Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on April 28, 2013
Dweebies is a game from the makers Game Wright, who originated from a family in Massachusetts. We have many Game Wright games including Rat-a-Tat Cat, Sleeping Queens, Zeus and the Loose, Granny's Apples, Wig Out, Moose in House, Chomp. Like these other games, Dweebies has superior graphics design, with very cute characters that have their own endearing accessories, funky colors, and a range of facial expressions that can be knowing, mischievous, aghast, embarrassed. That is to say, they are full of personality.

Unlike the other Game Wright games, I did not find this game to involve much strategy. It is mainly a game of positioning matching cards on the ends of a string of cards, to collect as many cards as possible. That's it. Of course, there is some minor strategy of blocking other players, but because the play is in two dimensions (only vertical and horizontal), there isn't much suspense.

The game is excellent for pattern recognition, especially for kids who are not yet reading or who cannot process complex rules. The educational value for older kids (kids older than 10, let's say) is not as high as other Game Wright games. It is also not as fast-paced and does not involve as much adrenaline as Wig Out or Chomp. Therefore we find ourselves playing it much less.
on September 12, 2010
My own teenage (13, 15 yr old) kids love to play this! There is reasoning involved, thinking ahead, and strategizing involved. Plus it's funny, and enjoyable for adults to play with kids.
on October 2, 2014
My family really loves to play this game. It is easy enough that my son learned how to play at age 4, and there is the possibility of enough strategy that it keeps adults interested. We take this game on all our family vacations now because all you need is a little bit of flat-ish space. We've played on hotel beds, on picnic blankets, on camping tables, etc. If you are looking for a great new family game, give this one a try.
VINE VOICEon August 27, 2015
We love games in our house so I am always on the lookout for another fun game. We have grabbed this one out of the cabinet three times since our recent purchase. It says you can play with as little as two people but it is more fun to play with 3 or more. Games last less than five minutes.It is fast paced and will have you giggling looking at all the Dweebies. There is information in the box on how you can submit your own dweebie design for future editions. I can't say there is a special skill your kids will improve by playing this game except how to have fun and take turns. Super easy fun game you should add to your game collection.
on January 2, 2016
This is a fun game and the Dweebies are adorable. The age range on the box says 8 years and up, however younger kids can definitely play and enjoy this one - although they might not be able to strategize as well. It's very simple to learn and play, though.
on December 22, 2015
Fan game for the family. Easy to learn. Cute to look at. I bought 1 set for our family and 1 as a gift. Kids love it but take the advice from me & others and get 2 decks. You'll enjoy the game much better.
on April 11, 2014
My boys love playing this game. My son, age 4, even can play. Making a pair and taking a row in the game is, what they call, a Dweebie Sandwich. Can you make the longest Dweebie Sandwich?!
on June 12, 2015
Cute game and, even though it's geared more towards kids, I still had a great time playing with my teenagers. The game tin was smaller than I expected but it's easily transported in a purse or tote bag. The characters on the cards are really cute and it makes you think strategically for card placement.
on April 7, 2015
Dweebies is a short and portable game that can be used a time "filler." The mechanics of the game is simple enough for anyone to learn and the cute artwork of the little monsters (Dweebies) are also what makes it fun. Small in size, it's perfect to transport for camping trips and also to keep kids busy in hotel rooms when they get up early at the crack of dawn.
on July 13, 2014
The illustrations are fun and the rules are easy to understand. My kids were playing it on the floor because you sometimes need a lot of room to line up the cards. However after a few games over the course of 3/4 months, i have not seen them play again. They were 5 and 9.