5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a brainwave CD that actually works!
I meditated for a number of years but I just wasn't very good at it. I tried everything -- expensive brain wave CDs from Centerpointe; I even tried making my own. Nothing seemed to make it even the slightest bit easier to meditate. So after years of meditating, I just gave up.

Published on January 13, 2007 by Andrew Wilcox

3.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting more.
Published on June 26, 2008 by Roldan00

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a brainwave CD that actually works!, January 13, 2007
This review is from: Gamma Meditation System (Audio CD)

I found out, however, that even if you're no good at meditating, it still provides some benefits. So I decided to start doing it again. I went to my local book store to get some CDs of just nature-sounds to listen to, and I saw this CD. It wasn't that expensive (even at full retail), so I picked it up too.

I don't give out praise lightly, but I was blown away by this CD. It helps me in three ways:

1. The amibient music on the CD helps to get me in the right state of mind.
2. Where the CD shines is that it really, really helps me to get "locked-in" to a single minded state.
3. When I get distracted, it makes it so much easier to get back into a single minded state.

The quality of my meditative experience is now much better than it was in the past. I can really see this in my life outside of meditation. I am much happer, more even keeled, more ... at one with the Tao, if you will.

This is my experience. Your mileage my vary, but this CD is so inexpensive that, in my opinion, it's worth a try even if it doesn't end up working for you.

iTunes users: by default, iTunes will compress CDs when you import them. Normally this is not a big deal, but I personally worry that this might damage the quality of this kind of CD. In order to avoid this, before importing this CD into iTunes, in the iTunes menu go to Preferences > Advanced > Importing and change "Import Using" to "Apple Lossless Encoder". You should also check to make sure that your iPod supports this kind of encoding (most do, but the new Shuffle, for example, doesn't).

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful And Transformative, November 19, 2006
This review is from: Gamma Meditation System (Audio CD)
A few weeks ago I ordered the Gamma Meditation System CD and I have to say it's one of the most powerful and transformative psychoacoustic CDs I have recently listen to and I have listened to pretty much everything that's currently available. The CD is Gamma at 40 Hz which, according to Dr. Jeffrey D. Thompson: "Early evidence of the 40 Hz EEG brain activity from the Neuroscience Unit at the University of Birmingham, has shown these frequencies to be associated with higher levels of brain organization "binding" information from all the senses together for a higher-level awareness of unity of the objects of our perception. Gamma rhythms also seem to be associated exclusively with higher mental activity, including perception and consciousness since Gamma activity disappears with general anesthesia. There is also evidence that Gamma frequencies appearing in different areas of the cortex synchronize themselves together in a more holographic manner during these extraordinary states of consciousness associated with "Shamanic" and "Mystical" experience." The soundtrack is very ambient and atmospheric so it's perfect for deep meditation and exploring higher consciousness. I highly recommend this CD and the Gamma Meditation System 2.0 as well. (It's Hypergamma at 100 Hz which is also associated with extraordinary states of consciousness.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Excellent Product by Dr. Thompson, May 27, 2007
This review is from: Gamma Meditation System (Audio CD)
Many companies offer products that purport to have you meditating like a zen monk within minutes using various kinds of entrainment technologies. Sometimes their products cost well into the hundreds of dollars. Total rip offs, in my opinion.

In contrast, I've found the products created by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson to be amazingly effective as well as reasonably priced. As of this review, the cost of this program is $14.98. Compare this with products from Centerpointe, the Monroe Institute, the makers of Perfect Meditation, or the makers of the "Insight" CDs. You generally get one CD for $40 or more (in the case of Centerpointe it's an arm and a leg and junk mail for the rest of your life). The technologies used on those other CDs, in my opinion, are inferior to those used by Dr. Thompson. As far as I can tell, practically *every sound* you hear on Dr. Thompson's Cds is there for a reason and has been processed to produce psycho-acoustic effects.

The Gamma Meditation System comprises two CDs with two tracks on each, for a total of four different meditation sessions, each session lasting roughly 30 minutes. They contain the following:

CD1, track 1: Inner Mind - a Gamma Meditation designed to "help you connect with your inner world."

CD1, track 2: Outer World - a Gamma Meditation designed to help create feelings of love and compassion for others.

CD2, track 1: Centered Presence - a Hyper-Gamma meditation designed to "heighten experience" and "bring more meaningful awareness to activities."

CD2, track 2: Connecting to the Infinite - a Hyper-Gamma meditation designed to bring forth a greater perspective in which one can connect with the universe and draw upon one's innate inspiration and wisdom.

According to the accompanying manuals, Gamma waves are associated with states of expanded consciousness and greater synthesis of sensory information. Hyper-Gamma waves offer deep insight and inspiration, intuitive enhancement, and profound, ecstatic states of meditation.

Personally, I have found the claims associated with many products of this kind to be hyperbole. These products are good for deepening meditation and providing more profound states more easily, and they do deliver that. The first time I listened to the last track on the second CD, for instance, I found myself feeling blissful and practically unable to move my body. Whether or not you experience profound changes or experiences from using these products, however, is largely up to you and how you use them. The booklets provided offer good advice in this regard.

Years ago, I bought my first CD by Dr. Thompson, the Egg of Time. I was very impressed by the quality of the tracks and the intense feelings and mental states they created. Since then, I have never been disappointed by any product of his.

I highly recommend these CDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamma Gamma Hey!!, December 17, 2006
Darv Krizton (Maui, Hawaii, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gamma Meditation System (Audio CD)
This new one features a Gamma range

brainwave pulse rate as measured in actual Tibetan

buddhist monks as they meditate on compassion.

The Doctor also is using what he terms a Non-Linear

musical style which basically means non-narrative

or, rather, fully Ambient. This means there is no

melody line or sequence of audio events, but rather

two half hour continuum pieces providing environs

much like Robert Rich's recent Somnium or Echo Of

Small Things which hearken back to Brian Eno's

classic Ambient work, Ambient 3: On Land. This disc

provides a similar comfortable afternoon in the

woods experience.

In the liner notes, Thompson indicates that the

GAMMA brainwave range (30-85hz) is a general

category now accepted by most researchers of the

phenomena. As an occultist and shaman, i have been

aware of vibratory states even faster than this,

but it is good to see the knowledge base expanding.

This idea might not mean much to the average person

but let me put it like this: if you had a pair of

drumsticks, you could learn to produce a steady

beat rate of ten hits per second (10hz) with some

accuracy, double this to 20hz and it is a feat

requiring familiarity with doing drum rolls. probably

pushing the envelope if possible at all. 40 drum beats

per second i doubt is humanly possible. that is fast!

i could perceive in the music that the Doctor has

stacked the beats to help the listener ramp up to the

much faster Gamma rate. i recognized this window

frequency from previous meditation and psychedelic

experiences and am inclined to indicate it as one of the

frequency rates of divine or paradisical awareness, making

this recording a great learning device for anyone

interested in learning the headspaces therein:

Track One is titled, "Inner Mind," which is designed

to help you learn a neurological phenomenon which

is associated with this pulse rate and is called

"Binding" (essentially, the phenomenon in which one's

mind integrates all in-coming sensory information to

create a singular impression of wholeness.)

Track Two is titled, "Outer World," and is replication

of the measured vibratory state of Tibetan monks

meditating on "loving compassion."

During this track, i experienced healing fugues and

found it facilitated my connecting with the Reiki

energies by perhaps a factor of ten. Afterwards, i

felt much mentally clearer and as if i had processed a

lot of unconscious material that had been waiting to be

cleared out. I would say that the overall vibe is in

the 10hz or mid-alpha range, one doesn't zone out as

happens with theta recordings, yet there are higher

faster vibratory rates that are achievable as one

becomes increasingly still.

I HIGHLY recommend this to sound meditators and to

people in the healing arts. Let me explain again that

these are two half-hour drone environments supported

by processed nature and space sounds with interesting

sonic twirlies and curliques that provide interest as

time goes on, but there is no piano or melody or story.

Frankly, this is the kind of music by The Doctor that

i prefer. The more strictly Ambient he gets, the more

i love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, September 21, 2007
This review is from: Gamma Meditation System (Audio CD)
I have purchased Dr Thompson's Gamma Meditation months back but have refrained from writing a review until I used the CD fairly frequently. I think it's pretty amazing the impact that it has on the brain. It's almost as if you can feel it making new neuronal pathways. There is some physical stimulation felt in the brain from listening to this, almost as if the brain is being "calibrated". I feel much less stressed after taking time out each day to listen and it really seems overall that it has made a very positive change in my life. Although I do use it in conjunction with other meditation techniques, such as a couple of free podcasts that I discovered.
Anyhow, I want to stress to people purchasing this to wear the proper stereo headsets, and not to expect much reaction until you are at least 20 minutes into the CD. I think once you listen to it one time, you will appreciate the effect and automatically want to listen again and again.
All the best!

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite, July 13, 2008
This review is from: Gamma Meditation System (Audio CD)
I have most of Dr. Thompson's CD's and this is my favorite CD. I also have several levels of the Centerpointe Holosync series, which I enjoy also. Comparing the two series (Dr. Thompson's CD's vs. Centerpointe Holosync), I give the edge to Dr. Thompson. I find that the music on Dr. Thompson's series is more soothing and relaxing. I can also detect the beats, which my system seems to respond to better, than in the Holosync. As far as this Gamma CD, as I say it is my favorite. I don't find the music at all creepy or scary as some of the reviewers have noted, although I respect their opinion, it is how they perceive the music blended with their experiences. I found the music composition top notch and well balanced (mixed?) and my relaxation level fell deeper and deeper, and the consistency of the music allowed for easier visualization during the process, or you could simply open your mind and let the music (and beats) relax you. I don't know about the validity of the claims that this CD will replicate the deep meditative state of a Tibetan monk, as the brochure states, and I found this to be a bit of product competition with Centerpointe, which makes as one of it's main claims that their series and system will fast track a person into the same higher states of meditation. Frankly, how really would one tell, especially the average person like myself? All I know is that this CD works to relax me, helps me center and focus, and I feel refreshed afterward. I did splurge and treated myself to a good set of BOSE around the ear headphones, which really adds to this experience...Enjoy!

3.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting more., June 26, 2008
Roldan00 (San Antonio, TX) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gamma Meditation System (Audio CD)
I bought this CD in the hopes of making meditation easier. It did not help my mediation sessions at all. I couldn't concentrate while listening to it. As other reviewers state it sounds dark and sinister, but that's actually what I liked about it. When I sleep I need total silence and darkness, but I found out that this is the only CD I can listen to that will actually help me go to sleep. If you buy it for meditation and it doesn't work you can also try it as a sleep aid.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the best CD!, March 21, 2007
This review is from: Gamma Meditation System (Audio CD)
I bought this CD not knowing what to get for meditation. I was looking for the best! I got it! This is my first and if it gets any better than this I would be surprised. I have spoken to people who have taken years to get to where I am now in meditating. I am hooked! After about a week of listening to this 15 minutes a day I am now meditating to this for an hour a day. I feel the vibration in my body. I see things, people.. its awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Best!, November 13, 2006
This review is from: Gamma Meditation System (Audio CD)
I am totally hooked on "brainwave" music...have been using it for several

years, including paying "big bucks" for the Centerpointe holosync system.

Nothing I've found out there is more powerful, deeper, and energetically

transforming than this CD. I am a professional clairvoyant and spend

the best part of my life "in the outer realms". This is everyman's

instant passport to the music of the spheres. I have heard the Dalai

Lama speak, heard the Tibetan monks chant, and this music strikes that

vibration "spot on." The cheapest High you'll ever buy! Use it again

and again and possibly throw away your anti-depressants...its that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, August 27, 2006
This review is from: Gamma Meditation System (Audio CD)
I often lamented the fact that there was no brainwave CD out there that induces gamma waves and I was very excited when I found this product.

This CD was very effective in opening my "spiritual center" (which is located in the forehead and on top of the head) and I was able to reach a highly inspired state of clarity and perception.

If you are into Eastern Mysticism or Western Magick then I highly recommend this product as it is an excellent suppliment to those who practice meditation or magickal rites. The gamma state of awareness is in fact Divine Consciousness, and does improve various abilities such as meditation, rune and tarot readings, achieving a state of "gnosis", or anything that allows one to access mystical experiences.

These experiences are not fake or trivial and are very, very real. The most notable effect is that of "binding", in which the pool of data stored in your brain becomes synthesized into a coherent whole, which is the very definition of "genius". This deep mystical experience is called many things; "samadhi", "gnosis", and "vita" to name a few, and all of these things were known by the Anceints LONG before these processes were "discovered" by scientists who explore the psychology feild.

I will not recommend this product to those who are not interested in spiritual developement or self actualisation.......it will do you no good, in fact it may even be detrimental and destructive to those who choose to be ignorant to themselves or the world around them, especially if one is only looking for a "way out" experience.

Gamma Meditation System
Gamma Meditation System by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson (Audio CD - November 1, 2006)
$19.98 $17.98