4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance from these 3rd party GC controllers!
Published on April 22, 2011 by J. A. Henderson

3.0 out of 5 stars It serves its purpose
Published on July 21, 2011 by HeWhoWouldLikeAnXBOX360

3.0 out of 5 stars It serves its purpose, July 21, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gamecube Black Controller (Video Game)
Average 3rd party control for the GameCube, also works with Wii. The coverings on the analog control stick and the C-stick came off pretty quickly, leaving them bare and uncomfortable to use. Then the Z button stopped working altogether. Since we only own one or two Gamecube/Gamecube-compatible games, it's not a big deal to us, but it's kinda annoying. Go with the Gamecube Compatible Controller (Indigo) instead, that one's lasted longer. By the way, in case you think we were fooling around with the controller, we weren't: we only used it for the games, we kept it safe when not in use, and we didn't even use the Z button that often. The controller just kinda sucked.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, March 17, 2013
This review is from: Gamecube Black Controller (Video Game)
These controllers are horrible, they break after a day and even when they do work they play terribly. Awful product and a ripoff.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this item, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Gamecube Black Controller (Video Game)
When I recieved this item, I noticed it was made extremely cheap. I figured, that's fine because it's an off-brand. Well, I plugged it into my Gamecube and it just simply did nothing. No buttons worked, nothing. If you're holding it, it literally feels like it's just a plastic shell in the shape of a controller with buttons on it. I am extremely disappointed in this buy, and would advise other people not to make the same mistake I did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst controller I've had, September 20, 2012
This review is from: Gamecube Black Controller (Video Game)
Some of the buttons stick and the analog stick isn't very responsive. It is the worst game controller I've ever used

2.0 out of 5 stars Controller sticks!, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Gamecube Black Controller (Video Game)
This controller is a generic version. It worked like a charm for the first few weeks and then the left joystick started to stick. This is very frustrating when you are playing a game.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked for less than a month, May 28, 2014
This review is from: Gamecube Black Controller (Video Game)
This controller just stopped working. It worked for just under a month and when I went to return it, we had just missed the return window.

1.0 out of 5 stars DEFECTIVE ANALOGS!, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Gamecube Black Controller (Video Game)
This is the first review Ive ever written, and I only felt compelled to write this because of what happened. I ordered a black gc controller and it arrived fairly soon, but the analog stick was defective. This struck me as very odd and probably rare because it WAS sealed in the factory seal. the analog stick was stuck moving my characters in a diagonal/down position. I wrote to them about the defect and they sent me a replacement fairly quickly too; However, the new controller HAD THE SAME DEFECT, and this one was factory sealed as well! Maybe I just got really unlucky, but I am done trying to get a controller, at least from here. requested a refund today which will probably (hopefully) go through

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even for free., June 29, 2014
This review is from: Gamecube Black Controller (Video Game)
This controller came with a refurbished (like new) Nintendo Gamecube I purchased just to play Super Smash Bros. Melee on. After a day of wave dashing, the analog stick is toast. 4 hours of play and its almost unusable. If you are used to how an official controller feels, you will hate this controller. Do not pay money for this controller if you plan on using it for its intended purpose (or do purchase it if you are on the fence about paying for a new official Nintendo controller).

P.S. This is the only review I have ever written for anything on all of Amazon sooo I have no idea if its possible to rate something lower than one star. If it is possible, and I just don't know how to do it.. 0 Stars lulz.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent performance from these 3rd party GC controllers!, April 22, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gamecube Black Controller (Video Game)
These Joytech 3rd party Gamecube controllers have been plug-and-play perfect with my Wii after 3 months of moderate use (including by 2 children, 9 and 7). I was surprised at just how heavy and solid-feeling they are, and so far all buttons and joysticks work perfectly. They're needed to play Gamecube backups on the Wii, and so these have greatly expanded our gameplay on our Wii. I can't imagine that the OEM (Nintendo) controllers are any more solid or capable. Be sure to get Gamecube extension cables for these if your Wii is located more than 4-5 feet from where you play. While they have 6-ft. cords, you don't want them taut when you're trying to play. Overall, very satisfied with this purchase!

1.0 out of 5 stars Controller is Junk!, September 2, 2012
This review is from: Gamecube Black Controller (Video Game)
When I recieved this controller it worked perfectly for about a week or so of casual use. However, I began to notice the control stick responding incorrectly occasionally. Within a few days, the control stick had become completely useless as it rarely moves you in the direction you are trying to face on any of the games I've tried it on. DO NOT BUY! WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.

Gamecube Black Controller
Gamecube Black Controller by Joytech (GameCube)
$9.99 $8.28