Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

Size: 90|Change

on October 1, 2010
A few years back I decided (due to all the potential health risks and no longer needing them) to go off the pill. I ended up having horrible side effects.... night sweats, cystic acne on my neck, irregular long periods, mood swings, couldn't sleep, gained 40 pounds in just a few months, along with other issues..... I went to the doctor several times. Kept telling them that my issues were hormonal but all I got was "your getting older...metabolism slows and body changes happen" (I'm 36!), "your hormone levels are fine", "you need to exercise".... I was even put on a diet pill. No matter what I said, they wouldn't believe it was hormonal. I know by body and all changes happened after going off the pill. As a last resort, I went into a local Natural Health store. I talked with a wonderful woman about everything I was going through. She told me to try Healthy Hormones. I owe her everything! Within 2 weeks, I was sleeping through the night and the night sweats decreased. My next period was normal and no cycstic acne! I stopped gaining weight and have even been able to lose weight! She recommended taking 3 a day at first (the bottle says to take 9 a day)...if I didn't see results then try 6 then 9.... I've only taken the 3 and have had great results! I can't imagine where I'd be without this stuff!!
44 comments|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2012
I don't usually write reviews here, but I was on Amazon to reorder these and thought I should. These have helped me so much. I had a radical hysterectomy at age 30- w/ ovary removal. Thank God we were lucky enough to have a baby boy before hand..

For the 1st 2 years I was on a prescribed estrodiol patch. I gained so much weight and felt like crap...it was hard just getting through the day caring for my toddler boy. I started looking into alternatives and went to a doctor who took me off the patch cold turkey and gave me a prescription for progesterone instead. This was not the answer either. So then I found a holistic doctor who actually did bloodwork and checked all sorts of levels and he prescribed bio-identical hormones. I felt really good at first but then he kept upping the doses and my heart palpitations came back, I told him but he didnt think it was related. His appointments cost me $3000 over the course of 4 months, and it just got to be too much money for us. I took myself off of all of the bhrt he had me on and the palpitations went away.

So then after another month of investigation I found this product. It has helped me tremendously. I also take another product sold here on Amazon called Organic Excellence Progesterone Plus Therapy. Between these Oceans 3 pills and the cream I feel pretty balanced now. I only take 3 of these Oceans 3 per day at breakfast along with my cream. The bottle says to gradually increase from 3 to 9 pills a day but I have never tried. It would cost much more to do so..That would be a bottle of these every 1.5 weeks or so about 3 bottles per month which would make the monthly cost of this product around $70 or so.

But, taking the 3 pills and a bottle lasting me 1 month has seemed to be a big help. Plus, it's also not only helping me achieve hormonal balance but protecting my heart and so forth as well. On a side note- I do think BHRT can be great, but finding someone to prescribe the CORRECT dose and not steal your savings is the problem. Perhaps that will change in the future but for now I'm sticking to the progesterone cream and these wonderful pills here. I have a son who is now 5 yrs old to think of and a husband..I cant take any chances w/ my life by taking synthetics and products that may shorten my lifespan.

I hope my review helps shed some light for some of you..Also, if your young like me and had to go through this..We have a facebook group called Young Women's Hysterectomy Support. Feel free to join us.
33 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2011
I was looking for an all natural source of Omega 3 just for general health reasons, and fish oil left a bad taste in my mouth and gave me heartburn. I took two Oceans 3 soft gels a day. I've suffered with hormone-related acne for 25 years. After a month and a half, I noticed my face was clear, and I realized that it had been for over a month. I thought it was a fluke. Two and half months passed, and my face was still clear! My husband commented on how nice my skin looked. Not long after, I ran out, and after two weeks, although not as badly as before, my face started to break out again. I went back on Oceans 3, and my face has remained clear, and I've been able to ditch my Proactive. I have been recommending to friends. I just wish I had known about this product earlier. (Oh, and unlike some other reviewers, I have not had trouble with any fish taste.)
on December 9, 2012
I am a 29 year old female who has struggled with serious adult acne for years. To make a long story short, this product has helped me with my acne more than any face wash, lotion, or prescription! The reason I know that is it this product is because the first time I bought the product I took it regularly along with using different topical treatments. Then when the Healthy Hormone pills ran out I didn't order any more and just continued with my topical treatments. Well that was a mistake! Within a couple days I was having an eruption of acne again! By the time I got my next bottle in the mail almost 2 weeks later I knew I would never stop using this product again!

Another great advantage to using this product is that your energy level is boosted! I have long days of school and work so Healthy Hormones has benefited me doubly in giving me the energy that I need to get through each day.
on February 7, 2013
I have been using this product for close to a year and feel so much better! I feel more stable (hormonal) and have lost 5 pounds since using it. It has worked for me. I highly recommend it.
on September 8, 2011
Wow, I have very little hot flashes anymore, My brain is not in a fog anymore. Love this stuff. It's good for your skin too. Thanks Amazon for having the product shipped with auto delivery to my house each month. Cheaper this way.

Randy's Wife Crissy
on September 20, 2013
I am a 29 year-old with a completely normal cycle, no kids, etc. I went off the pill and noticed that I was developing hormonal acne and some pretty major mood swings in the two weeks leading up to my period. I read the reviews and started taking these for my skin and within a month or two, it completely cleared up. I would give this product five stars for that alone. However, I didn't realize how much they were helping my mood until I stopped taking them for about a month and felt more stressed and negative than I had been in months. I would seriously seriously recommend these to any lady out there. They're all natural and they work wonders. Oh, and they make my nails really strong and healthy, too. I only take three a day and I've never needed more than that. Buy these. You won't regret it.
on October 27, 2014
Taking these for cystic acne I developed after I stopped taking hormonal birth control. Cannot believe how well this supplement works! Not only is my acne better, but my skin is glowing, my hair is growing much faster, and I'm not as tired in the morning and more easily get out of bed. I'm normally a big proponent of eating your vitamins in food rather than taking them as a pill, but this may have changed my opinion. Will be buying more!
on November 12, 2014
I don't know what I missed here but these pills did not work for me. Actually they had the opposite effect on me and actually made me feel weird. I kind of felt like I was starting to feel a little crazy. I just didn't feel right and didn't know how to explain it. I got a refund and will not rebuy.
on August 20, 2015
These have changed my life! It took me some experimentation to get the dose for my problems dialed in but 2 pills first thing in the morning seems to be just right for me - a 36yo pre-menopausal woman who had cystic hormonal acne around the chin and neck and symptoms of low estrogen. Birth control pills just make me crazy and give me other problems so I had been searching for something natrual. When I tried taking three pills per day I ended up with sore ta ta's and breakthrough... but only one pill was not enough to help with my mood issues. Two seems to be perfect and my acne which has plagued me my entire life is completely resolved! Regular predictable cycles. I've been taking it for over 6 months. If I go off it, all symptoms come back. Total miracle. Great stuff!