Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Scallywags
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

91%

on September 12, 2012
We're a boardgaming geek family of five (39,39,7,6,4), constantly on the lookout for games for the whole family.

Our kids really love this game. Who wouldn't love a pile of gold on the table to grab? It's simple enough in the card assortment for the kids to know what each card does within two or three plays. Our 4 year old doesn't completely get the strategy of points, but certainly likes stealing and giving coins via the cards

On the adult side, it feels as if a card or two needs to be added to the game. The variation in options seems a little skewed at times. But we still enjoy the game with them. I think we need to buy and add some bandanas to our set though, so everyone can where pirate bandanas while playing! get yer hands off me gold!
on September 8, 2012
I bought this because of the awards that the game has won and because other games from this company have generally been well received. It was also a good balance for the family considering that I have kids between 5 and 12. We spent about 90 minutes going through four or five games, and all of us enjoyed it, especially when the kids started to understand the nuances of how the cards work and how you can strategize with whatever cards you have.

The rule that whoever has the funniest pirate joke starts first is a bit cheesy and we gladly skipped that; but the kids were very enthusiastic when I ask afterward if they enjoyed it. The gamble with buying this game paid off for us.
on January 5, 2013
Fun Quick game... great to play with the kids. It's a kind of card play version of the dreidel game or LCR in a way. You play cards to draw coins (face up or face down) or steal them from other players. It a light game but still fun.
on July 18, 2014
This is a fun game but not appropriate for pre-readers. Each coin has a different use and, until you have played the game enough to memorize all the different choices, you have to read the coin to see how to use it. Our four year old granddaughter loves the theme and the coins. She gets the concept but we have to have a grownup on her team to read for her. I would also say that some of the purposes of the coins are kind of redundant so it's not the best game but the coins really make it fun for the kids.
on August 23, 2013
Great theme, quality components. This is a fun, quick family game. There is some backstabbing, so make sure your kids can handle a game with player versus player interaction. We have played this quite a few times and my son (13) asks to play this game quite regularly.
on October 17, 2014
When I was a child my parents always gave me books for Christmas and my birthday and I also received games. I remember the year I received Go For Broke and my sister received Careers . . . we played with those over and over again! Games make wonderful gifts, so I'm very happy to share with you a few fun games which you could give to the children - or adults on your gift list!

Dodge Dice
Manufacturer - Gamewright
Ages - 8+
2-6 players

Favorite Features -
Fun game which helps children learn about the principles of probability and risk
Reinforces Probability, Math and Visual Discrimination
Fun and challenging game for the family to enjoy together!
Gamewright says; "In this fast-moving dice game, there's one simple goal - dodge the penalty points. Roll the dice and try not to have them match the color of the penalty die. Use your skip chips to pass a turn, but spend them wisely or else you might get hit with big points! End the game with the lowest score and escape with a win!"

Dodge Dice is a game your entire family can play and enjoy together! Easy to set up and a game which does not take hours to play; Dodge Dice will give families the opportunity to play - and learn - together while having fun! I personally love games you play with die, so Dodge Dice caught my attention when I saw the new games from Gamewright. I'm very happy they sent it for review in exchange for me writing my own opinions.

Pyramix
Manufacturer - Gamewright
Ages - 8+
2-4 players

Favorite Features -
Fun game which encourages strategy and thinking . . . not a game you rush through, but one which will definitely be fun!
A game which children could actually play by themselves, so if your family has quiet times with no on-line games for your children, this could be a fun option!
Gamewright says; "Pull apart the pyramid! In this simple yet elegant strategy game, take turns removing one cube at a time from the pyramid stack. As cubes come out, others will slide down towards the base. Plan your moves carefully as the bottom-most cubes are worth big points at the end. And watch out for cobras that may drop in and take a bite out of your score!"

I personally love strategy games, so Pyramix is a game for those of us who are just young at heart! Strategy games are great for children as they help them develop skills they will use throughout their lives and they are great for people like me with MS as they help keep our brains functioning the way they should, so definitely take a look at Pyramix as you work out your gift list for this Christmas!

Scallywags
Manufacturere - Gamewright
Ages 8+
2-6 players

Favorite Features -
Simple card game filled with fun!
Encourages deductive skills, math and visual discrimination
Fun for the family!
Gamewright says; "Avast, me hearties! Yer band o' buccaneers just hauled in a bounty o' booty and now it be time to divvy up! Spill out the gold and then play cards to claim valuable coins or give the dregs to yer no good opponents. Grab yer fair share, but don't get too greedy pirate, or else ye may end up taking quarters in Davy Jones's Locker! We're not sure if Scallywags was created on International Talk Like a Pirate Day (September 19th, for those unaware) but it certainly is the perfect game to play during it! With the variety of familiar pirate sayings on the cards, you'll be yammerin' like a professional hornswaggler before you know it! Beyond the fun phrases, you'll also bone up on some key pirate skills like sneaking, bluffing, and swapping. You'll even learn some elementary strategy while you're at it as well!"

My grandsons are not yet eight (just six and three), but they played this with their dad and Josiah loved it . . . he beat his dad! If you have little "pirates" in your family, this is a game they are going to love! I love all the fun, "pirate talk" . . . this game will have your family laughing and enjoying their time together while children learn at the same time!
on April 12, 2013
Our 8 year old grandson received this game for Christmas & it was such a hit, that a 5 year old wanted one also. We purchased it for his birthday. Their grandfather has built the grandson's a "Pirate" tree house so the gold coins were a natural draw as well as playing the game. Another family member had also purchased the game for this birthday boy so, since ours didn't arrive in time, we have kept it so they can play it when at our house.
on January 2, 2014
I know the man who invented this game. So I already know it will be a great game for kids and adults.
on August 20, 2012
I was at GenCon 2012 and played this game with the designer. I very fun game that was quick to learn. Trying to find good quality games for ages 5, 7, 10 is difficult but I think all three will have fun with this one. I was impressed to see the coins were good plastic (not cardboard) and the cards are very durable. Can't wait to get my official copy.
on May 17, 2015