5.0 out of 5 stars Vitamin D levels are up
I got this because my husband's vitamin D levels were down on his last doctor's visit. After 3 months he went back and had it checked and his vitamin D levels are great.
Published on February 5, 2011 by S. Wynne

3.0 out of 5 stars There seems to be some confusion among the reviews...
This is lanolin-based vitamin D (derived from sheep's wool). And yes, it is technically vegetarian. Others are typically derived from fish liver.

Published 21 months ago by neoP

3.0 out of 5 stars There seems to be some confusion among the reviews..., December 9, 2012
This review is from: Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw D3 2,000 IU, 60 Capsules (Health and Beauty)

But what separates this product from other lanolin-based vitamin D is that Garden of Life uses their infamous cultivation method in which they feed lanolin-based vitamin D to yeast--and via fermentation, they magically poop out a more "natural" form of vitamin D with wholesome goodness of co-factors such as CoQ10, antioxidants, etc--that are supposedly better recognized and utilized by the human body. Megafood and New Chapter are other big brands that use similar methods to create their vitamins.

Using this method in addition to adding a little bit of probiotic/food blend = premium price tag. I'm sure the benefits are there, but in terms of the efficacy of vitamin D alone, I do not think the price justifies vs. conventional vitamin D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vitamin D levels are up, February 5, 2011
S. Wynne (Nahville, TN) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vitamin, keeps you from getting sick, August 14, 2010
This is a great product because it's completely non-synthetic and great for people who live in northern, more overcast climates and for those who don't get enough natural sunlight. Vitamin D is so incredibly important to our body's overall health, immunity, and skin beauty that we should not overlook it. I take Raw D3 mostly in the fall and winter when I don't get as much sun, and it works great for keeping you healthy and preventing a cold or flu. I've never had a problem with digestive upset with this, either. A previous reviewer commented that they got digestive upset, but I didn't have a problem (I take probiotics a lot and I eat a really good, organic diet as well).

~Stephanie
Epic Beauty Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS!!!, February 5, 2012
A blood test revealed that I was still low in Vit D3. I had been taking other Vit D3 products and saw no change. Since I have been using Garden of Eden, which I feel has far superior ingredients, I have been feeling much better, my thyroid is functioning better, and I have noticed my hair is finally getting thicker. I had been dealing with losing hair due to thyroid issues. Vit D3 has an important relationship to the thyroid.

A superior product which I will continue to use. I have found no better, including products produced by multi-level companies.

Sincerely,

Jan Wall

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, January 31, 2014
I monitor my Vitamin D3 levels quarterly via blood testing. Initially, I was deficient in D3 and started taking 5,000 IUs daily. After two quarters, my D3 levels were up to their optimal range. After that, I no longer needed to take 5,000 IUs daily and switched to this Garden of Life 2,000 IU. After a few weeks of taking it daily, I retested my D3 levels and they were still in the optimal range. For that reason, I have to highly recommend this product.

Pros
-Easy to swallow
-Kept my D3 level in the optimal range
-Powder pill capsule (not liquid...this is a bonus for me as liquid capsules tend to leak after a while)
-Raw and easy on the stomach

Cons
-Kinda pricey, but worth it..so not really a con at all :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best D3, December 20, 2012
This is the best D3 on the market. It even has the Vitamin K, needed for proper absorption. If you're taking Prednison, however, I suggest extra D3 and extra K7 (Kombucha Tea/fermented veggies will do the job right!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, January 12, 2011
I have been very pleased with this product. I recently found out that I was extremely Vitamin D deficient. I do not like to take prescription drugs and was looking for an alternative to the prescription synthetic Vitamin D that the doctor wanted me to take. I have always been pleased with Garden of Life and was excited to know that there was a Vitamin D supplement that was made from raw food sources. I took 3 capsules a day for a few weeks and went back to have my blood levels tested. They were almost completely normal in only 8 weeks! I have noticed a difference in my energy levels as well. I will faithfully continue taking this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Garden of Life Vitamins, March 27, 2013
I really love Garden of Life Vitamin Code products. They are the best. I take the Raw D3 daily. Thank you for having such good products.

3.0 out of 5 stars ?, February 20, 2013
not sure - my dr tested my calcium and vitamin d levels and found that i was still deficient in vitamin d after using this supplement for over a month...not sure if thats long enough to tell the effectiveness of these....

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, September 6, 2014
I love GofL products. I don't get or make enough vitamin D and I had a deficiency, so I bought the 5000mg one and after I went from 17% out of 100 I'm assuming, I don't know the test, I got my vitamin d count up the the 60s. I have things that go against it like a medicine that depletes it so I'm very happy that this brought it up. This also probably contributes to me not being sick in over a year. This and the vitamin c and multi vitamin from this company. I've tried other brands of vitamin D and even took more MG a day. Over 10,000 a day and I remember I took 50k a day from a solaray(spellcheck on the name), and my vitamin d count didn't change much. I was still deficient. THIS product was what got my numbers up so if I sound a little excited it's because I've tried a lot of brands and finally found a product I could swear by because it gave me results. My body when it was deficient started to change. My skin on my neck, chest, and lower back started to have dark colored lines forming. The vain in me was more worried about my looks than my health. Lol. But I'm very happy with this product. Very happy. I keep it stocked.

Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw D3 2,000 IU, 60 Capsules