Customer Discussions > Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PC forum

Gamestop has "bonus mission with classic Deus Ex character"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 30, 2010 7:40:17 PM PST
M. MacMahon says:
Kind of lame. I assume amazon will have the alternate pre-order bonus with a silenced sniper rifle and double-barrel shotgun.

I hate this pre-order bonus crap, everyone who pays their $50 should get the complete game. I hate the idea of supporting Gamestop even though I want that mission.

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 10:02:23 PM PST
M. Duarte L says:
I understand the feeling, but if it is any consolation there is going to be an "augmented edition" (aka collector's edition) that will include the mission and all the weapons of the pre-order packs. I hope Amazon lists it here soon.

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 10:41:06 PM PST
M. MacMahon says:
Hmmm, I didn't read that. If that's true then it's not that bad, since I would be buying that version anyway.

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 10:47:44 PM PST
M. MacMahon says:
Actually it seems like the European collector's edition includes them, but the US one does not. Over there they are collector's edition bonuses and here they are retailer pre-order packs.

Lame.

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 12:11:46 AM PST
C. Travierso says:
Yea it seems the augmented edition for the U.S. won't include the missions. The picture on Kotaku.com got rid of hat info from the Augmented edition. Right now it seems to be a Gamestop exclusive. They must of paid for that or agreed to advertise DX:HR for Squaresoft or something.

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 7:19:35 AM PST
M. MacMahon says:
Gamershell has the official US press release which confirms that in the US this mission is Gamestop exclusive: http://www.gamershell.com/companies/square_enix_co_ltd_/798756.html

In Europe everyone gets it with any preorder, only the US gets screwed because of Gamestop. They advertise it as bonus content but really it's just them removing content from the game and giving it back to you if you buy from there. I'm not sure how heavily moderate amazon's forums are but let me say this plainly: I will be buying the game from amazon, sticking my middle finger up at Gamestop, then "pirating" the bonus mission. It's the only moral thing to do, supporting Gamestop's tactics is certainly not.

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 8:46:43 AM PST
M. Duarte L says:
Amazing. I guess we gotta thank Gamestop for that! And for worse this seems to be the norm this days. I don't mind pre-order bonus as long as you can obtain them legally afterward (ie kinda like Civ 5 did).

Posted on Dec 13, 2010 10:53:47 AM PST
This is ridiculous. Gamestop are a bunch of greedy bastards, and are no friend of gamers. Amazon should strike a deal with Eidos to get the same content for people who pre-order, like me.

Thank you Catherine, for voting with your wallet/decision, as I will be also. Amazon is awesome, and I will support them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 10:49:27 AM PST
You guys are talking like Gamestop is the only place with pre-order exclusives, but Amazon themselves are offering an exclusive pre-order content pack as well.

I am torn between which retailer to go with, as both incentives are awesome. Then I have to choose which console... These are good problems to have, I suppose :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 12:10:20 PM PST
M. MacMahon says:
I don't think amazon should get whole missions and such as an exclusive either. Costumes and items okay, those I don't mind missing out on and most of them I don't use anyway since they are overpowered, but a mission? Mission content should not be retailer exclusive.

And you should get it for the PC, duh!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2011 12:16:34 PM PST
Ah I'm the other way. The mission is not a selling point for me so much as the weapons, as I suspect the mission is a forgettable 5-minute experience (like the "exclusive" Assassin's Creed II pre-order content that was later released for purchase anyway). The 10k credits seems like a big deal, though, and the weapons offered by both retailers are very different.

My PC cannot game, unfortunately, or it would be a no-brainer as you said :P

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 7:47:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2011 7:47:25 AM PDT
beema says:
Entire missions should never be retailer-exclusive. This is completely absurd, and one of the many reasons I'm worried this game is going to be a pile of crap.

Death to Gamestop! Stop cow-towing to them you stupid publishers! I thought publishers hated them for ripping off thier profits in the resale market anyways? Why do they keep doing this!?

Posted on Aug 11, 2011 12:13:09 AM PDT
I'm torn too and just read about this recently. Argh! Do you think this mission will be available down the road as DLC anyway after Gamestops "exclusive" period? Has this been the case with other games you've bought before, where the mission is literally only available from Gamestop for eternity? :/

Posted on Aug 16, 2011 12:42:44 PM PDT
Water Rabbit says:
I have stopped pre-ordering games exactly because of these sleazy kinds of tactics.

Posted on Aug 17, 2011 3:07:54 PM PDT
ElliotR.R says:
Well, all of these will probably some kind of dlc in the future. It would have been more enticing if Amazon had offered a gaming credit. Kmart is doing it, the are offering a 20$ credit with purchase so Ill probably buy it from them. http://twitter.com/#!/KmartGamer/status/103907377031553024/photo/1

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2011 3:19:28 PM PDT
@elflord You should send in the suggestion to Amazon too. It's close to release but maybe they'll match it?

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 6:10:59 PM PDT
ElliotR.R says:
LA Noire did the same thing, where different stores got different exclusives but rockstar announced that you could get all the pre-order + new dlc with a 10$ pass you could buy. I think that deus ex might do that, let you buy the mission later on. I mean, pre order skins and weapons are one thing, but actually having exclusive game missions is pretty lame.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2011 10:32:24 PM PDT
Hmm, true. I played through LA Noire and got the pass since it was worth it to play the additional DLC.

I would think that it is in their best interests ($$$) to release the "exclusive" DLC down the road anyway. I pre-ordered through Amazon because I don't like supporting Gamestop. Well, that and no sales tax and such for me when ordering here. :)

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 2:50:57 PM PDT
capcomdave says:
I also received an "explosive" dlc code with my game, but upon entering it, it was in fact the Tactical pack as advertised.

Anyone who thinks they got the wrong code....have you actually tried it?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa395bbf4)

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Nov 30, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 24, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PC
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - PC by Square Enix (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (324)