|Price:||$9.73 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$0.26 (3%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Ages 8 and up
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Top Customer Reviews
I originally bought this to play with my nephew (age 9 when I purchased it) on rainy days. However, I think I as an adult enjoyed it more than he did! I chalk this up to the fact that I had to help him throughout the game (and this kid is very smart) because of all the varied rules.
Which brings me to my only complaint, it's almost like they have packed way too much into one card game. There are 3 ways to build one pile, only 1 way to build the other pile, you can play different cards to have different effects, and you have to collect the right cards to make your potion, etc. The game could have been just as much fun with a few less things and in a few places the rules a bit more detailed.
I recommend the game for kids 10+ not the 8+ as stated on the box.
So, I have come back to purchase a new deck for this upcoming year. To any educators who might be reading this, it makes a great addition to the intermediate classroom for those few minutes of downtime, and because of the math and bit of strategy involved, you don't feel guilty about it at all. Plus, it is something different and for the teacher, inexpensive as far as games go.
Which it isn't a BAD game by any means... it's fairly fun... but...
- The theme is more of a "witch"/Halloween theme than fairy tale. There is a fair maiden and prince card, but more bats, mice, and other witchy ingredients.
- The biggest complaint from the kids is "I wish you could cast spells" or "I wish the ingredients did something". Which they don't... you can't cast a spell on another player for points. Once you get the ingredients together and complete the spell, the ingredients go into your useless ingredient pile and the actual spell card into your personal power pile. There are no extra points awarded for completing spells, other than the one point for the power card.
- There are only 15 power cards, and since that's the bread and butter of your scoring, it doesn't allow for a very balanced game. You collect tons of ingredient cards which do little to your score (and absolutely nothing unless you have the biggest ingredient pile in the first place.) One person can end up with all the spell cards... or the majority of them might come out at the end of the game and none of them are completed. It just seems really unbalanced. If the power cards all come out too early, there's a decisive winner sometimes halfway before the game is even done!
- There is only one card that allows you to steal another power card - the almighty Black Cat. But it's not enough.Read more ›
It is fast paced, and challenging with just enough magic!
Sadly, I left the game at a friends house, and she wont give it back, as her family now insists it is thier favorite....so I must replace it to keep peace in my family!
Who would have guessed that an accidental find would turn out to be such a big hit!!!!
This is a must for Halloween fun!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Owned and played this game as a child with my family. I absolutely loved playing it growing up and although the dynamics are relatively simple, who doesn't love making a spell or... Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
Instructions were too complicated for my 7 year old grandson to figure out.Published 29 days ago by Alicia Littman Lazansky
We've had this game for 7 months and while my husband and I enjoy playing table top games we could not figure out how to play. It's been in the box ever since.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
This has been a family favorite this past year. It was a little difficult to understand and get going with it, but once we did we loved it. Read morePublished 3 months ago by S. Harris
The directions are very hard to follow, but once you get it, the game is very fun. I highly recommend the publisher re-do the instructions and perhaps do a video to explain... Read morePublished 5 months ago by N. Keller
Fun game but took some time for my 6 year old to get the hang of it. Beautifully illustrated cards.Published 6 months ago by Szkent