Customer Discussions > The Last of Us forum

Games To Not Miss!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 19, 2013 12:55:37 PM PDT
Hi,

I have both an Xbox 360 and a PS3. What games should be a part of my collection? What games are definite "must own" titles. It's been awhile since I've gamed on either console. Games I am looking at right now are: Crysis 3, Tomb Raider, Gears of War Judgment, The Last of Us, Dark Souls, Borderlands 2 and Halo 4.

The problem for me is that they don't really identify a demographic that a given game is made for. For example, a 36 year old educated male vs a tween. I have a problem choosing something appropriate for my age, intelligence and maturity level. Is there a site that better organizes these games for individuals?

I guess the same would hold true for books and "reader levels?"

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 22, 2013 11:59:14 AM PDT
The absolute must play games (notice i don't say must own - most of these games you can rent and beat them without spending a ton of cash) are The Last of Us and Bioshock Infinite. Dark Souls is a buy, because it's too long/difficult to make renting it a viable option. Once you've finished with those, Tomb Raider is a pretty fantastic game as well. Also, if you are in the mood for a much slower paced (but also fantastic) game, check out Heavy Rain. Borderlands 2 is tons of fun, but I got the most out of it playing with my friend split screen... single player and even online play isnt quite as fun.

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 3:05:24 PM PDT
James... Thanks for the recommendations. Do you subscribe to GameFly or do you rent through Redbox? I was looking at Borderlands 2 because it's down to $20 on Amazon. Is it a game you initially play online co-op or do you jump into the single player campaign right off the bat? I'm probably going to wait until The Last of Us drops in price to buy it or even rent it even first if I can find it...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2013 9:00:24 AM PDT
I rent through Redbox, although it can be frustrating finding the games you want sometimes... i'm not a fan of the monthly charge thing. Anyway, play The Last of Us as soon as possible. In my opinion, its the best game of this entire console generation. In terms of Borderlands, on line co-op can be a good way to go, but I jumped into split screen co-op with a friend of mine when i got it and that was a lot more fun. That way you're looking to help each other out instead of constantly competing for the best loot. 20 bucks is a steal, though, for sure.

James

Posted on Jul 23, 2013 2:36:40 PM PDT
I personally preferred Demon's Souls over Dark Souls because the online community is much better done then Dark Souls. Some of my favorite games is Dead Space 1 and 2, Demon's Souls, Bioshock Infinite (all in the series is great though), and Last of Us. Some really great games is Skyrim, Infamous, God Of War series, Borderlands 2, Dragon Age series, Uncharted series, and Mass Effect series.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  The Last of Us forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Last of Us
The Last of Us by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (3,062)