Customer Reviews


4 Reviews
5 star:
 (2)
4 star:    (0)
3 star:    (0)
2 star:
 (1)
1 star:
 (1)
 
 
 
 
 
Average Customer Review
Share your thoughts with other customers
Create your own review
 
 

The most helpful favorable review
The most helpful critical review


7 of 8 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great variety of problems
This book is up to Games Magazine and Will Shortz's standards. It's got a good variety of puzzles at every level, and I'm still enjoying working through them.

If you're a Games Magazine puzzle fan, you won't be disappointed.
Published on January 11, 2009 by Dave

versus
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Good variety, but way, way, way too easy
It is true that this puzzle book has a wide variety of puzzles. However, they are all painfully easy. Lovers of Games Magazine, and Games World of Puzzles Magazine are familiar with the 1-star, 2-star, and 3-star difficulty ratings. 95% of these puzzles are at the 1-star difficulty. The remaining 5% are struggling up to 1 1/2 stars. If you enjoy easy puzzles, this...
Published on May 6, 2011 by jim123e_2000


Most Helpful First | Newest First

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Good variety, but way, way, way too easy, May 6, 2011
This review is from: Games Magazine Presents Best Pencil Puzzles (Paperback)
It is true that this puzzle book has a wide variety of puzzles. However, they are all painfully easy. Lovers of Games Magazine, and Games World of Puzzles Magazine are familiar with the 1-star, 2-star, and 3-star difficulty ratings. 95% of these puzzles are at the 1-star difficulty. The remaining 5% are struggling up to 1 1/2 stars. If you enjoy easy puzzles, this one's definitely for you. If, however, you enjoy being even moderately challenged, please save your money. Otherwise you will be as disappointed as I.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


7 of 8 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great variety of problems, January 11, 2009
By 
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Games Magazine Presents Best Pencil Puzzles (Paperback)
This book is up to Games Magazine and Will Shortz's standards. It's got a good variety of puzzles at every level, and I'm still enjoying working through them.

If you're a Games Magazine puzzle fan, you won't be disappointed.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


2 of 3 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars *Not* Large-Print!, December 20, 2010
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Games Magazine Presents Best Pencil Puzzles (Paperback)
I'm sure it's a great collection - I'm a huge Will Shortz fan - but this book is incorrectly catalogued as Large-Print in the title (Games Magazine Presents Best Pencil Puzzles [Large Print] [Paperback]). I purchased this as a gift based on that description, and am sorely disappointed.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, September 18, 2011
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Games Magazine Presents Best Pencil Puzzles (Paperback)
Nice array of puzzles in this book. I have enjoyed it and recommend it to other puzzle lovers who may get bored with the same thing all the time.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No


Most Helpful First | Newest First

Details

Games Magazine Presents Best Pencil Puzzles
Games Magazine Presents Best Pencil Puzzles by Will Shortz (Paperback - November 3, 1992)
Used & New from: $0.01
Add to wishlist See buying options
Search these reviews only
Send us feedback How can we make Amazon Customer Reviews better for you? Let us know here.