5.0 out of 5 stars Gangsters Guns & Zombies....
Published 21 months ago by blackaciddevil

3.0 out of 5 stars very low budget movie is ok.
Published 21 months ago by Michael Dobey

5.0 out of 5 stars Gangsters Guns & Zombies...., December 19, 2012
blackaciddevil (in the USA somewhere.....) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gangsters Guns & Zombies (DVD)
Armed robbers use the early days of the zombie apocalypse to do a big bank job. With one of them dying from a gunshot wound,they try to make their way to their safehouse. However, when they get there, cop have surrounded the place so they decide to make their way to their second safehouse in the woods miles away. Yet, when they run out of gas along the way, things really start to get interesting.

Gangsters, Guns & Zombies is about one of the most humorous zombie movies I've seen in sometime. Even though it's another low budget British zombie film, this one is a step above the rest in my honest opinion. Put Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Reservoir Dogs and any of your better zombie comedies that's been out over the last year or so together....shake 'em up...and you'll get a brilliant idea what Gangsters, Guns & Zombies holds in store for you. What sold me on purchasing the movie was seeing the trailer of the movie on the Outpost: Black Sun DVD. During the trailer, you see Tony(I believe that's who it is) shooting a zombie in the head just outside their van when another gangster Crazy Steve comes up out of nowhere and starts kicking and stomping the dead. Tony asks Steve what does he think he's doing to which, then, Steve replies "Helping!". Lol, it was then that I knew I'd be in for a real treat watching this movie. I wasn't wrong in that respect. I had me a fun time watching this movie and have been recommending it to all my zombie-loving friends. I wouldn't be surprised if, somewhere down the passage of time, this movie becomes a cult classic. It is that good.

Course, like any good movie, it has its' flaws. Thankfully, there are only a couple to mention. First and foremost, the zombie makeup was just plain awful. It was no more than bloodsplattered clothes and corpses drooling blood. That may worked more in the favor of the movie, though, as, if they had went the other way, I think it might have been too much. Second is the use of CGI in this movie. While it was mostly used for gunshot wounds and whatnot, it was quite noticable when watching the movie. Practical special effects would have worked just fine in the movie for that. I guess the powers that be over the movie felt they were necessary but, in my opinion, they took away from my belief in the movie.

In closing, all I'd like to say is...if you're a zombie-loving fan(like me) and you miss this movie or pass it up; you ought to be ashamed. This is a great zombie comedy that shouldn't be missed by any means. I really loved it myself.

3.0 out of 5 stars very low budget movie is ok., December 20, 2012
Michael Dobey (colorado springs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gangsters Guns & Zombies (DVD)
This is a very low budget movie. How low? well the effects are minimal. very minimal. As in putting a little fake blood on someone, there is one scene of real gore. mostly this is pg rated horror and that's ok. We never see the bankrobbery either. Just the group of guys in a van who are trying to get away. There is a little cgi in this movie with some burning stuff in the background. But they did the best the could with the small budget they had. In fact this flick takes place mainly in the country and that's where you will see the boys trying to escape fast running zombies. For humour there are different groups of zombies attacking them, a sports team? medieval reenactors in full armour, etc. Many people would rate this low budgeter a one star ,certainly all of the regular critics would; but horror fans will find some enjoyment from this british export. You never see any cities in this one either. The cover has a city in the background and this is similiar zombie diaries two cover. but if you are not into microbudget movies then you may not like this one. I liked it though and the extras were obviously unpaid and enjoying themselves as zombies! I know this because in the credits you see them cheering after a scene. That's a good group of folks the director found for sure. the picture is widescreen and it looks good. SO at least this was shot on film. Making this a step up from alot of (video camera) zombie flicks production wise.

3.0 out of 5 stars I'M SORRY ABOUT THE SHOES, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Gangsters Guns & Zombies (DVD)
A group of British bank robbers make their getaway during a major world wide zombie infestation. Danny (Simon Mathews) has been shot and it isn't rocket science to figure out what will happen. Tony (Huggy Leaver) is the gang leader. Q (Vincent Jerome) is the new guy and driver. Their van makes its way through the countryside looking for a safe house. Along the way we see clown zombies, doctor zombies, soccer zombies, and my favorite, reenactor zombies.

The cause of the infestation is unknown. The BBC smartly broadcasts instructions as what to do during the outbreak. On the plus side of this film is the British humor, although it is not a "Fido" over the top type of funny. On the negative side, the zombie actors were bad. There was little to no zombie make-up other than splatter red blood all over their faces. Much of the film takes place inside a van which makes things more "realistic" but at the same time more boring as we listen to conversations. The drawn scenes on the DVD cover are not in the film. They didn't spend that much money on special effects.

It is a passable zombie film, although if you had trouble watching "Zombie Diaries" or "Zombie Apocalypse" you might take a pass on this one. It is less in quality. $9.96 at Walmart.

Parental Guide: F-bombs. No sex. Brief distant male rear zombie nudity.

3.0 out of 5 stars My zombie-loving pal says "OK", May 22, 2014
This review is from: Gangsters Guns & Zombies (DVD)
Got this for a gift for a friend who is a big fan of the genre (I'm not). So, I'm giving you a second-hand review. But, he said it was "pretty good" and admitted to getting a few good laughs out of it. He went on to say it wasn't a great example of the genre, and expounded on that theme somewhat, but not too much, as he was not terribly interested in talking about it. To me, having listened to him spout off about other films, this says a lot about it. He did not rave over it, as he has over some zombie flicks. I'd say he's a zombie film connoisseur, so I believe his comments to be worthy of passing on to others of the same ilk.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun British Zombie Film, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Gangsters Guns & Zombies (DVD)
This was a low-budget zombie flick that had a good bit of humor to it. Decent acting helped and the subtle and casual visual humor went well with some good one liners. While it was not a great flick by any means, it was entertaining to watch. Not your usual zombie flick with bank robbers trying to carry on their getaway as if nothing is wrong with herds of people running from zombies all around them. Two subtle humor scenes that stand out was the driver trying to get his faulty GPS to work while ignoring a zombie at the window beside him trying to knaw him through the glass and the other was a group of people running screaming past them in the woods - a pause- and then a fat female zombie trudging after them trying to chase the group. I found the film more entertaining than the usual low budget zombie flicks aroung

4.0 out of 5 stars Good movie!, February 13, 2014
This review is from: Gangsters Guns & Zombies (DVD)
This is a good movie to watch it has all the zombie twist and turns. One thing that is great about this movie is that they use real film equipment to shoot this unlike some zombie flicks that look like they used their Iphone.

3.0 out of 5 stars add to my collection., February 11, 2014
This review is from: Gangsters Guns & Zombies (DVD)
This was different in zombie genera....more like a low budget film, the plot was to avade the zombies and still act like thugs.it didn't leave me with a I must see this again film.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad flick, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Gangsters Guns & Zombies (DVD)
Not very good movie either. I am a Zombie afficionado, and this movie seemed like it was put together on a lazy afternoon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ummm...save your money, buy something else, February 23, 2013
This review is from: Gangsters Guns & Zombies (DVD)
I made the mistake of buying this at walmart for $14.96 I passed on the possession(blue ray+digital copy), chronicles(BD), and sinister(BD) for this title. The movie is set in England and the characters spend most of their time bickering among themselves while they watch zombies run by. English movies have a different flavor of comedy that I really don't care for. Since I'm a fan of the genre its not a total loss, but I wouldnt recommend spending more than five dollars on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow! gangsters guns and zombies., September 7, 2013
This review is from: Gangsters Guns & Zombies (DVD)
I enjoyed this movie it was my kind of zombie flick I also like the cover of the movie as well.

Gangsters Guns & Zombies
Gangsters Guns & Zombies by Matthew Mitchell (DVD - 2012)
$14.99 $6.12