jump off a bridge.
*I hate to stoop to your level, but here goes:
Considering your arguments, I think the world would be done a much better favor if YOU were to jump off a bridge. A high one. That happens to be over a pile of jagged rocks.
Actully, that felt pretty good. Anyway, last one:
-Don't buy this...instead go by the amazing Etch-A-Sketch.
*Why? If a person is looking for a cheat system, how would a toy drawing pad help them? And, no offence to you Etch-A-Sketch fans, but I don't see what's so amazing about it. Please come up with a decent argument next time.
If anyone wants to argue about this some more, feel free to e-mail or something, especially if you happen to be anything like this I HATE ACTION REPLAY guy. I'm here 'til Thursday. ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Action Replay, April 20, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: GameCube Action Replay (Video Game)
Action Replays work great for any systems I've owned them for. Just check the sellers comments, a lot of people are selling these for GC and you think your getting the older version that has a memory card you can add codes on with and your actually getting the newer model with no memory card. So if you want the old one, there are many reasons to want an older version, make sure you look at what your buying and read the sellers comments. But as far as useability, they are easy to use, codes can be long, but life can't be that easy for you, and they work. Great for young gamers, or those who don't have time to "level".

4.0 out of 5 stars As up to date as you can get, March 30, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
As the title says, it has every code that was ever available for gamecube. The only thing is, you can't add any new codes to the list. So if you like to hack codes or know some unofficial codes for a game, you're pretty much out of luck. But if you're just a casual gamer and you need a cheat device for gamecube, this is your best bet.

2.0 out of 5 stars Preset kills product, January 18, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Some misconceptions, November 16, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: GameCube Action Replay (Video Game)
This is a great device if you want to explore the game 100%. The codes take a maxium of 1 minute to put in (most codes are 1 line and it is a mixure of numbers and letters BUT you are only putting in about 10 of these characters, so it is a matter of seconds) once the code is put in, it saves it so that you do not have to type it ever again (unless you decide to delete it ofcourse). It does not work on SNES because, well that is another system.... Action replay (gameshark in the US until they stopped having Interact distribute them and sold it to Mad Catz) has ALOT of experience in these devices and proved that with the release of the Action Replay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!!, June 26, 2003
J.L.H. (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GameCube Action Replay (Video Game)
I got this for Resident Evil on my Gamecube but have used on almost all my games now. Its great if you have a game that you can't beat and the game doesn't have any cheats aka. Resident Evil. My sister uses it for Animal Crossing to get all the nes games including Punch-Out, Zelda, Mario, and the Ice Climbers.It also has codes already in it for just about any game you can think of. I only encountered one problem and that was when I tried to unlock all the cars in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2. It freezes every time I try to do it but all an all it is a great product if you have a need to cheat.

1.0 out of 5 stars WHY!?!?!, August 29, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: GameCube Action Replay (Video Game)
I was really excited about finally getting an AR for my GCN but this version is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!! You can't add codes or games to it! I suggest buying an older version, I've heard you can add codes/games to them

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless Junk, August 3, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: GameCube Action Replay (Video Game)
I bought this hoping it would work like my PS2 and Nintendo DS, after I tried like 10 times to get it to work with the Wii I found out that it doesn't work with a majority of games I own, also you cant add your own codes!!! this is worthless dont wastes your money on this crap!

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, July 20, 2011
This review is from: GameCube Action Replay (Video Game)
I bought this thinking I could add some nice cheats to my gamecube games, mainly Super Smash Bros, but you can't add your own codes. So I was like, ok, I'll just use the codes already stored for my games, and I did for a few months. Now, for some reason the disk refuses to play. The disc has pretty much no scratches on it and my gamecube is in fine condition. To make matters worse, I can turn it on with my wii, but when it's time to eject the replay and insert the game, the game doesn't turn on. This thing is a pile of junk and I'm thinking of returning it.

GameCube Action Replay
GameCube Action Replay by Amazon.com (GameCube)
$49.99 $24.40