Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on August 2, 2007
The Garmin GA27C external GPS antenna works great! But the "Gilsson High Performance active remote external" antenna provides the same performance for $20 compared to $100. Avoid the Garmin 25MCX. It's performance is pathetic. I've written detailed reviews on Amazon of the 25MCX and the Gilsson. But the bottom line is: Get the Gilsson.
on October 22, 2005
This antenna really works well. The satellite aquisition time is greatly reduced. I can mount the GPS anywhere without worrying about keeping a clear view of the sky.
on September 30, 2005
I have a Buick Rendezvous and unfortunately the windshield has some kind of coating on it that makes it next to impossible for the StreetPilot 2720 to find any satellites. There's a spot at the top of the windshield that doesn't have this coating, but holding the GPS up to this spot isn't an acceptable solution. This antenna is an effective work-around to that problem. If you don't have a coated windshield than I doubt you really need this. My SP-2720 works fine in other cars without it. I haven't tried moving the antenna outside of the vehicle (how do you run the cable?) because I'm content with the suction mount. For me, this antenna was a necessary addition and I'm glad I got it. I'd rather not have had to buy this thing, but at least Amazon had an excellent deal on it and it works as advertised.
on March 9, 2006
I use the magnetic mount to put the antenna on the roof of my truck. I usually am READY TO NAVIGATE by the time I turn out of my driveway. Also, I never loose satelite connection while I am driving because of trees or tall buildings. A GREAT improvement over the units antenna.
on September 29, 2005
Antenna works great - reception is excellent. Only complaint is that the connector to the GPS unit is difficult to pull out b/c it's small and is a tight fit. Not a big deal, though.
on March 12, 2006
While not required for operation, the external antenna did give an added edge when using my Street Pilot 2720. Seemed to improve response time. Helps in areas in which their are obstructions.
on September 1, 2005
GREAT ADDITION TO GARMIN GPS , LETS YOU MOVE THE UNIT IN A LOCATION OFF THE WINDSHIELD
on July 21, 2007
My Garmin Nuvi 350 appears to work fine without the remote and we pick up the sat signals with just the built-in antenna. But we'll use it to keep the Nuvi out of the direct sunlight on the dash, and it allows my wife to have the Nuvi in her lap for easier programming and reading. If it's not there we just place it in the console and go by voice driving instructions. Works great and we don't need to rely on the windshield suction cup holders for the Nuvi.
on March 17, 2006
I use the Suctions Mount Antenna because I remove from sight whenever I leave my car which is idea for my purposes. The antenna does greatly improve the reception and maintain a satilite lock. The only draw back is keeping it attached to windshield in cold weather untill the car warms up.
on September 28, 2005
Very fast, professional service. Description does not say it works on Garmine iQue 3600, but does...very well. Picks up 3 to 4 more sat's than included antenna on iQue. Very Good......

Will recommend.