Gamo 611009654 Whisper Fusion .177 Caliber 1300 FPS Air Rifle
Size: 0.177 cal.Gamo Whisper Fusion air rifle, 3-9x40...Change
Price:$213.74+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on July 24, 2013
I didn't buy my Gamo Whisper Fusion IGT from Amazon, but I wanted to write an honest review for people to base a sound decision on before buying this gun. I did hours of research on Gamo pellet guns and went with this gun because it was rated at being quieter then most pellet guns, it had a decent price(to me), decent reviews, and because the gas piston is supposed to be quieter then a springer.
It is pretty quiet shooting 7&8 grain pellets, but the trigger pull is a little long and takes a little getting used to. Like everything else these days, I'm hoping theirs a kit on the market that will help shorten the trigger pull and make it crisper and easier to shoot.
Their are a few hang-ups that most people write about in their reviews that people tend to disregard then blame the gun for their problems. I almost regretted my decision until I remembered the reviews I read and put everything together.
#1 The scopes that come with these guns are truly junk(unless I got a bad scope) when it comes to shooting them on these pellet guns. Every 10-20 shots I was readjusting the scope because it was being thrown off by the shock. Get rid of the scope ASAP, but be careful in buying a new scope because you will want a scope that's rated for the higher shock of a pellet gun. I tried a decent Simmons "rifle" scope and had the same problems as the Gamo scope. Put the Gamo scope on a .22 or .17cal and it "should" work fine.
#2 From what I read in a few reviews, be aware that break barrel pellet guns can have a problem they call barrel droop/sag when it comes to sighting your scope in. It will cause your scope to not have enough adjustment. I had this problem in all three scopes I mounted on this gun where I couldn't get enough adjustment in the "UP" direction. I had to put a shim between the scope and rear mount to fix the problem. The heavier the pellet, the more I had to shim it. If Gamo would at least let a person buy the gun without the Gamo scope it would be a step in the right direction to reduce costs and customer aggravation, but maybe that's the only way they can get rid of the scopes they have in stock????
#3 Be aware that all pellets are not created equal and will shoot different patterns out of this gun. I found I had the best performance when I used my pellet pen to lightly/gently seat the pellet into the taper of the barrel. If the skirt of the pellet went anywhere past the taper, they didn't pattern good at all. In order of best pellet performance for me was the Diablo Exact 7.3gr, Crosman Premier Hollow Point , then the Crosman Destroyer. All 3 pellets seemed to have a "smooth" fit in my gun with just the right amount of pressure. I had about a 1/2"+ pattern with the Crosman hollow points at 30yds(depending on the wind) then went to the Diablo Exact 7.3gr and tightened the pattern with almost no adjustment. IMO, They were both so close in my tests that they're worthy of shooting without readjusting my scope if I ran out of one and had to use the other. In no particular order, I had extremely poor patterning with Gamo Rockets, Diablo Exact 8.44gr, RWS Superdome 8.3gr, RWS Super Point 8.2gr , Daisy Precision Max Pointed, and Crosman Powershot Gold Flight Penetrator 8.5gr lead free pellets. Most of these pellets seemed to have too "tight" of a fit when seating them into the barrel which seemed to be causing sproradic flight patterns.
While I was writing this review I called Gamo customer support and asked about the factory scope not staying zeroed and explained about the shimming I had to do to make any scope work on this gun. They said the gun must be defective and that it might have a bent barrel. They also said a person should never have to shim a scope on their guns. I don't know what the odds are of the scope and the gun both being bad, but I'm going to send it back for a replacement and I'm going to leave a 4 star rating because I knew what I was in for when I purchased the gun. Research taught me everything I needed to know. If my gun has a bent barrel, it's still shooting fairly consistent at 30yds for me even with a slight breeze.
I got my replacement gun last week. It was going to take 3-4 weeks to get a replacement gun through the mail so I made the 1.5hr trip south to the Big "C" Store in Prairie du Chien, WI to make the exchange and save time. I put a new Leapers scope on it last night and guess what? Same problem as the first gun. I had to shim the back scope mount again to get enough "UP" adjustment. I called Gamo again and they said the same thing. Shouldn't have to shim, must be a defective gun. I'm stuck wondering what to do. The only thing in common is that both guns came from the same Big "C" store so that would mean they must have received a bad batch of guns from Gamo. What are the odds? The only thing for me to do now is to send it directly to Gamo under warranty and let them see what it's doing. I'll update this review when I get the results and I'm changing my rating to a 3 star for the aggravation.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 29, 2013
Fantastic gun and am very happy with the performance. The adjustable cheek rest and optics rock! It does still make a loud sound when you are the shooter. As soon as you step away and let someone else shoot, you realize the lower decibels. So far, IMO the best accuracy is with the RWS Super Dome 8.3 gr. You can't put lightweight pellets in this gun or your accuracy will decrease significantly. Stay above or around 8 gr. and enjoy.
on June 14, 2013
I've been shooting my Gamo Whisper Fusion about 4 weeks now. Trigger is good, open sights are good but you cannot use the open sights once you mount the scope that's included with the gun. The scope is the worst part of the deal. The first and second scope came apart inside. I am now into the 3rd scope and wound up ordering a different brand "airgun rated" scope. I ordered this gun to use where my neighbors wouldn't hear a gun firing at backyard taragets. If you shoot gamo pbs ammo (non lead, high velocity of 1300 fps) the gun is as loud as a 22 LR. If you use the heavier lead bullets like gamo red fire, the gun is much quieter and sounds like an air gun (fires at below the sound barrier). The pbs ammo does not shoot as accurate as the red fire. RWS ammo does not shoot good in it. I found that the Crossman Premier Ultra 10.5 gr round nose pellets shoot the most accurate. The gun is heavy but I like that. The cocking action requires substantial pull(not made for children) and the recoil is more than I suspected but not harsh at all. If I ever receive my new scope I'm looking forward to lots of plinking enjoyment. Be safe.
on March 10, 2014
Things I liked:
This gun is very ergonomic. The action is smooth and light. You can cycle this gun all day. I's quite ez to cock. The stock is world class. If i could put this stock on every gun i own, I would. Cant say enough about the stock. It is a good looking gun and the silencers actually work well. Dramatically more quiet than any other springer or gas piston gun i own. The trigger is better than just ok but not as good as the T06 rws group. There is a wide margin between these 2 triggers. The SAT is decent. Its much heavier than the T06 and has considerable creep. However thats only bad for paper punching. Its a good hunting or plinking trigger. The gun feels light and well balanced. I put a 3x9x50ao scope and bipod on mine. Quite functional for hunting and slings just fine with the bipod. It has plenty of power. You sacrifice accuracy with more power. But with a good hollow point or dome you can reach out to 40m with good stopping power. You can hunt well with this gun. It has alot of cool factor and will make for a great close range hunter. 30-40m max for accurate clean kills. Anything further requires luck no matter how good you are.

Things I would have changed:
Like everyone else says.. The scope has to go. But its ok if funds are tight. Replace it with a decent ao scope and you will be happier. A new scope DOES NOT make this gun more accurate! This gun will give you about 1.5 inch groups at 20m with a lot of vertical strings regardless of what scope or ammo you run thru it. There are times i can get dime sized 10 shot groups at 20m. Its not consistent tho and its not scope, mount, ammo or fouling. I have not discovered why it prints erratically. It is a bit hold sensitive. Mine likes to be pulled into my shoulder with slight down pressure on the fore stock. Less creep in the second stage of the trigger for a more crisp break would be nice.

What others should know:
First thing you need to know is this is not a target rifle. Get that out of your head now. You will not make it a target rifle either. You can put the best available scope on it and it will not group anywhere near MOA. If you want accuracy keep looking. I'd suggest RWS 34p for paper punching. Same price point, comparable power, with VASTLY superior accuracy from the 34. Do not buy this gun if you are going to hit paper targets and are looking for tight groups. It wont do it and you will get frustrated. It likes heavier pellets in .177. Best accuracy will come from 10-11 grain pellets. Lighter pellets are being over driven in terms of fps and I believe that .177 pellets destabilize as you get closer to 900 fps. This gun is a magnum and it hauls the mail. Use a heavier pellet to harness that power and drop the fps to the 850 fps range. It will hit plenty hard and give you better groups and more confidence for a kill shot. Mine likes Barracuda match and JSB domes. Both around 10.5 grains and will knock the crap out of small game at less than 40m. This gun has plenty of power at even 55m, its just not accurate enough to consistently get a humane kill at that range. Dont risk wounding something. I have about 9000 shots thru mine and its fine. No mechanical problems and I still like to PLINK with it. The stock is just wonderful to shoot. Dont buy this and expect repeatable accuracy. Shoot spinners or cans or whatever like a champ with this gun. Certainly a good close range hunter
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 20, 2014
So just so everyone knows, the very first shot you take (or at least for me) is as loud as a .22 rifle. BUT! The second one I shot, was quite enough that I can shoot it in my back yard without disturbing the neighbors. In fact it's really quite when compared to all other air rifles. It is very acute, but the scope it comes with is just garbage... but it is like that for all of the scopes these guns come with, not just gamo. This is really fun to shoot. Also on your first shot, you have to out your purse down to actually break the barrel, because it's really hard. But again, on my second shot it is super easy to break the barrel. Just like a new pair of shoes, you need to beak it in for best results. Buy the cheap amo and put 50 rounds through it before you make your final decision on whether or not you like it's performance. All in all its a great gun, sort of heavy, but good. And as for the warranty, you need to send in a card via mail with all the information of when you bought it, and who you bought it from to activate the warranty.
on October 18, 2014
I've grown up shooting some sort of gun. BB, Pellet, 22 and so on. I've had very cheap and some that were somewhat expensive for what they did. I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for and this gun is no exception.

I could have gotten several cheaper pellet guns for what I paid for this one, but I wanted more accuracy, and I got exactly that!

I finally go at chance today (10/18/14) to give it a decent test-drive. I started out with the scope that comes with the gun. After five shots, I took it off... Was it a bad scope? Probably not, but I'm not a scope person per se. I prefer open sights for the most part.

At first, I couldn't get within in a foot of my aiming, but even at that, the grouping was very ACCEPTABLE! I finally jacked the elevation up to all most full height and amazingly, I was well within my desired target. And the grouping still stayed the same.

Now, this was using open sights, standing upright, holding the gun in my arms (not using any prop), and using "Crosman Premier Ultra Magnum) 10.5 gr. pellets. I chose this pellet for both it's weight and also because of it's cost. Yes, you have slight diameter variations with this pellet, I could not complain one bit with the grouping. At roughly 45 yards, I held a pattern within a 1.5 inch radius.

Yes, some will laugh at that but for me, it's a very tight grouping. I could hit an aluminum can at that distance without missing, I'm sure that with those EXPENSIVE Gamo pellets you can buy you can get an even tighter grouping but for my needs, I'm happy.

I think that Gamo could just omit the scope and lower the price of the gun. A scope is great for a gun that has distance but really, do you need a scope for shooting pellets? Just my two cents worth.

I'm very pleased with this gun and would definitely recommend this to anyone that wants a pellet gun that goes beyond your "toy" guns.
on April 8, 2014
Upon arrival of my Gamo Whisper Fusion I'm sure i danced around like a little school kid on Christmas morning. As i opened the packaging my heart sank, the Manufacturers don't pad the interior of their box with much. The Scope box and Rifle had shifted and met inside the packaging a few times, this concerned me right away. I trudged along and set the rifle up after a good cleaning and lubing, installing the scope on the supplied base already attached to the rifle. At first I really wanted to go sans the base and attach the scope and rings directly to the rifle but the scope base has slightly different lugs than the base on the rifle, so i just extended the movable cheek rest to it's highest point. While the scope seems to me to be sitting awfully high, it's still solid and works.
Sighting the scope in didn't take long. I worked on zeroing it in at 25 yards, I will say the elevation screw took me the most time, two full turns to get it close! After a few shots, 15 in total, i felt i had a reliable sighting. I changed my target and had a blast. 50 rounds or so later it was still shooting a dime size grouping at 25 yards, average speed was 1280 FPS at barrel with Gamo Rockets, dropping to average of 1260 with the Crosman Destroyer pellets (50 of these as well), accuracy stayed the same with the occasional stray. That may be to my loading though. I was using a pen loader for a while and while handy it just isn't the same as using your thumb to seat the pellets.
The break barrel design and the IGT system seem to work flawlessly. You will know you've been cocking the barrel after a hundred reloadings though! Over all I am extremely pleased with my purchase and know that Squirrels and Rabbits tearing up my yard and home will soon dread my purchase. I am so impressed with this rifle that i will leave all 5 stars even considering the packaging from the Manufacturer.
on July 31, 2014
As advertised. THIS IS NOT A TOY!!. This is a VERY powerful gun and NOT to be used by anyone under 18 or without strict adult supervision.
Even at 100 yards, this rifle could inflict serious injury. With platinum ammo the pellet travels 100 yards in 4/10ths of a SECOND! Not to be used in any area where people can be possibly hit by errant fire. This gun is capable of 400 yard+ distance. KNOW what you are shooting at and make sure there is something behind to stop the slug. Even with all the 'silent treatments' it is still loud enough to scare away anything within 10 yards, unless you hit it of course! LOL! Then it will not be going anywhere!. First shot kills on crows and rats. this is a very well made piece. The only complaint I have is the scope rail clamp is too wide for the rails on the gun. When tightened the clamp bar is at an odd angle and not flush to the rail causing the scope to mount a few degrees off axis. Annoying to say the least. I am going to buy some washers today to put behind the clamp so it flushes true to the scope. It takes some muscle to cock this gun anyway. That may make it safer if there are kids around.
on October 23, 2014
I did a TON of research before I bought this gun. I looked at several models in sporting goods stores, etc. The reviews I read on Amazon really helped me make the right decision. I am very happy with my purchase. I have had a lot of fun with this gun. I guess the only thing that surprised me is that it is louder than what I thought it would be. It is quiet with lead pellets, but when you use the high performance =, high fps pellets, boy you can hear the difference. The gun handles well, is well made, well balanced, and has the look and feel of a more expensive rifle. This is a quality instrument, and I am pleased with my purchase.
on October 30, 2014
The rifle is amazing... That being said the scope sucks! The iron sights work really well... But be careful mine came apart and I lost the c clip and small ball bearing. It cost $16 to replace those 2 parts. I'm keeping it. I'm giving it 3 stars because the scope was crap out of the box ( that's every gamo scope I've owned). Don't buy a break barrel without iron sights.