CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Contains rules of play and rules in Spanish
- Also contains 77 cards
- Playing time is about 15 minutes
- For 2 to 5 players
- Ages 6 and up
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
•Contains rules of play and rules in Spanish
•Also contains 77 cards
•Playing time is about 15 minutes
•For 2 to 5 players
•Ages 6 and up
Recommended Ages:6 – 15
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Here are my issues with the game:
-The luck of the draw can make this game end after only a couple of rounds. That is kind of no fun as you have to shuffle two decks... and the game feels like it was over before it began.
-There is a random sea monster that you can only pass to an opponent when you draw a card that says to pass. There is no way to defend against it or set it down. It diminishes your total points if you hold it at the end and reduces the # of playable cards you can play with as it sits there in your hand. Why? It Could be omitted.
- once face cards are played out kids wind up playing a version of "go fish" to match their beach ball, umbrella, etc. cards. Why? Why not just play the mindless go-fish? (and do away with a pointless sea monster!)
- While my kids like it, they don't love it. After only a few times playing they will exchange it for another. Sleeping Queens & Rat-a-tat-cat, however can keep them going for a loooong time.
- If you are at the beach or having a beach-themed even they are cute, but not my first choice as there are many other just awesome Gamewright games out there!
The game is sort of a combination of old maid and go fish, but has its own twists.
It goes pretty fast, so it's easy to sit down and play a quick game without a huge time commitment.
It's also really cool that it was created by an 8 year old!
We're very happy with our purchase, and would highly recommend this game to families.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great game for little ones. My seven-year-old daughter and her friends really enjoy it.Published 19 months ago by Alexandra A,
It seems like there is too much going on here, and no real strategy. Sometimes the game lasts 3 rounds, sometimes we get stuck in endless loops. Read morePublished on March 29, 2014 by Sabrina G. Hand
We play a lot of games with our 5 year old and this (along with other Gamewright games) is one of our favorites.Published on February 25, 2014 by Erik N.
I play this game with my granddaughter and we both enjoy it. A good game to take along on a trip.Published on January 30, 2014 by audNJ
From rat a tat cat to Sleeping Queens to Mermaid Beach, Gamewright always makes games that are fun and challenging.Published on September 15, 2013 by Anita Rodriguez
This game is cute and fun with even my youngest kids (age 4). There are a couple of loopholes in the instructions, but you can massage those on your own.Published on July 18, 2013 by Mimimama
Lots of fun and makes great rest time at beach when out of the water. Card games great for all ages and family times,Published on February 26, 2013 by Patti Wherley
Received as a gift and the kids love it. Takes a few times of play to remember all the rules but once you get the hang it is fast and fun. Read morePublished on January 27, 2013 by Lauren