5.0 out of 5 stars the ULTIMATE memory card
Published on July 15, 2009 by Sky D

3.0 out of 5 stars As advertised
Still using this memory card in my Wii, but it is specifically for Gamecube games. It works fine and has been solid. If you still have a Gamecube and/or Gamecube games that you play on the Wii - you'll want this in order to save your games.
Published on December 20, 2012 by Rodney L. Schulz Jr.

5.0 out of 5 stars the ULTIMATE memory card, July 15, 2009
Sky D (Payson, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gamecube Memory Card 1019 (Video Game)
I bought the Nintendo GameCube when it was first released in November 2001, along with the original Memory Card 59. Almost a year later, the Memory Card 251 was released, so I bought one as my 59 block card was almost full at that point. Then, when Nintendo later announced the Memory Card 1019, I was ecstatic. By that time I had a library of almost 50 games and my two old memory cards were entirely full. The 1019 now holds all my saved games, and is barely over half full. It has completely replaced my 59 and 251 block cards, with room to spare. This is the only GameCube memory card you'll ever need! Don't be discouraged by others' complaints that it has corruption issues. It does use a different technology than the two previous official Nintendo cards, but the only problems are with older games (8 of them to be exact, only 3 of which are actually incompatible and none of which cause any corruption). You can read Nintendo's official statement by doing a google search for "nintendo customer service memory card 1019" and clicking on the first result (Amazon won't allow me to post the actual link in this review).

As you know, data loss or corruption can occur with any memory device, not just for the GameCube but for other video games and computers as well. To avoid any issues, always remember to return to the title screen of any game before turning off the GameCube (you can reset first with the reset button then turn off with the power button to accomplish this) and never remove or insert any memory cards while the power is on and a game is running, especially a game that uses an autosave feature. Oh, and don't touch either the power or reset button while a game is in the process of saving (that one's obvious). You will never suffer data loss if you follow these simple rules (they are listed in the instruction manuals of both the GameCube and individual games).

Now that I've given you "the rest of the story" (thank you Paul Harvey), enjoy this product and its TONS of memory!

5.0 out of 5 stars Original Nintendo is Best, October 31, 2008
This review is from: Gamecube Memory Card 1019 (Video Game)
We always buy the original Nintendo memory products as they seem to hold more memory per byte and have a much lower likelihood of failure or corruption.

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive Storage, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Gamecube Memory Card 1019 (Video Game)
This is the largest memory card that Nintendo made for the Gamecube and should be the one you should buy. It'll hold a lot of saves and works perfectly!

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, April 6, 2014
This review is from: Gamecube Memory Card 1019 (Video Game)
I always buy the official nintendo merchaindise. Which Igot so I got so I'm happy about that. Plus it works as advertised.

3.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, December 20, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the buy, June 25, 2014
This review is from: Gamecube Memory Card 1019 (Video Game)
Works great and it arrived when I wanted it to and it can hold my entire childhood on one convenient package

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal!, May 27, 2014
This review is from: Gamecube Memory Card 1019 (Video Game)
This is actually a great Gamecube Memory Card! I recommend this to anyone that has either a Gamecube system or a Gamecube compatible Wii and play Gamecube games.

4.0 out of 5 stars One Memory Card for All your Games, May 25, 2014
This review is from: Gamecube Memory Card 1019 (Video Game)
The memory card will store a lot of saves. This memory card is much worth it because of the amount of storage. The only thing that caused me to give it only 4 stars, was that used ones can have some left over game saves. It is not a hassle to delete them, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamecube and Wii Compatible, May 11, 2014
This review is from: Gamecube Memory Card 1019 (Video Game)
Considering how many years GC has been out of production, this product works perfectly fine for its purposes and worked (as it should) on both my Wii and Gamecube.

Recommend it for a serious gamer... I know my brother will be filling it up with Sims, etc!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy!, March 5, 2014
This review is from: Gamecube Memory Card 1019 (Video Game)
My grandson was very happy to get this memory card for his GameCube. He loves Animal Crossing and many other games, but the other memory cards are not large enough to save his games to.

Gamecube Memory Card 1019
Gamecube Memory Card 1019 by Nintendo (GameCube)
$29.99 $22.89