Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

33%
67%

on February 12, 2013
I purchased this from Dunhams Sports in Tullahoma, TN last week for a novice to use. The device operates intermittently and often times gives false signals. I contacted GAMO (the manufacturer) and I received no response and no help from the service line. The instructions are a JOKE. It was obviously written in Chinese and converted with a cheap word program- many of the paragraphs made no sense. Example- "load all individual battery into main engine compartment". I dont know about your detector but mine does not have a main engine compartment. Now yes, it did find an item occasionally but on the benchmark test it detected a heavy gold ring twice out of five passes.. Horrible recovery delay after detection.. Also, look around online- nobody has reviewed this but myself and nobody is selling it anymore besides a very slim number of shops, and well- Gamo is still trying to pawn this pathetic device to novice users. Get the Garrett Ace 250- and its about the same cost!
on February 6, 2014
I tried using it by placing different objects on the floor and it didn't pick up anything coin,silver,gold, Nothing! It beeped over nothing!
I am not happy with it I should have returned it and if you will take it back let me know.. I was not sure if you would or not.. I don't have the box...
on February 23, 2015
I have some experience with this detector and can verify that it doesn't function as well as I had expected. In particular, the depth sensor is terribly inaccurate. It displays items at a depth of 8" that are visibility on surface. On the plus side, the discriminator does work in that I could reliably reject "Nails" (iron) when searching for coins. Coin ID worked well for different metals coins in that pennies, nickels and dimes ID correctly. Quarters and 50c coins comingled in the ID process.

All is not lost, the bag and sand tool that come with it are nice and will work well with another rig. I intend to hold onto this as a "trainer" unit for grandkids and upgrade to a much better unit. I think the fair price for this unit should be under $50 (toy category)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse