5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly fun
Santa brought this for my nearly 7 year old daugther, and it was her favourite toy, and you know how kids can be drowned in toys at Xmas. Her 4 year old brother is still to young to play it, but he likes to play on mom's "team" and play all the "good cards" out of mom's hand. It is great for a family that has little prince and princesses in their house. Mom enjoys the...
Published on January 29, 2006 by Patty

3.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping Queens
This is one of the funnest card games - we are hooked! It seems that every time we have a moment it is playing sleeping queens. The only problem we have found is that in playing with more than 3 people it ends up that no one can win and still play by the rules of the game. There needed to be more cards - 3 or 2 people playing it works great - add more than 3 and you...
Published on January 18, 2007 by S. Phillips

‹ Previous | 119 20 2145 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the whole family., February 22, 2014
This review is from: Sleeping Queens (Toy)
This is a really fun and cute game that's easy to learn and play. I play it with my two daughters, ages 7 and 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game with some sneaky learning involved, February 20, 2014
Barrett Buss "Barrett" (Suburban Chicago, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleeping Queens (Toy)
OK, first off - choking hazard? It's a deck of cards. If you child can choke on a playing card he's way more creative than my kids.

This is a great family game. The mechanics are simple - wake the queens, accumulate points, but the sneaky math elements are what make it so good for kids. You can discard two 5's or one 5, a 3 and a 2 (since 3+2=?) to get more chances to pull power cards.

Strategy is pretty simple, but in a three or four player game could get interesting. Highly recommended. Just don't choke on the cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Sleeping Queens (Toy)
My five yeard absolutely loves this game. He's taught a family friend and his grandpa how to play this game as well. Yes, there are a couple of rules involved but our son had the game mastered by the second round. I like the addition of the math component which combines fun and math.

5.0 out of 5 stars super fun for kids!, February 18, 2014
Jeff DeArment (Atlantic, IA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleeping Queens (Toy)
we are avid gamers and buy our kids nerd games all the time. we have a vast collection, and none of them can be bought at the local big box store. our favorites are viva topo, giro galoppo, and the magic labrynth. sleeping queens is really high up on our favorite kid games list, mostly because our kids LOVE this one. it has some interesting decisions, but mostly it is adorable, plays quickly, and has lots of "take that!" in it. the theme is so cute I could just die! the artwork is exceptional. game play is fast. even some of our adults have enjoyed playing this as a quick filler. definitely more fun to play with a kid. we play this one almost daily!

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this game!, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Sleeping Queens (Toy)
We love this game! My 5 year old can play it; my 9 year old loves it; even the adults enjoy playing it. The cards are good quality & have cute, creative pictures. It's definitely one I'd recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick gift for a broken arm!, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Sleeping Queens (Toy)
The child I sent it to and her five siblings never tire playing the game. It's a favorite. Love the convenience of ordering on line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game, February 8, 2014
This review is from: Sleeping Queens (Toy)
On a beach trip with our nieces we were looking for something everyone could play and this fit the bill for girls of various young ages and adults. Everyone caught on quickly and the rounds can be swift or long and bring a little friendly challenge between players. The art on the cards is lovely as well. I would recommend this to anyone with girls under the age of 12.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome game for the whole family!!!!, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Sleeping Queens (Toy)
This game is awesome!! My 18 year old and 5 year old love it. The first day we received it we played it 8x in a row before bed. The next day we continued to play another 5x before it was time to go to school and again after school. I took a break from it to write this review and both my girls told me to give it 5 stars. It is a fun game for the whole family to play!

4.0 out of 5 stars Imagination in a fun card game, January 29, 2014
This review is from: Sleeping Queens (Toy)
This is a fun card game with an imaginative back story. You need to wake queens to win...but you need to watch out for Knights and potions that could take your queens away. There is a mix of luck and strategy. Some games are a handful of turns long and some go on for many. It is fun with 2 players. Games are a little too quick with 4 players, but still fun. Game is probably best with 3 players as the jester card is most fun and the rest of the cards seem to be spread the right amount.

It is cool how you can trade in cards too; pairs and addition. Nice rule.

Kids love it, grown ups love it and we can all play together. It is fun if you get into the story...ex. you walk your knight card over to steal a queen to see if a dragon will come out of the players hand. Sound effects are recommended!

Cards pretty, but a little cheap. We have played a little bit and the cards color on the edges are peeling back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best card game!, January 26, 2014
IndyMom (Indianapolis) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleeping Queens (Toy)
My 9 and 7 year olds love this game. And it's a game that they don't fight when playing! And my husband and I love playing it with them too. This game is perfect for any kid 6 and older.

‹ Previous | 119 20 2145 | Next ›