Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Dead Space 2 forum

Gamestop or Here

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2011 7:25:56 AM PST
Roland says:
I normally dont like to buy from gamestop but im a sucker for the free stuff it comes with. If you dont know gamestop gets a (according to the site) pistol with a fire rate equal to however fast you can pull the trigger. I had no intention of getting it here but then i saw the hacker suit... that thing looks bad a**... which do you prefer (im not asking where you are getting it, just which deal you would choose).

Posted on Jan 12, 2011 11:17:13 AM PST
Mr. Hyde says:
Amazon, in my opinion. Gamestop needs to die, major rip-off store.

Posted on Jan 13, 2011 2:20:04 PM PST
C. Weidner says:
I would normally say Amazon, but this time it's Gamestop. I'm pretty sure the Hacker Suit, which does look cool, can be unlocked by playing Dead Space Ignition, the choose your own adventure puzzle game prequel to Dead Space 2. And if you preorder at Gamestop you get Ignition and the exclusive gun.

(Plus I have a Gamestop gift card)

Posted on Jan 16, 2011 2:10:53 PM PST
Ben L. says:
It's not only $2 less on Amazon, but there is no tax (at least for me in Colorado). It would cost me $6.44 more by going to Gamestop, so I would pick Amazon.

I'm not getting it anyway unless Amazon offers a promotional credit. This game will likely last me only a few days.... not enough to pay (nearly) full price for.

Posted on Jan 18, 2011 10:02:52 AM PST
I normally buy local, but I pre-ordered from Amazon to save a few bucks. Plus I will still get it the same day.

Posted on Jan 18, 2011 6:16:01 PM PST
I love amazon but went with the gamestop preorder to get the gun.

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 1:17:21 AM PST
nufrequency says:
Here ! I don't feel like paying almost $5 extra tax plus people @ gamestop are annoying with their future pre order questions grrrr, also I totally don't care about digital bonuses or unlocks

Posted on Jan 19, 2011 5:16:18 AM PST
Thrak360 says:
Pre-ordered at Best Buy. If you are registered in their gamers club, you get $10 worth of reward points.

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 11:52:24 PM PST
twztid13 says:
the hacker suit has nothing to do with amazon. it's unlocked by playing dead space ignition on XBLA/PSN. you can get it as a preorder bonus free, or buy it for 400 msp/5$ on XBL/PSN. personally i like amazon better.

even w/ mortal kombat where i get screwed by getting reptile's classic fatality & gamestop has scorpion's. don't even get me started on these fatalities being ripped out of the game & being dangled as preorder bait; then, the publishers will complain about gamestop & used game sales when they ENCOURAGE gamers to shop there by giving gamestop the best preorder bonuses. okay, i'm done. sorry.

Posted on Jan 21, 2011 3:21:23 PM PST
would anyone be willing to give me the code for armor in Dragon Age 2 that you get inside new copies of Dead Space 2 if you wont be purchasing Dragon Age 2?

Posted on Jan 24, 2011 5:51:48 AM PST
M. Myers says:
@camomile reviewer
"I love amazon but went with the gamestop preorder to get the gun."

Wow, Gamestop ripped you off. You get the gun for free if you have any kind of Dead Space 1 save file, you dont need a 'promotional code.' Plus preordering on Amazon netted me the Dead Space: Ignition arcade game and some other goodies.

Posted on Jan 24, 2011 11:39:02 AM PST
Shiori HD says:
@M. Myers
No you get the the plasma cutter from the first game if you have a dead space 1 save file. And gamestop gives you the rivet gun.

Posted on Jan 24, 2011 2:19:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 24, 2011 2:50:24 PM PST
Amazon... its a given... Always Amazon! They normally have the best deals, it would be cool if they had a price match thing... Then I would always shop Amazon!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2011 5:40:07 AM PST
M. Myers says:
@Shiori HD

I stand corrected, didn't know about the other gun. Plasma Cutter is all I need, went through the entire first game using it 95% of the time.

Posted on Jan 25, 2011 5:57:21 AM PST
Jayden says:
I prefer Amazon. The price of the game was $5 off and for $1 it will be delivered to my doorstep on release date. This is compared to paying full price plus tax plus plus driving to pick it up if it was at GameStop. The promo DLC didn't really matter to me because I figure I can unlock eventually during gameplay (maybe, if not, oh well).

Posted on Jan 25, 2011 6:46:44 AM PST
UPS says it's on it's way here today :)

Posted on Jan 26, 2011 11:03:36 AM PST
Gamestop is offering 20% off a used game if you buy Dead Space 2 there.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Dead Space 2 forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Jan 12, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 2 by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars (314)