Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on Tikes
Customer Discussions > PS3 Starhawk forum

Gamestop has extras...Hopefully matches it...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 8, 2012 9:58:41 AM PST
Just noticed today that Gamestop will be bumping their pre-orders to limited editions along with in game extras and a credit. Hopefully doesn't drop the ball on this. I hate Gamestop.

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 10:32:43 AM PST
J. Wilson says:
Gamestop's listing says it's "exclusive" to them, but this seems to me like one of those "buy the first printing and we'll give you this extra junk" deals like they're doing with Twisted Metal, and similar to how EA has done with Battlefield 3, Bulletstorm, and Crysis 2 LE packaging. It's still supposed to be $60 for Starhawk LE, so I guess we'll see what Amazon does here.

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 6:40:32 AM PST
Vyprstryke says:
Sony said it's exclusive to GameStop. Meaning I might have to buy it there...I f*n hate Gamestop, so thanks a lot Sony. I'll hold off a little longer to see if they change their mind and let Amazon or a different retailer in on the Limited Edition as well. If it didn't have the soundtrack, I wouldn't care lol.

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 9:21:18 PM PST
I hate gamestop also. I don't have one within 45 miles of where I live and would rather not buy from them at all if I can help it. Sometime they do have great deals, but it's not worth it. Amazon is my #1 when it comes to games, so I hope they figure something out.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 7:08:03 AM PST
Vyprstryke says:
Crap...looks like I'll be getting this one at Gamestop as well...I'm easily swayed with lots of free extra goodies especially when the soundtrack is included...if amazon was able to offer just the soundtrack as a pre-order bonus, I'd be sold lol.

Posted on Feb 28, 2012 10:07:00 AM PST
A.J. Samson says:
Extra maps are a complete waste of money. I'm disappointed to see this happen again. They did the same thing with Warhawk, and it fractured the online community. Most people didn't buy the extra add-ins so I found myself playing without them most of the time. I won't fall for this again.

Posted on Mar 10, 2012 4:45:40 PM PST
Vyprstryke says:
Pre-ordered mine from gamestop earlier today along with the Darksiders CE. Part of me died inside but with the amount of extras you get for no extra cost, it might have been worth it.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 6:37:01 AM PDT
moogle11 says:
Ouch, the GS free bonus' look sweet:-
I really hope Amazon get these too !

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 3:46:51 PM PDT
Kordesh says:
I really, really am getting sick of these retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses. Especially as Gamestop has taken it to a whole additional level of annoyance and started doing items exclusive to GI subscribers. Honestly, as nice as the bonuses are, I will likely still not get this from Gamestop as I care for neither the practice nor the company.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 4:42:39 PM PDT
Amazon can't match the content, it's GameStop exclusive, but they could "match" the value by giving us a promotional 'bout it Amazon?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2012 8:14:19 PM PDT
Besides, the soundtrack will get posted on the internet somewhere. I've been avoiding Gamestop whenever possible as well.

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 10:21:26 AM PDT
C. Fountain says:
hopefully Amazon at least gives us some sort of credit.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 2:59:12 PM PDT
I quite torqued that the Limited Edition is restricted to GameSlop. That's probably stopped this from being a day-one purchase for me. I'd rather not play for a month that give GameSlop my money. It'd be nice if we can get some incentives, but I won't feel terrible for Lightbox if the sales are lackluster because of this.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 5:32:56 AM PDT
L. Freese says:
Who cares if you hate Gamestop if they got the deal go with them!

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 5:37:26 AM PDT
L. Freese says:
Amazon is not #1 when it comes to games ANYMORE. Amazon waits on others to come up with deals before they do any type of offer. LAME they can't be the first.
Gamestop has nothing but fluff here too:
Maw of Despair Outcast Pack - Includes Maw of Despair Co-op Map and Shade Warrior multiplayer skin
Echo Scrapyard Rifter Pack - Scrapyard Homeworld and Huxley Ardin multiplayer skin
Starhawk Concept Art PS3 Theme
Warhawk - Downloadable copy of the original PlayStation game
Official Starhawk Soundtrack - As a PSN download

Nothing that is worth full price IMO. Knock off the dollars to start and will talk business.

Posted on May 1, 2012 9:29:44 PM PDT
Austin says:
I prefer to buy games on Amazon or Ebay, but sometimes GameStop has the best deal. In Starhawk GameStop beats Amazon.

Posted on May 2, 2012 7:15:32 AM PDT
L. Freese says:
We all prefer convenience and getting away from paying taxes. But for some of us the better prices is what matters. After all not everyone has a cash cow laying around.
My motto is shop around before you buy from Amazon.

Posted on May 4, 2012 2:49:40 PM PDT
kelo360 says:
Well, Frys will be selling this Tuesday for 49.99. I may cancel my GameStop preorder after all. Think all the free stuff in GameStop edition will be worth it?

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 3:24:35 PM PDT
nice find. Too bad the CA sales tax gets close to exceeding the price (only save about $3.00).

The free stuff in the gamestop edition should be available on the PSN store at a later, though on what date, is uncertain.

Skins? meh.

Soundtrack? Readily will be available online.

Warhawk? Already have it.

So unless you're gunning to finish the game the first few days you get it and want to jump immediately into the extra maps, there's not a ton of incentive to buy from Gamestop.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 4:01:10 PM PDT
kelo360 says:
Excellent point. I think I was looking forward to the theme the most. That seems a lot of extra cash for a theme and some skins. I'm not crazy about the soundtrack or the original PS1 Warhawk.

Posted on May 6, 2012 11:40:11 AM PDT
C. Fountain says:
Im still disappointed we got nothing at all for preordering thru Amazon.

Posted on May 6, 2012 8:54:51 PM PDT
kelo360 says:
I ended up canceling my GameStop pre-order. I'm going to go to Target with the Fry's ad for a price match. Frys is selling for 49.99. Hopefully Target will also honor their gift card deal so I'll get a 9 dollar GC net after grabbing a Black Ops card.

Posted on May 7, 2012 8:56:49 AM PDT
L. Freese says:
@ Fountain dont be to disappointed. I never got my free PSN game "Bonus" attached to Gran Tursimo 5 XL....
Amazon is not always the best place to shop I have found out and now am convinced at what others have said to me.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2012 8:44:02 AM PDT
D. Carbone says:
Oh but we are... We're getting it late. :(

Posted on May 8, 2012 11:19:42 AM PDT
kelo360 says:
Never buying at Target again. Went to price match Frys 49.99 on Warhawk and tried to get the Black Ops 2 10 gift card bonus as well. It turns out Frys had it for 49.96 - 3 cents less than the target specified 49.99 cut off. Not only did she not give me the GC she also laughed saying too bad only 3 cents and you could've got 10 more off. Not cool to laugh at a CAG! Lol.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  PS3 Starhawk forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Feb 8, 2012
Latest post:  May 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PS3 Starhawk
PS3 Starhawk by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.1 out of 5 stars (168)