Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GameCube Memory Card 1019
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 17, 2004
It's about time Nintendo came out with a sizable memory unit that can hold large amount of information. Before now, one had to rely off-brand cards (such as the Nyko 8 MB) for large saves, and they were susceptible to data corruption and the loss of saves. A basic save of Madden, MVP Baseball, or any of the Sims games often took up most of a regular 251 block card. Saving more than that--a season or franchise--was only possible with off-brand cards whose record of reliability was tenuous at best. (Imagine saving a season of Madden and losing it when the card became corrupted). Nintendo-brand cards have an excellent record of stability and reliability. If you need a large card for saving sports or Sims games, this is perfect.
0Comment| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
It always seems to be what Nintendo finally did, other smaller companies did for Nintendo's Gamecube awhile ago. With Nintendo's Memory card 1019, it carries much more memory than it previous 251 memory block card. This device seems to be more crucial than imaginative, especially for die hard gamers of the Nintendo Gamecube. The memory works very well, and the trust that Nintendo carries on this card is great. Although with all different kinds of memory cards available for the Gamecube at all different prices, many will stick with cheaper memory cards that aren't always safe for Gamecube owners. Try to stick with Nintendo and this memory card, or the cheaper 251 block memory card. You really won't be sorry.

Overall: B+

Value: B
on July 5, 2004
I heard about a complaint on this card two weeks ago when it came out. It was about the card not accepting older games which definately isn't true why??? I have 70+ games now and every one of them went on except for F-Zero GX which was kinda strange since it's a game from Nintendo themselves. With 70 games and lots of them being older lower class titles all moving over fine theres nothing to worry about. Another thing I have 676 memory blocks left meaning I can buy some more games. Buy this if you own a Gamecube. Also look into buying the GBA Gamecube link cable wich is freakin awsome.
on August 19, 2004
This is an awesome memory card!! But I just ordered a 251 card. Don't worry I think this new cards awesome but, before you buy it think of how many games you have and if you need the extra space! For one I only wanted my own personal card, (Away form my memory thirsty sister) so I don't need to much space. Believe me $10 can go a long way!!
on January 30, 2010
As far as using this memory card on your Gamecube it's great! When used on the Wii system it corrupts and you lose years of hard earned save data, I found out the hard way! Only use memory card 251 on your Wii. This memory card gets a 5 out of 5 rating when used on Gamecube but a negative 1 million rating when used on the Wii. Hope this helps someone to not have the same misfortune I had.
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2005
Let's see, here are your choices.

1)A 251 block Memory card at the cost of about $17

2)a 1019 block Memory card at the cost of about $30

For the 251 to match the 1019, you'd have to buy about 4, so multiple that with $17.

With 1019 blocks at 30$, it's actually cheaper then 2 memory cards containing only 251 blocks

So it's your choice to pay $68 or $30

The conclusion for which is a better deal is a no brainer.
on June 9, 2004
I have two Memorycard 251's from nintendo and have yet to receive any corrupted data so ive always had good experience w/their GameCube memorycard lines. The only problem i've had with them was their lack of space but now they are finally correcting that problem and allowing a ton of gamesaves for the GC. More sport games will be able to fit on one card and you cant forget how most game saves for the GC are quite compact so you should be able to fit a ton of saves on a single 1019 and have just that one card. I've never had any nintendo product break on me (except a controller but that was my fault) and im gonna stick w/first party all the way
on December 30, 2005
The Memory Card 1019 from Nintendo is excellent for saving Gamecube saves. I used to have to delete old save files in favor of ones for newer games. And some games required so much space that it was impossible to save anything from them. I tried some 3rd party brands before, but the gamesaves often became corrupted. I have had this memory card for nearly a year now and nothing I have saved has become corrupted. Even with nearly 60 different gamesaves on it, some for some rather large games like The Sims 2, I still have more than enough space left. The price is a bit more expensive, but its quality has more than made up for it already.
on May 8, 2004
At last, Nintendo has released an official 8 MB memory card for the GameCube. The only way you're likely to even approach filling this card up is if you're a big fan of sports games (whose save files usually take up tons of memory). I've had a Memory Card 251 (2 MB) for awhile now, and I still have yet to fill it up, but I've had to keep a second one around for games like Madden and MVP, which usually can take up an entire 251 all by themselves. No longer! The official Memory Card 1019 is the ultimate memory solution for GameCube.
on July 15, 2004
If you need a memory card for the Gamecube, this is THE card to get. It holds the data for all 24 of my games, with plenty of room left over.

Or just look at it this way: the 251 card is worth 20 dollars new; the 1019 holds four times as much information and it's worth only 10 dollars more.