Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on February 14, 2007
First off, I am not a kid, but couldn't get the other review thing working. I have shot many airguns, and this by far is the absolute most accurate, no matter what anyone else says. Just the other day I shot the tip off of a ballpoint pen from 30 feet with one shot. Second, the velocity is 1000 feet per second, giving it incredible knock-down power, and better accuracy. I have owned this rifle for 9 months, and have not had a problem with it yet. But if you buy it, get a moisture-free case, and oil it regularly. The scope is quite good too, and the laser can be adjusted for incredible accuracy. In all, it is probably one of the best deals on the airgun market right now, and Gamo did a fantastic job with this one.
on February 4, 2009
I like this rifle a lot. Put into service 1/2007. I have put 6000 shot through. After testing a dozen varieties, I found that this rifle works well with Beeman Wadcutter shot.
Some reviews complain about the trigger. I suppose it is a little spongy, but I am used to it. I ended up replacing the scope with a Leopers. The Gamo sight is real pain to adjust with a hex wrench... I had the momentary switches going for the light & laser for awhile. Very cool. These switches failed shortly after. Changed to the hard switches. Light switch has failed. Laser still OK. The laser is basically useless. It gets knocked out of alignment with each shot. Still useful to point out shots to spectators... All this stuff probably not worth the extra cost. Buy a GAMO Shadow & and after market accessories.
Once this gun is sighted in it is very accurate. Easy to shoot quarter inch targets @ 40 yards. Mr. Squirrel, no problem...
review image
on July 16, 2008
Over the years my wife and I have spent several thousand dollars repairing the damage squirrels have done to our house and the wiring. The Varmit Hunter is properly named because as of now there are 46 fewer of those "Varmits" that caused us so much money. The gun is very accurate, and it has paid for itself many times over now. I have had it a little over a year, and my only problem now is that I don't get to use it as much now because there are no squirrels left. An excellent product!
on January 28, 2010
A great price and a very accurate air rifle. Laser sight is superb for taking out varmints in your garden and yard at night. Careful, this is not for children unless strictly supervised. This air rifle IMHO could kill a child if hit accidentally. Treat this exactly like a firearm.
on August 29, 2008
My husband wanted this because he just sold his baby glock. One thing that his brother-in-law learned is to not put your eye close to the scope. This gun has a kick to it and will hit you in the face if you do.
on July 21, 2009
A good rifle at a reasonable price. Be sure to have a steady rest when you dial in the scope. Once that's accomplished, dial in the laser to the cross hairs. Most importantly, dial everything in with the ammo you intend to use. I found that each different type & weight of pellet required scope adjustment so, I finally settled on a subsonic, pointed pellet and it is pretty consistent at 40 yards. Now I can start pushing the range. I use Crosman - Copperhead.177 Pointed Pellets (250)
on December 29, 2009
Got the rifle today and put the sight on and calibrated it. The gun is very accurate, I was able to put in 4 shots within 1/4 inch of each other at 10 yards consistently using the gamo match pellets.

Seems to be plenty powerful enough to take down small game.

I took off the flashlight and laser and mounted it on my home defense gun. Seams to work really well.

For the money, this is a great air rifle.
on January 4, 2012
Originally bought this gun for night use to take out problem skunks on my property and it did the trick.
Very powerful gun. Brought both skunks instant death at about 50ft. Didn't even twitch or spray to my surprise.
Now I plink tree rats out of the oaks in front. Its fun to combine my head flashlight with the red laser dot at night. That red dot is great because it enables you to shot the gun from the hip. Just put that red dot on your prey and BLAM!
Issues I have with this gun are that there is no hard sights so you must use the scope; the vibration of the gun shooting causes the laser dot and scope to knock out of alignment after awhile; and it seams that every few shots one will be inaccurate.
I have had it about two years now and shoots as well as the first day i got it.
on August 26, 2010
I bought one of these just for fun and my 15 y.o. grandson loved it. He was able to dial in the scope after much trial and error and discovered that each type of pellet had a dramatically different flight pattern at 25m. We bought a 2nd one just for him and he spent another 2 days after school sighting his rifle in and had the same scope/ammo issues. The rifle is super high quality with a very good cheek weld pad molded into the poly stock. Trigger pull is adjustable somewhat but you get used to it very quickly. My grandson was able to put 5 rounds of just about any pellet in a sub .5" group using an improvised rest. If you are an adult, you might want to change the scope mount to one that is a little higher for a better sight picture and improved eye relief. We have only tested out to 25m, but it has plenty of punch at that distance putting most any lead pellet through at least 2" of telephone book so varmits don't stand a chance. Highly recommended but consider a better scope if you are real serious. Buy it at Amazon we overpaid by $40 on each at Academy.
on January 19, 2010
Got it last week at a great price and have now sighted it in. I would have liked fixed sights, and of course the noise reducer. I donno why they just don't make them standard on all guns. The gun is powerful, and fun to shoot. I also bought the extreme 177, and the Whisper 22. They are really fine guns. Great prices on Amazon. I am waiting for really good prices so I can get the extreme 22. I think the triggers are fine, seem to be smooth with a bit of a long push. I don't understand the problems with the stock triggers at all. I haven't put the scope on the whisper, just using the regular sights, and they seem to be great. I donno if I will put the scope on.