5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting pictures

1.0 out of 5 stars LIARS
Published on February 10, 2011 by Melissa

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting pictures, December 6, 2006
Customer "Consumer" (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gardner's Art through the Ages: The Western Perspective, Volume I (with ArtStudy CD-ROM 2.1, Western) (Paperback)
I purchased this book for my Art History class. Very interesting pictures along with non-boring texts. I really like the accompanied CD as it has all pictures from this text as well as other version of Gardner's art history books. Pictures are crystal clear. Although I finished that class long ago in 2002 and sold the book for school's book store with attractive price, I still have a copy of that CD and often reviewed whenever I saw some interesting stories of art history (such as female goddess from Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code). All pictures are under flash cards section. Besides a good text book, it should be kept as a reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, May 15, 2014
The book is obviously for a class on college. So I don't honestly have so much to say. It wasn't like I was buying it for the pleasure of reading it to know the history of Art or something. However the book is very informative and provided the knowledge that I didn't have. Thanks to the book, my presentation on this subject went very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars art history, June 24, 2013
this book is easy to follow when reading. it gives you a clear description on what you need to know from ancient until the renaissance for a standard art history class.

5.0 out of 5 stars I earned a C+, December 22, 2012
I don't know if its because of the book or because I didn't show up to art history class. The book is great, the pictures and explanations are great. Moral of the story...show up to class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, February 15, 2007
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to better themselves in the region of art history knowledge and the ability to evaluate art's content as well. It was well worth buying and compliments any classes orientated towards the subject...maybe would even overshadow the required text.

1.0 out of 5 stars LIARS, February 10, 2011
I paid to get my book with expedited shipping but after I personally contacted this seller (BBanx) he said he thinks he sent it last Friday. I asked him the actual date he sent it knowing that "think" usually means "I'm lying" He said he would do it the next day... THREE WEEKS AFTER HE SHOULD HAVE SHIPPED IT... I think people should know that textbooks aren't something he can keep lying around because students have deadlines. DO NOT BUY THIS MAN'S BOOK IT'S TOO MUCH OF A RISK

5.0 out of 5 stars Gardner's College Text, December 20, 2009
Great price on this book, it was in really good shape and I was really impressed with how fast I received the book. I will now buy all availble textbooks from Amazon because of my great experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, February 22, 2009
I really enjoy this book. I did buy it for a college level course and I think it's excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Written by a great professor of Art History, September 30, 2008
I took one Art History course in my college career at Boston University and it was taught by Prof. Fred Kleiner, the author of this book. I clearly remember, over 25 years later, how wonderful and exciting Fred Kleiner's lectures in Art History were. When I go to museums I remember Prof. Kleiner's passionate, stirring descriptions of art and architecture. I was a business major, and his love for art really broke through and taught me to understand what is so wonderful about art. We also used Gardner's Art Through The Ages back in 1980, but it was before he was the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great condition, September 4, 2008
The book arrived in a very timely manner and it was in great condition -- no markings or bent pages. I would definitely buy from this seller again.

Used & New from: $0.54