5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hit by Gamewright
Published 20 months ago by Cuckoomamma

3.0 out of 5 stars Alternate suggestions for play
Uhhhh I don't understand the high ratings... it's a great game for ten year olds, but the most fun I had with these was strategizing how to make them more fun for adults. We settled on this procedure:

(instructions for a group of 4 players)
1. One person rolls the dice.
2. This person, and the person to their left, both close their eyes while the...
Published 8 months ago by Anachronistica

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Hit by Gamewright, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages (Toy)
We own the other versions of Rory's Cubes, so I hesitated at purchasing yet another set. However, now that we have them, I'm glad that I did. This set of cubes can be used alone or with the other sets. The box is about as big as your palm, so it's extremely portable. My daughters (11.5 and 7.5) keep them in their dance bag and pull them out to use with their friends between dance classes. There's always a crowd of kids around the cubes, and they range in age from 6-18. I love that my 7.5 year old will pull these out and play with them by herself.

We homeschool so I had originally purchased the other sets as creative writing prompts. However, while they certainly work that way, my girls have used them much more just to make up stories on their own. We have other Gamewright games, and I really appreciate that their toys combine so much fun with learning. As homeschoolers, I look to pack eduction into all that we do.

While some of the pictures on the dice are very straight-forward in their interpretation, it's been interesting to see how different kids interpret other pictures. While our girls don't play lots of computer/video games, I've still been very pleasantly surprised at just how much of a hit such a simple game has been. You won't regret this purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift for a 5 yr old, January 9, 2013
Michelle N. (Bay Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages (Toy)
My nephew plays with electronic toys entirely too much in my opinion. Mom's iphone is the toy he prefers the most. So I thought I'd get him something simple. He has a great imagination and he loves to tell stories so I figured this is right up his alley. It's one of the smallest presents he got for Christmas (amongst large lego sets, Star Wars toys, etc) And this game was the one he was the most excited to play with. That's saying a lot. I told my BIL and Sister that it'd be great for them when they travel by car long distances because it doesn't require batteries and they can all play it together. I'm not sure how much he's playing with it now, when I see him, he still talks about it. Good purchase ^_^

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tool, not much of a toy!, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages (Toy)
Received my cubes. These are better than the other two sets! The symbols etched on the dice are more imaginative than before and they will spark your imagination more as well. I paid premium for the dice...the recent price drop is nice and wish I had known it would drop 30% over a couple days. Get them at the current price. Keep one thing in mind: these dice work best as a language learning tool or in creative writing classes. There are a lot of toys online that are a lot more fun that will still spark the imaginations of children. For the cost, however, these are worth purchasing! The other two sets are not really needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages (Toy)
This was purchased for a six year old boy and the entire family had fun creating stories and laughing at the twists and turns of the story teller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Games, December 18, 2012
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages (Toy)
These are great, small compact great for travel, and a good way to kids to use there brains and story telling skills, They were on sale and I purchased 3 of them for the grand kids as Christmas stocking stuffers

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Simple, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages (Toy)
Definitely a fun set of dice. I like the original story cubes the best so far... that is the only reason to make it 4 and not 5 stars. The images on these are pretty cool though and definitely add to the fun of improvised narrative.

4.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loves These, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages (Toy)
Some of the pictures on the dice are tough to figure out, but we make things up. We've got all the sets of the story cubes and sometimes use them together. They are GREAT to take on vacation - portable, and kids of all ages play with them. On a ski trip recently, we used these and had three generations involved. The best stories were told by the least creative among us. Well worth the money and great to get kids (and adults) to stretch their imaginations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages (Toy)
the cubes are wonderful in the car or for when ever you have a little down time. We purchased all three types and enjoy mixing them together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice storytelling tool, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages (Toy)
i find it is a very handy tool to create stories with the whole familly or just by yourself. nice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the classroom., December 30, 2012
This review is from: Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages (Toy)
If you teach language arts, Rory's story cubes are a must. Story telling goes hand in hand with writing stories, and this product is a great fit.

Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages