Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gamecube Memory Card 1019
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on July 15, 2009
I bought the Nintendo GameCube when it was first released in November 2001, along with the original Memory Card 59. Almost a year later, the Memory Card 251 was released, so I bought one as my 59 block card was almost full at that point. Then, when Nintendo later announced the Memory Card 1019, I was ecstatic. By that time I had a library of almost 50 games and my two old memory cards were entirely full. The 1019 now holds all my saved games, and is barely over half full. It has completely replaced my 59 and 251 block cards, with room to spare. This is the only GameCube memory card you'll ever need! Don't be discouraged by others' complaints that it has corruption issues. It does use a different technology than the two previous official Nintendo cards, but the only problems are with older games (8 of them to be exact, only 3 of which are actually incompatible and none of which cause any corruption). You can read Nintendo's official statement by doing a google search for "nintendo customer service memory card 1019" and clicking on the first result (Amazon won't allow me to post the actual link in this review).

As you know, data loss or corruption can occur with any memory device, not just for the GameCube but for other video games and computers as well. To avoid any issues, always remember to return to the title screen of any game before turning off the GameCube (you can reset first with the reset button then turn off with the power button to accomplish this) and never remove or insert any memory cards while the power is on and a game is running, especially a game that uses an autosave feature. Oh, and don't touch either the power or reset button while a game is in the process of saving (that one's obvious). You will never suffer data loss if you follow these simple rules (they are listed in the instruction manuals of both the GameCube and individual games).

Now that I've given you "the rest of the story" (thank you Paul Harvey), enjoy this product and its TONS of memory!
on August 9, 2014
This memory card works as advertised if you're only using it on the gamecube, however there is a well known issue that when using this memory card on the wii (in gamecube backwards compatible mode) it will eventually corrupt all the data on the card. This happened to me and it was very unfortunate as I lost 100% completion files of many of my favorite games. I would recommend the memory card 251 for those who play on the wii instead of the gamecube.
on October 24, 2013
I don't own very many game Game Cube games but I needed a way to store the data. This card was easily the perfect solution. I bought it used and it had some writing on it but it was not a big deal. The writing cleaned right off. there were also some saved games but I just left them on in case I could use the saves, which I could not. I would recomend buying one of these since they are so cheap over other cards since they are the official Nintendo brand and large.
on February 2, 2012
This product works as advertised. It's a memory card that store saves from gamecube. It works perfect for me. I read another review that said their's didn't work out of the box which this stuff does happen. Just be sure you test your merchandise right after when you receive it because then you can let the seller aware of the problem and it can be fixed in a timely manner as with anything else bought. But it's not the seller's fault that it's not working new out of the box. The seller expects something new to work when first bought.
on January 8, 2015
I'm not sure why but this memory card only works sometimes. I bought it for my lil' girl for Christmas. When my daughter goes to access certain games it works. Other times it doesn't. Really strange if you ask me. The grey old-school memory card she had been using (that was original to the system) never had any of these issues. I rated 3/5 stars because sometimes it does work... Kind of a bummer though. I expected more since I bought it new.
on November 12, 2013
Worked great on my Wii. Have had a third party large memory card, and multiple card 59's, and I still play many GameCube games today on my wii. When I ran out of room, I had read some cards had issues with the wii, but the reviews for this were great, I decided to purchase it. I'm happy to say it works flawlessly on the Wii. Managed to transfer many games from the third party card to this (I'm afraid to remove it from my wii as I once removed it and it gave multiple errors when trying to put it back in). I never had issues with third party on the GameCube, but on the wii its kinda finicky. I highly recommend this, please do not go for cheaper memory cards for the wii, stick with this official card.
on October 31, 2008
We always buy the original Nintendo memory products as they seem to hold more memory per byte and have a much lower likelihood of failure or corruption.
on February 18, 2013
This is the largest memory card that Nintendo made for the Gamecube and should be the one you should buy. It'll hold a lot of saves and works perfectly!
on July 30, 2015
Yo its so smooth and dank af.
review image
on January 23, 2015
Best Gamecube Memory Card ever! It sucks that you HAVE to buy this card really. The original memory cards for the gamecube were just awful. I believe they come with 50 blocks of data space, and this card comes with 1,000. Yeah, you NEED this card if you own a gamecube!