Gamo 6110049254 Silent Stalker Whisper Air Rifle with Scope
Size Name: 0.177 cal.Gamo Silent Stalker Whisper, 3-9x40 s...Change
Price:$206.78 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on July 14, 2012
Verified Purchase
I already have the Gamo .177 Whisper but I kept having problems with needing repeat shots to drop my targets, so I started looking into Gamo's .22 cal Whisper rifles. The Silent Cat seemed to have a lot of bad reviews so I waited a few years. Along came the Silent Stalker Whisper IGT .22 and I decided to try it.

I will never know if the first one I received was defective. Using two different scopes it shot all over the board and out of the box shot almost 7" too far to the left at 5yds. I had to crank on the windage knob so much that it got to the point to where it wouldnt' turn anymore, so I sent back the gun and Amazon's customer service was great.

The replacement showed up and I was still disappointed. At 5yds I was shooting 3" groupings, totally unacceptable. A little research online told me I needed to try changing the ammo, and possibly the scope, so I did both. I went from Crossman ammo to "H&N Field Target Trophy .22 Cal, 14.66 Grains" ammo, and I ditched the Rws 4X12X50C scope (horrible scope by the way) that I had bought for it and went with the Leapers 5th Gen 3-9x40 AO Mil-Dot Rifle Scope.

The difference was incredible, I am making shots that I didn't think were possible with a pellet gun, I managed to shoot the stalk of a small plant in half at close to 30 yards. One of the shots I made was near dusk directly facing the sun, 15yds away and another 10yds up, nothing but maybe a dime sized part of the silhouette of my target showing through the trees and branches; dropped it with a single shot. One of my hobbies now is shooting from 10yds away through a chainlink fence to targets 15yrds away on the other side.

This gun is actually quieter than my .177 cal Gamo Whisper. One of the reasons I took so long to try the .22 cal was because I thought it would be louder. I shoot in an urban setting and need to stay off of my neighbor's radar. The IGT feature makes a huge difference in sound, no more loud twang after you pull the trigger, there's also a more predictable kick than with spring compression. A kind of cool side effect of the power of this gun is that the pellets leave the barrel so fast that the barrel smokes as you insert the next pellet.

At first I thought the stock was a bit weird but after using it for a few days, the grip is a huge improvement over my Gamo Whisper. Also I never noticed how bad the trigger action was on my Gamo Whisper until I used this gun. The two stage trigger greatly improves your accuracy. Some of the reviews complained because the trigger is plastic. Personally I think it feels a lot better than my Gamo Whisper's metal trigger and could care less what it is made of as long as it doesn't break. If you are pulling the trigger so hard that you break it, you probably have bigger problems.

The stock scope with the right ammo is decent, unless you want the AO feature of a scope like the Leapers has, the stock scope worked fine for me out to about 15yrds. But to get consistent results out to 100yds you will need a better scope and if you are anything like me, once you have an AO scope you will never go back to a FO.

I used to think my Gamo Whisper .177 was perfection, but Gamo proved me dead wrong with their Gamo Silent Stalker Whisper IGT.
on May 10, 2013
Size Name: 0.22 cal.Gamo Silent Stalker Whisper, 3-9x40 s...Verified Purchase
I have been shooting all my life, having shot 200,400,& 600 yard NRA matches. This review is intended to offer a slightly different perspective. While I have owned CO2 pellet guns, this was my first high powered pellet gun. The gun arrived in a brown box. The outside box was a non-descript over-pack of the original box. This was completely adequate shipping protection for this style of gun. No issues whatsoever. I shot the gun with open sights a couple times and it was apparent that the open sights needed minor adjustment. The following day, I went ahead and mounted the scope...a very straightforward process. Only one issue was that my bore-sight device that I use to set up all scopes would not work on this gun as the silencer bore diameter is larger than .22 caliber rifle bore. Without being able to first bore-sight the gun, I went ahead and did it the old fashioned way.... by shooting-in the gun from a bench rest. As far as the feel of the gun, I am not a big fan of thumb hole stocks. My hands are large and the thumb hole does not align well with my hand. On the other hand, the stock feels too thick if I try to grip around the thumb hole....no big deal either way though. The scope mount seems appropriate in height and the rifle was overall very comfortable to shoot. The first shot at 25 yards was 3 inches high and 3 inches to the right of the bulls-eye. The sound of the shot was very quiet. I adjusted the scope down and to the left 5 click. The second shot had improved to 2 inches right of center however the height above center had grown to 5 inches. The second shot was louder than the first and similar to a .22 rifle...the neighbors dogs were now barking! I again adjusted the scope down 5 more clicks and to the left 5 more clicks. The third shot was perfectly aligned over the bulls-eye, but was still high at 5 inches. Even considering the possibility of "operator error" it appears that the gun seemed to be gaining power and the pattern was climbing the more it was shot! A few more clicks down pulled the pattern down. The gun shot dead on consistently. In summary this is a very powerful .22 pellet gun. There is a noticeable sonic crack that could be a noise problem depending on how close the neighbors are. The other thing to consider is that the gun shoots a little differently from the first shot to the second or third if not shot recently. When compared to a CO2 gun where the first shot can be the strongest, this gun gets more powerful, more accurate, and louder. If you are grabbing this gun after a couple days or a week in the closet to go after a squirrel, it may shoot a little low on the first shot, but is still very deadly. However, the second shot will be within an inch of what it can do on the third and subsequent shots. When I shoot the gun now, I first fire the gun (unloaded) into a trash can one time to get things going. It then shoots really consistently. Note..Gamo discourages dry firing although they state "a handful of times is OK". The best method would be to fire a pellet into a box designed for test firing. This gun is very powerful and must be treated like a real .22 rifle. Having said that nothing beats using this gun often and not let it languish in the closet. Overall, I am very happy with the gun.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 27, 2011
I went through about 12 different pellet types to narrow down the best. By far, the H&N FTT are the most accurate with the flattest trajectory. Tied for second, is the Crosman Premier (Box only), the JSB Exact Jumbo HEAVY, and the Predator Polymag. With the H&N FTT, I have been able to get dime sized groups at 30 yards. The scope I received was defective. Gamo took the return for a new one, but I bought a Leapers 3-9x40 AO scope from Amazon for $65 and it is miles ahead of the stock Gamo. Even if the first one was not defective, I did not care for the non-AO. Image focus was not good over large range. The defect was that the scope's POA was 48 minutes out, and required that I shim the front of the scope. The new Leapers dropped right in, and no shimming needed. It was all dime groups at 30 yds with H&N at that point. The scope rail stop hole seems to get beat up pretty good, so I am thinking about a replacement on the scope mount also. Be sure to check that ALL stop screws, and all others for that matter, are nice and tight before use. This gun is a mount-muncher. I'm really happy with the gun now, with the new scope, and having found the right pellets. Next, is an upgrade on the trigger, using the GRT-4G from CharlieDaTuna. Very accurate gun. Does require some getting used to a proper hold technique (artillery hold)
Let's be honest, the advertised 975 fps, for the 0.22, is a little over estimated. Recent review, including my finding with the 14.8 gr H&N is that muzzle velocity is more typically around 670 fps. But don't worry about that so much, because it is still very accurate and 670 fps on a 14.8 H&N still gives you 11.5 ft-lbs of stopping energy at 30 yards. Plenty for varmints.
on January 11, 2012
Size Name: 0.22 cal.Gamo Silent Stalker Whisper, 3-9x40 s...Verified Purchase
I bought this item here and was very exciting to wait arrival of my first air rifle. My first impression of it is WOW, it looks pretty, feels right, good pounding energy and reasonable quiet. After a few day's excitement with scope, the frustration crept in, the pallet just doesn't like to group at all. Ok I thought I got a project to tame this thing, here was what I did
- Research. I read whatever I can find on web
- Isolation of the issues. gun issue, scope issue or my issue.
. first I took off the scope, tried to use open sight only to see any problem with barrel, It shows some consistency, but is still not very good, then after examination, I noticed the poor quality of iron sight, there is 1mm clearance on iron sight hinge, which causes left-right movement of sight easily, every time you touch or shoot it, the sight may change the location. ok, one issue got identified and addressed. Another problem with iron sight is up-down movement tendency, I put a 3mm tape stripe on top of it in barrel direction, a few shots caused the strip to bend, er-h, Let me put a wider tape to get entire top surface fixed. The gun performs much better.
. Examination of barrel hinge. look fine to me.
. put the scope back on again, tighten up, and dial the two nobs to the middle range(~50%) without sight-in, shoot some at 16 yard to see any consistency. all pallets align on a clear vertical line, but 3~4 inch spread seen on that line. bad scope or bad barrel hinge, I think it is scope problem. Another problem shown is that the center of the big group is above 6 inch below the target, it just droops a lot beyond what the stock scope can handle. Do I need an adjustable scope base, or shim it? I have not started the process yet. I have already ordered a leapers' scope, which is on it's way. I will see if it delivers better group before I shim it.

Update on 01/12/12: Received UTG 3x12x40, mounted it on last night, got the clear group in the dime size @16 yard first time. but the group is still 5" below POA.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 23, 2011
Verified Purchase
I bought the Silent Stalker Whisper IGT .22 to replace my old Crosman Magnum 2200 that finally broke after 30 years of shooting. All I can say is WOW. It took me about 25 shots to master the artillery hold shooting style, but after that man this thing is accurate with a good pellet. I bought it for pest control, but I think I might take it to the rifle range a little. The scope for me is ok but not great. My eyes aren't the greatest so I'm going to have to get an AO scope. I know there are a lot of complains about Gamo triggers, but mine is decent. The gun picture is wrong this gun looks just like the Whisper VH with the skeletonized stock. I'm very satisfied with it.
on June 5, 2014
Size Name: 0.177 cal.Gamo Silent Stalker Whisper, 3-9x40 s...Verified Purchase
I ordered the Gamo Silent Stalker to help control critters and to plink with around my property. The gun arrived, I read the manual, and installed the scope. Within a few days and less that 50 rounds I could not keep the scope sighted in and found that the scope mounts had dug into the soft metal of the mounting rail displacing the stop screw. Amazon replaced the gun. I initially did not put the scope on the second gun and used it only with the open sights. The rear sight had to be tightened down frequently. Recently I decided to put the scope on and consulted with my local gun shop to make sure I was installing it correctly. The same problem that I encountered with the first gun occurred. In addition the gun will not longer cock and can not be used. This gun was only 1 year old and was used sparingly. I have never been so disappointed with a product as I am with this air gun. I do not recommend that you purchase the Gamo Silent Stalker Air Rifle.

Update: I sent the gun back to Gamo for repair - at my expense since the gun was 2 weeks out of warranty. Two days ago UPS delivered the repaired gun (original problems seem to be repaired). Upon opening the package I noticed that the front element of the rear sight had pivoted down due to the wrapping/packaging. I flipped the part up. The part is very loose and will not adjust left/right as it should. I will be contacting Gamo. Again, I must express my total dissatisfaction with this gun and Gamo's customer service.

Update #2: Gamo refused to take responsibility for the damaged site and I must not replace it at my expense. Amazingly poor customer service from Gamo USA.
on August 23, 2013
Size Name: 0.177 cal.Gamo Silent Stalker Whisper, 3-9x40 s...Verified Purchase
Ok, first of let me ask why people are complaining about this air rifle? Because after all of the reviews I've read people tend to complain about petty stuff. Seriously, this is an air rifle. Not a sniper rifle!! It's meant for possibly eliminating small pests or used for target practice etc. You're not taking out an enemy target at a mile away. Relax people!!

Now for my review. At first feel and touch of this air rifle, its solid, well built, sleek and sharp looking, sturdy, but not heavy by any means and looks pretty intimidating, even for an air rifle. The overall instructions could be a little better, but if you have any experience with common sense....they are not that bad. I had to remove one star because the package which appeared to be brand new and unopened was missing the PBA pellets it stated that it came with. I've contacted Gamo to see what they can do, but I'm not going to be upset over 50 PBA pellets. Who cares that much in all reality about 50 pellets. Althought, yes I do agree it's the principle of the matter, still.

The first 3 shots were pretty loud, almost as loud as a .22 firearm crack, but that was to be expected during the break in period, however long it lasts. The next several shots were normal and didn't sound any louder than my old crossman classic spring action pellet rifle. The impact of the projectile is pretty intense compared to my crossman and it can definitely go through thin material if you're not careful. I have a 1 inch layer of foam mounted over a 1 inch thick piece of plywood and it appears that only 1 pellet seemed to slightly blow out a small section of the plywood on the back side. So, please be careful with this thing...its not to be taken lightly as a cheap air rifle. It has power for sure. The recoil is minimal, but some is to be expected because of the mere power of the technology built into it. Still, nothing to be concerned about as far as serious recoil etc. The barrel actually does smoke when you go to reload and it almost smells like a real firearm, so it is kind of cool to see the smoke come out of it upon reload. As for all the people that complain about the trigger, I mean seriously, come on, this is an air rifle. The trigger is as good as I could have expected it to be for an AIR RIFLE. I'm not pointing at Osama Bin Laden in Iraq and don't expect my trigger to be top notch. Still it works just fine and doesn't require a lot of pull like some people complain about. I don't know what kind of sticklers or experts these people take themselves for, but some people just give themselves too much credit in life and don't take into consideration what they are judging. Like I said....seriosly people!! As for the scope, right out of the box I had 3/4 inch spread on first 3 shots all a bit high to the right, but very very consistant. I'm still having to make simple adjustments to correct that, but considering it came right out of the box I think at 30 yards that's fairly accurate. I don't expect to be 50 to 100 yards from my intended target and in actuality when are you really shooting or hunting a target from that far away on average? If you're into that sort of thing....I would imagine you'd be using a real firearm, not an air rifle. Again....for picking off small critters at an average of 50 yards or less....I think you'd destroy your target without question. As for loading and reloading...I found the break barrel to be easy to use for sure, but it does take a little effort to fully cock the barrel. Maybe it will get easier with time, but so far its pretty firm in the effort required. Be careful not to put this too close to your face when reloading because if you can't fully cock this puppy all the way, I'd imagine it may bounce back and hit ya in the face. LOL. User error....thank god it didn't happen to me, yet. My only slight issue is the stock grip. I have average sized hands and I find it to be a little snug above your thumb when you're in full grip position. I could see people with bigger hands not liking that, so take that into consideration. As for durability, this thing is built very well and solid as I stated before. There are no cheap feels about it. People complain about the scope etc, but seriously for it coming right out of the box...I hit pretty darn accurate for not having made any adjustments at all. A simple scope mount was all I did. Overall I think the average person would be amazed by this gun and its power and feel of being well made. Time will tell, but I just couldn't get over some people's reviews of this gun and how picky they make certain things out to be. Again..these are all the people who are way too technical for this sort of hobby type of air rifle. So, again I don't know why the petty complaints but I think Gamo made a hell of a gun and from what most people say it gets more quiet over several shots and time. I'd prefer for it to quiet up some more, but it already has after the first few shots. I'm sure if you can get this sited well you'd be pretty happy. As for all those people who make mods and upgrades......again..I'm going to revert back to the .....SERIOUSLY?!! If you have the money to make all those mods and upgrades....then why are you buying a $200 dollar air rifle? May as well go B@LLS out and buy yourself a $500 dollar one that you're not going to complain about and even then....you better hope there's nothing to complain about. If you can't shoot accurately with this rifle at 50 yards....then you probably just need to move closer to your target. I found it funny that the directions had an example of a male buck in the crosshairs at different distances. Ok...come on...SERIOUSLY....are you going to be expecting to put down a BUCK with this rifle? Of course not...get practical people...and enjoy this rifle for what it's worth and the fun times or critters you are sure to put down with this rifle. I have no major complaints about it....but if it breaks down in a week....I'm going to be upset. HAHAHA....happy hunting and be realistic about your expectations...and most importantly....DON'T SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!!! HAHAHAH. Best wishes!!
on January 9, 2013
Size Name: 0.22 cal.Gamo Silent Stalker Whisper, 3-9x40 s...Verified Purchase
I read quite a few reviews before buying this gun (.22 version). Over and over I saw complaints about poor groupings and a bad scope. So I decided right away that I was going to buy a replacement scope mount. And then I came across a youtube video review by PyramydAir that recommended removing the mount rail that Gamo includes on the gun.
Oops.. It didn't let me post the link. You will have to do a search on Youtube.

After seeing the video, I agreed that the mounting rail served no purpose. Who needs all those extra screws? So I ordered the 'UTG Airgun .22 High Profile Integral 1-Inch Ring Mount' from Amazon as well.
Got the gun, removed the rail, installed the UTG mount and the included Gamo scope. I've now shot quite a few rounds and I am getting very nice tight groups consistently with no problems.
The trigger isn't that bad either. I don't see a need for an upgrade. But I will probably upgrade the scope and trigger at some point because I'm a gear head who can't help himself. haha
I rate this gun 5 stars with my UGT mount and removal of the rail. But since it did not come in that configuration, I gave it 4 stars.
on December 14, 2012
Verified Purchase
Never been an Air Gun Type. Had a Crossman Luger Style 22 cal pellet (and still have it)that worked on CO2), would blow bluegill out of the water at the lake. Lately have been shooting AR-15 Carbines and M-1 Garands and Mauser 98-K WWII stuff with friends.

I wasn't prepared for this Whisper IGT Air rifle.... I have a basement that is about 75 feet long with concrete (unfinished walls) so I set up a bunch of cardboard boxes to cushion the blow. The gun came with about 50 of Gamo's Platinum pellets. They performed flawlessly. I picked up some Crossman premier 22 cal pellets also.

Now remember, I just took this gun out of the box, read the instructions, and mounted the scope. Went down to the basement, and at 45 to 50 feet, started shooting 1" and 1/4 inch diameter patterns on Birchwood Casey target sheets. I used 5 different sheets, and I did adjust slightly for elavation, but this was right out of the box.

But this was amazing to me. This air rifle performed flawlessly, and both ammos were outstanding. I feel I could nail anything at up to 100 feet, Kudos to Gamo. Nice weapon for the money.
on June 27, 2011
There is a silent stalker IGT and a silent stalker whisper IGT. You have the former pictured and the latter described and priced. FYI.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...