4.0 out of 5 stars Good target for FUN
Seeing all the mixed reviews I figured I would clear up the confusion as I am holding this in my hand right now, I found it this week at my local w-mart which did have it and for only twenty bucks so I picked on up for some backyard fun.

Published 23 months ago by Rattler

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, wobbly, not worth the money.
Yes, this item is small, I can get over that, but what I can't get over is the TERRIBLE quality of this product.

Published on June 18, 2011 by Mark

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good target for FUN, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Gamo Deluxe Spinner Targets, 10 Spinners (Sports)

First of all this is a nice little setup for recreational shooting ( overall height is ONLY around 32.75" stuck in the ground around 30" standing to top of paper target and around 24" for rotating spinner target ) it is built to last a while, it is solidly made of metal and powder coated nicely. It is very well thought out too, the shafts connect with one side of the rod flat so the stand does not spin when hit.

As for the spinning targets they are built to take PELLET-gun shots at a SAFE range ( box states 25 YARDS which is 75 FEET of distance between you and the target for those that can't figure that out ) and are weighted so they reset vertically every time ( I did have one that had some thick powder coating and didn't spin freely but with 2 minutes work it spins great )

The spinner targets are as follows ( AMAZON has it wrong there a total of TWELVE targets - EIGHT on the horizontal rod and FOUR on the top spinner when not using the paper target holder ) , the diamond is 1 1/4 " across & tall, the circle is 1 1/8 across, the pig is 1/34 across x 1 1/8" tall, the ram is 1 1/2" tall x 1 3/4" wide , the chicken is 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" , and the dove 2" tall x 1 3/4" wide and are held on with threaded nuts. SO they are NOT very BIG but suitable for fun shooting ( they ARE appropriate sizes for airgun fun ). There are 24 extra orange dots included to replace the ones on the targets when you "shoot them off" lol . This "system" is intended to be a little difficult so that there is actually a CHALLENGE to shoot it. if you want EASY go set up some clay pigeons or FRISBEE's if you want to sharpen your skill and have some fun with spinning targets this is GREAT.

The 25 INCLUDED paper targets are 5 1/2 square and are made quite well, not heavy cardboard but GOOD QUALITY paper ( I like these ) and the sit in the holder well. The metal holder is really nothing more than a slotted "U" the targets slide down into. Mine came with a spinner target that when you take the paper target holder off the top you then can put ANOTHER spinning / rotating ( circle & diamond ) target on the top.

SIDE NOTES- REMEMBER this is made for LEAD PELLETS and to be used at a SAFE DISTANCE, when you assemble it ( which is VERY EASY even though mine had no instructions ) just put some electrical tape ( or any tape you want - electrical is what I had handy and matches the color ) on the upright post at the joints and then you don't have to worry about them coming apart when you pull it out of the ground to move it ( and them it is 30" tall so you don't have to bend much ), and a little oil on the spinners shaft well make them go fast.

OVERALL I really like this target system, it is a QUALITY GAMO product , it is NOT to big and honestly not to small ( for it's intended purpose it is just right ) and would buy it again if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Air Target, December 7, 2010
This review is from: Gamo Deluxe Spinner Targets, 10 Spinners (Sports)
I got this for my father for his birthday, and surprisingly, we BOTH have been having fun with it.
In reply to the previous review; air/pellet targets are SUPPOSED to be small because they are close range. The measurements, which you can easily find by GOOGLING the product name, are 35"H(with the tallest attachment) x 6"W.
My father has had it for a month and it has held up well, hasn't even had to change the stickers yet, despite taking a beating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Advanced shooters only., July 16, 2013
This review is from: Gamo Deluxe Spinner Targets, 10 Spinners (Sports)
Bought my first airgun at 41... He-Yaw! I got this and the Crosman "Spinning Zombie" targets. Here's my thoughts.

Day 1, I set this up and the Zombie targets. The spinners are VERY small. So my kid and I ended up shooting at the Zombie targets. Mind you, we bought the cheapest Daisy "Buck" for his size. The Zombies worked well, being large enough to forgive the poor accuracy of the "Buck". We shot from 15 feet away and enjoyed the heck out of it, hitting 1 in 5.

Fast forward a month, and I'm hitting the Zombies 3 out of 5 from the porch (~20 yards) with a junky gun I have to aim right of my target to hit with. Bah. So I got an adult gun that was accurate, and soon found that the larger targets offered no challenge.

Now I'm back to this one, and I can hit a spinner 2 out of 10 from 20 feet. Humbling. Aggravating. Challenging. Heck, from any kind of distance, just getting them all in the 6" paper target is hard enough. And 20 feet is about the range where my sight covers the entire target sticker. The sticker are just the standard size "dots" used for clearance sales, about the size of a dime. The round target is the size of a half dollar or Canadian loony. Very small.

Novice shooters should avoid these. I have this and the larger targets side by side, and switch back to the Zombies when I feel frustrated. Which is often. However, if you want to be challenged, this is very nice package. You also get the paper targets and holder for playing best of 10, etc... Which is a nice add on. It has held up well to my Daisy 880 with BB's and Pellets, with hardly a scratch on the powder coating. Nice "ding" when you hit a spinner, and they spin very quickly and easily. You can also tie balloons from the arms or top spinner for easy targets that make fun noises for the kiddos.

Shooters looking for a challenge will appreciate these, kids and newer shooters will curse them. I have. (Seriously, is this thing really feeding BB's or am I just shooting air?) I look forward to getting enough skill to hit these consistently, and I'm glad I have them for later on, but I do feel a might silly being only able to hit them from 15 feet and in. I feel like I'm standing on top of them. Far more satisfying to nail larger targets at greater distances. Also, these targets are darn near impossible if your pellet gun isn't reasonably accurate.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, wobbly, not worth the money., June 18, 2011
This review is from: Gamo Deluxe Spinner Targets, 10 Spinners (Sports)

The entire target is not all one piece, you have to connect each of the rods together. The lower portion is 2 separate pieces and then the two top pieces are interchangeable, making it 3 pieces connected at one time. When transporting the target you have to pick it up in a way in which you can hold all the pieces together or else they will fall off as you are carrying it. Don't expect each piece to line up either, the entire target was cockeyed once put together.

After 5 shots with the paper target attachment on, the attachment was already broken. While adjusting my scope I accidentally shot the side of it which bent the metal together so that target cards will not slide in anymore.

After hitting each of the spinning targets a few times they are already bent and twisted.

I don't understand a target that after a few rounds of shooting from an air gun is almost garbage. I tried emailing the company but after weeks still no reply.

Save yourself the trouble and look at a different brand target.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but the targets are small 1.25" or less! (bb gun review), November 3, 2013
Randy M. (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gamo Deluxe Spinner Targets, 10 Spinners (Sports)
These targets are just too small for me. I use this target for my BB gun, iron sights in the backyard, and at 15+ yards it's difficult to hit the targets. The circular targets measure just under 1.25" in diameter, and the squares have a cross diagonal of 1.25". The little piggies and farm animals have varying sizes. If you have a scope mounted, accurate air rifle this would be a different story. I spray painted all targets with orange and it helps a little. I realize my application is off, using a bb gun, but I figure others may have the same idea. Lowering the distance to <10 yards and it's fine. The spinners work well and when the BB does hit, the spinners swing. A touch of lube on the spinning sections will get you some more movement.

5.0 out of 5 stars DO IT TO IT, July 28, 2013
This review is from: Gamo Deluxe Spinner Targets, 10 Spinners (Sports)
This is well built, now i have read how others a flemsey and basically junk. Well mine is pretty tough, no bending of the spinners or the target holder.To me this fun espcially with my pellet pistol (crossman 2240,gamo p85:) and others . People complain how small they are , they are made that small because you are using pellet rifles and pistols, not high power rifles. IF LIKE TO PLINK A LOT THIS IS ONE OF THE TARGETS YOU NEED!!!!!
Bryan Peer 07/28/13

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun target, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Gamo Deluxe Spinner Targets, 10 Spinners (Sports)
I brought this as a gift for my husband and he seems to really like it. Perfect for backyard fun!

3.0 out of 5 stars So Small!, October 23, 2009
This review is from: Gamo Deluxe Spinner Targets, 10 Spinners (Sports)
This target is a joke! It is so small that I don't know if my son will be able to hit the paper target! It does not include the dimensions in the item description, the only thing alluding to size is the weight of the entire thing! So disappointed- this is a gift for Christmas and it just looks so cheap, definitely not worth the money, go with something else!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, January 8, 2011
This review is from: Gamo Deluxe Spinner Targets, 10 Spinners (Sports)
This is a decent spinning target. Keep in mind it's VERY small and it is intended for air guns only. When put together it feels, somewhat flimsy. When part of frame snapped, I decided to just shoot it up. Only took a .22 from a rifle to break it down. Like I said, air guns only.

5.0 out of 5 stars gamo it is what it is, May 10, 2014
This review is from: Gamo Deluxe Spinner Targets, 10 Spinners (Sports)
Pretty decent product it was what it described and has decent use for a shooter trying to hone their skills

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›