5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Classic To Re-read Over & Over...
Every once in a while I get in the mood to read this Dollanganger series again and the excellent writing just transports you into that family's world and never lets you go! Lol...it's almost addicting! If you've never read it, take a chance and buy it...you'll be glad you did. If you're still uncertain, just go to the library and take it out before purchasing it.
Published 18 months ago by MusicLover

3.0 out of 5 stars not the original!
i was very disappointed to learn that these books are missing some of the original text from the first printing.
so beware-if you read these books as a teen and want to remember-you will be missing some key points!
the books were brand new and in great condition, but the new covers don't "go with" the story line-and i wish they
would have reprinted...
Published 5 months ago by raine

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars not the original!, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Garden of Shadows / Petals on the Wind / If There Be Thorns / Seeds of Yesterday / Flowers in the Attic (Paperback)
would have reprinted them with original artwork and text!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Classic To Re-read Over & Over..., January 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars can u spell drama boy and girls?, July 31, 2013
i loooove how this story unfold i mean i have never read such drama in all my day what madness was going on in one woman life, i found some of it sad and some funny. it left me with this in mind "if ye be without out sin cast the first stone"

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and oh so sad., September 17, 2005
sailorchironmoon (San Diego, California United States) - See all my reviews
I was really moved by this story. Though I first read 'Flowers in the Attic' 12 years ago, it still rattles with me and Cory's fate makes me cry. This is the best V.C. Andrews series, probably because it was written entirely by her and not her ghostwriter. Cathy and Chris are very well developed characters. Some people don't like Cathy in 'Petals', but I think her being messed up is pretty realistic. I feel sympathy for those four kids, that's for sure. I don't know if V.C. would like the way some of the main heroines in the newer books are so perfect and flawless. I got tired of them after awhile. I'd prefer the selfish and foolish Cathy.

5.0 out of 5 stars It has pulled me in so much that I have read it aleast 30 xs, March 24, 1998
By A Customer
I have read the series of the Dollananger Saga more than forty times. I've seen the movie even more. It hit me so strongly that I had to read it again to make sure I completely understood it. Again and again I did this. I can put myself in Catherine's place and I am there with her experiencing her pain as well as her brothers, sisters, sons, and mother's. I completely relate. To everything but the incent part. sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm LOVING them!, August 10, 2013
I am currently reading Petals on the Wind, having already finished Flowers in the Attic. I am every bit as thrilled with my second reading of this series, than I was back in the 80's when first I read it. OUTSTANDING!

5.0 out of 5 stars The series that will make you search for V.C. Andrews books, November 15, 1996
By A Customer
After reading the Flowers in the Attic series, you will be
indefinitely addicted to the writings of V.C. Andrews. The
captivating and imaginative storyline, will rivet you for
hours. In a way that few authors can, V.C. Andrews will have
you believing that the "Doll" family might really be out
there somewhere. Putting these books down once you've begun
reading is next to impossible, and when you finally do,
you'll be desperate to drop everything and pick it up again,
just for "one more quick chapter". It twists and turns down
a road of deceit and tragedy in marked detail,leaving no
stone unturned and yet it keeps you guessing. The fictional
surroundings are described so vividly that it brings you
right into the scene, as if you were a silent character
standing on the sidelines watching things unfold. After you
read this series, you will find yourself searching for new
V.C. Andrews books wherever there are bookstands, and yet
coming back to read past editions a second and third
time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 5, 2014
Was very pleased with the books. They were brand new and arrived very quickly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Interesting, June 30, 2014
First and foremost I read these books years ago and had to have them in my library. There is no author out there that can write to the caliber of VC Andrews. These books take you on a journey of abuse that leads to family incest and the lives of children who are totally destroyed. I love all of her books.

1.0 out of 5 stars BOOKS ARE USED AND VERY DAMAGED, June 10, 2014
I am so disappointed. I ordered these books then received an email saying two of the books were to be delivered in a different package. I have yet to received two of the books. Also, I bought these books thinking that they would come as pictured, however they did not. All the books are damaged, pages torn, covers ripped, all together they are yellowed and worn out. Not to mention the bits of unidentifiable material stuck between the pages. This seller uses a photo and a description that is misleading. At $7 per book, this is just not worth it. If you want these books, you are better off finding them at a used book store rather than paying $37 for a bunch of old, decrepit books.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›