Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on June 16, 2010
Have had this installed for about a week now. Works great so far. Really compact unit and easy to install. Definitely recommend for small yards or work areas. Only complaint is the hose itself is pretty small and really cuts down on the water pressure. I can see it being necessary though to fit in such a small unit. The auto rewind feature is the best I've seen so far. Just give it a soft tug and it auto coils back into unit.
on October 23, 2010
I purchased the 66-ft hose for my back yard; and since the automatic swiveling retractable feature works great, I decided to purchase the 33-ft hose for my front yard (which is much smaller). The first 33-ft unit I received would not retract so Amazon sent me a replacement ASAP and provided return labels for the defective product. The new 33-ft hose is installed and works as expected.

Somewhat expensive for garden hoses but well worth it.
on June 23, 2012
This appears to be a well made product. I tightened fittings up before installing and have had no leaks. I have used Gardena connectors and hoses for many years, so no surprises--I like them. The inside diameter of the hose is smaller than any I have ever seen before and makes for a very, very puny water stream. I hooked up and used my hose end sprayer though with no problems. Measure your requirements before purchase as it might surprise you how short it actually is in the intended use environment.
on May 30, 2013
I bought this hose and mounted to my garage wall. I hooked up the hose and the water pressure / volume is nonexistent. It would take me 3 weeks to hose down my driveway at this pace. I sprayed bird droppings for close to 2 minutes and it didn't even phase it. It claims to have a 1/2 hose but I don't believe it. The hose from the faucet to the reel has 1/2" stenciled on it. However, that connector hose is much bigger than the hose in the reel. I think the actual hose reel is closer to 3/8" or even smaller. It has water stream size and pressure similar to a water fountain.
on December 4, 2013
i have been buying gardena products for decades. very happy to find this shorter hose reel at much lower price than the model with longer hose. some may not realize 35 ft is not as long as they imagine. some may be disappointed with the small diameter. to me it works as well as i expected and what i use it for. nothing more and nothing less. i bought a second one. both mine were bought at a discount because other people return it but never used.
on June 13, 2013
Hose system was a breeze to install. The hose retracts smoothly and the water pressure is great. Sleek design with the swivel. It allows the hose system to lie flat against the fence I posted it on. I bought the Gardena 9106 Comfort Multi-Purpose Garden Spray Nozzle With Quick Connect with the system. Very pleased with the quality of the materials as well.
on May 8, 2014
I love this hose reel. I take it from one place to another and it works wonderfully.
Be aware that this is only a 1/2" hose, so you get very little water pressure. Works fine for me to water the plants, but I wouldn't want to wash my car with it.
on August 19, 2013
why is it this ugly color too ??
this was the only reeling short hose i could find
Fine but after 3 months I have problems with it
for $100.?? really....
on August 27, 2013
love it, no more mess hose laying around in the driveway or banging into cars. Plenty of power. I have had it for a few months now and no issues.
on June 27, 2013
These are the best. Have short one and long ones. No need to follow up and roll up the garden hoses! A little tug and they retract beautifully.