What do Foursquare, Nike, and Groupon have in common? These websites and many others use game mechanics and game design to deliver a sticky, viral, and satisfying experience to their customers. This book provides the design strategy and tactics you need to integrate gamification into any kind of consumer-facing website, new or existing, with design patterns, meaningful code samples, and in-depth chapters on major gamification APIs.
With hundreds of technical and process options to choose from, implementing game mechanics can be complicated. Gamification by Design clarifies the possibilities and offers a series of steps for developers, producers, and product managers who want their websites to deliver powerful consumer engagement and enjoy viral growth.
- Understand the true power of games and how they work with your business
- Choose the right games for your site, and learn game types by business model
- Learn the advantages of building a standalone games channel
- Know the rules for gamification design and learn some common devices
- Discover what it takes to implement gamification