Samsung UN46C8000 46-Inch 1080p 3D 240 Hz LED HDTV (2010 Model)
Used & New from: $520.27
Gaming and lag on Samsung UN46C8000 Has anyone used the Samsung UN46C8000 for gaming? The Samsungs are notorious for lag because of all the video processing. They're great for movies, but playing timing games such as Guitar Hero or Rock Band is challenging. I own a Samsung and Sharp AQUOS LCD and even with "Game Mode" enabled on the Samsung and the games calibrated, game play is a little "off" compared to the Sharp AQUOS.

EDIT: Here's a good write up on gaming lag: http://www.hypercombofinish.com/post.php?id=90
[UPDATED] asked by Code4Toys on June 16, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
I know you can calibrate using the game, but even after calibrating playing songs at expert difficulty is still a off. Playing with a Vizio or Sharp there are no issues. How can it not be an issue with the Samsung TV when I hook it up to a Sharp AQUOS and I don't have to calibrate it? It's the Samsung with all it's Smooth Motion video processing.
Code4Toys answered on July 2, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Both Guitar Hero and Rock Band can be calibrated to get rid of the lag. Its not really an issue with the TV, you just have to calibrate those games with your TV and speaker systems. I have a 3 year old Samsung 46" LCD TV and these games work fine for me. The calibration settings should be in the main menu.
Rohan answered on July 2, 2010
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Jan 31, 2011 1:50:56 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product