Customer Discussions > Project X Zone - Nintendo 3DS forum

Games that have never reached America

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 10, 2013 1:03:23 AM PDT
Jason says:
It'd be great if this game could be a gateway or something to help get games that have never really touched America, Like Sakura Wars or Super Robot Wars. I know that there was one Sakura Wars game that made it to America but we never saw the original realease of that and it'd be pretty cool if they were to come over here. And hell I doubt it'd be all that difficult to simply translate (Especially if they keep the original JPN dub), and release it on the Nintendo E shop or PSN or something. I'd think there'd be a number of people who'd buy.

Posted on Jul 10, 2013 11:15:09 AM PDT
JR says:
There's actually 3 Super Robot Wars games that are in America (two for the GBA and one for the DS), and I believe there are a few others that have english subtitles. Atlus is a good company that brings alot of Japanese games to America. Hopefully Atlus gets bought out by a good company, or buys themselves out because of the bancruptcy thing thats going on (as far as I know Atlus isn't hurting from it).

Yeah, I plan on getting that Sakura Wars game. Project X Zone has really opened me up to alot of new games I haven't even played, alot of them from the PS2!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2013 12:02:50 PM PDT
Jason says:
Yeah I found that out after I made this post last night, though I was surprised how much Endless Frontier cost, even a used copy cost more than I can handle. And I know about Atlus, I'm a huge SMT fan, especially Persona, though I am looking forward to SMTIV, already preordered.
That's what I mean, PXZ is such a good way to introduce people to game series they've never even heard. For example I never played Shining Force or Super Robot Wars, but now I want. And I don't think you'll be disappointed with Sakura Wars V, I bought a couple months ago and I liked it, gave me a reason to play my dust collecting ps2.

Posted on Jul 12, 2013 11:09:16 AM PDT
JR says:
I was preaty lucky with getting a copy of Endless Frontier. Got it brand new sealed with the music CD for $80 on ebay. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a game cartridge only. I recently saw one (cartridge only) on amazon for $15. i do plan on getting SMTIV, I never played any of the games but it looks really cool. And plus I trust Atlus with making really enjoyable games.

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 8:23:08 AM PDT
BujinkanRN says:
Did you guys realize that PXZ is actually a sequel? The first game was "Namco X Capcom" for PS2, and it never was released outside of Japan. I imported back in 2006 and was ecstatic when I found that a fan translation patch had been created several years later. It really is a good game.

Posted on Jul 25, 2013 10:04:03 AM PDT
JR says:
Yup I knew that Namco X Capcom existed and that is was only released in Japan. I'm just wondering, how did you use the patch exactly? Can you download it onto your PS2 or something?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2013 10:57:44 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 25, 2013 10:58:31 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 25, 2013 11:33:06 AM PDT
BujinkanRN says:
I found a forum that had the fan translation patch (by TransGen) and application instructions. Since I'd probably get modded for posting specific links, I'd say just google it. It's not difficult, but there are several steps.

Posted on Aug 7, 2013 10:03:47 PM PDT
It's just like Ultimate Ninja 5: Naruto Shippuden, That never reached America.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Jul 10, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Project X Zone - Nintendo 3DS
Project X Zone - Nintendo 3DS by Namco (Nintendo 3DS)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (121)