Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garant GPRR24U Yukon 24-Inch Poly Blade Aluminum Handle Snow Roof Rake With 16-Foot Reach
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on December 2, 2007
I bought one of these 2 years ago and I just love it. The plastic rake will not scratch metal roofs and works on composition roofs too. Suggest you buy extra pole for added length. Thing is strong for aluminum and plastic its light weight makes it easy to use.
on February 12, 2009
After comparing the Garant roof rake to others that appeared more sophisticated (some with cutting wires, some that "shaved" the snow, etc.), I decided to go with this one. Since receiving it, I've removed both deep, dry snow and heavy, wet snow with great success. The Garant is light weight but sturdy and the scoop of the rake seems just the right size and set at a perfect angle. It may be that some of the other much more expensive devices might be better for very set-up, crusty snow, but for typical use here in Idaho, I'm more than content with this product.
on January 29, 2011
I bought this rake on a Saturday. Used it 4x from Sunday to the next Saturday and the blade just broke off the handle completely. The instructions for assembly were lousy - hard to read illustrations that didn't tell you if you were right or wrong. I'm sure poor assembly contributed to this rake's short life in my hands. Try written instructions in the future. My new roof rake is 100% aluminum, no plastic. I'm sure it will last the remainder of this record breaking (for me) season and beyond.
on February 13, 2011
After 10 min it broke.
I went to return it to the local store, and the lady there even told me "did it break here?", which was a hard rubber connector to the head, and I said yes. Easiest return ever. They said they had so many break.
on January 23, 2009
Once all the sections are on, and it is at the full length, its a bit too flexible and flimsy, but it does the job of getting snow off your roof OK.
on January 21, 2011
I looked at a few roof rakes that were not braced like this one, and I am so glad I picked this rake. It took a weeks worth of crusted snow off my roof. There is not a roof rake to be found within a 100 miles of CT, and Amazon came through. I put this unit through the ringer, and it did an outstanding job!!!
on March 13, 2015
This rake is well made and stands up to some pretty rough use inspite of it being made from plastic. If you learn to take small "bites" out of the snow on the roof, this rake makes quick work of clearing the snow, and it will not harm your roofing material. The construction of the whole unit is very good. A nice feature is that the three piece handle has been given a rough finish so that the grip is much better when raking. It won't slip out of your hands. Assembly is simple, easy and the instructions are clearly written and illustrated. I have a snow shovel of this same brand and it has lasted for years with little wear. I have had a roof rake of this brand for five years and it is still as new looking as this new one. You can order replacement parts for this rake, if needed. The three pieces of the handle easily interconnect and disconnect. I find this a much better system than a handle that telescopes in and out. I have use them both and the three piece system allows you to adjust your raking to many different roof pitches and reaches.
on April 6, 2013
Living in the Boston area we have been desperate for a roof rake the past few winters, and have finally found a superior rake in this Garant Yukon 24-inch rake. We have been borrowing our neighbors' rakes (because they have been all sold out in our area for a while), and this rake performed much better than theirs in comparison. It is lightweight, and easy to handle - it goes where you place it without wobbling all over the place. The blade does an excellent job of pulling the snow. I would highly recommend this rake compared to others.

UPDATE 1/26/14: This rake is still going strong through several winter storms!
on March 2, 2008
What a good idea. When snow builds up, take a few inches at a time off with this tool. It works. Lighter than I expected which makes it relatively easy to control. My neighbors all want to borrow it now.
on February 26, 2012
This has been a good tool, until my teenage grandson over worked it. Searching for a replacement blade which is tauted as available, I found only Garant site stating replacement parts not available to residents of the United States. They should at least set something up with Amazon or other U.S. distributor.