5.0 out of 5 stars good product
Published on October 12, 2009 by Krzysztof Ziolkowski

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke on 2nd day
Published on May 7, 2010 by Stephanie Pham

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, October 12, 2009
Direct replacement, same part as original that came w/ the GPS. Please note tho, be careful when you pull the suction cup off the windshield on a hot day, you may end up stripping the rubber suction portion off the plastic. Instead, learn from me and use the provided tab to peel it off and not pull like me. This purchase was my replacement for this mistake. Works great, just don't pull on the thing, use the peel tab.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke on 2nd day, May 7, 2010
It arrived quickly and had amazing suction. I was thrilled since my original lost its suction power. I put it up 2 days ago - was driving today - went around a corner and my Garmin flew across the dashboard, hit the window then into the floorboard. I thought it lost suction, but it was the actual unit itself. The rubber piece that attaches to the window broke away from the part that attaches to the GPS. Obvious poor construction - can't be fixed :(

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT THE ORIGINAL !!!! COMES APART !!!, February 8, 2012
This review is from: Garmin Suction cup mount (Electronics)
I was so happy with the quick delivery but astounded by the poor quality ! This product looks just like the original but that's where it ends .It is not designed at all in the way the suction cup is connected to the gps mount . I attached it to my windshield and left it there over the weekend Monday morning it was broken . I had even taken the gps off . it was just the simple force of being mounted . I even ordered 2 so i could leave them in each vehicle . now i cant use that because i don't want my gps falling off . Do you even carry the original ? Its not a lot of money and the other item i bought from you ( adapter ) works great but i really feel ripped off by this item and worse i bought two of them. i would appreciated a response . thank you , JAMES ANDERSON. I WILL UPDATE THEIR RESPONSE { UPDATE } THIS IS WHAT THEY SENT ME We are very sorry to hear about the defective mounts. We had received a
bad batch from the manufacturer and did not know until they have been
shipped. We have then received a good batch of inventory and we are
shipping them out as free replacements for our buyers. Can we send you
two mounts today via USPS first class mail? You do not need to return
the broken ones.

Best regards,

Customer Care Team
Semsons& Co., Inc. ( me )- I think that's about as good as it gets. solid company ! james

5.0 out of 5 stars OEM Replacement, October 21, 2008
Frank J. Tantalo (Rochester, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Suction cup mount (Electronics)
I left my suction mount at my last car rental. I needed a replacement but didn't want to spend a fortune. This product is a Garmin OEM and a not a cheapo knockoff. It fit my Nuvi 200 perfectly. Same exact manufacturer's product id (010-10747-00).

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but doesn't like the heat, August 30, 2009
This review is from: Garmin Suction cup mount (Electronics)
The suction mount does what it's supposed to do. It'll grab onto any nonporous, flat surface and provide a firm mounting location for several of the Garmin GPS models (I am personally using a c550). However, a bit of caution must be exercised if this is used on a window and left there while driving in locations of high heat. I am just about ready to order my second replacement suction mount because the rubber suction cup has been adhering to the window by melting the rubber. The suction cup remains permanently fixed to the window until it's pushed or pulled from its position. After which there is a nice black ring of rubber left on the surface of the window. After the melted rubber has been removed, the suction cup no longer holds suction on any surface. The seal (or lack thereof) generated by the irregular surface of the suction cup perimeter is no longer sufficient to support the GPS. I may consider picking up a friction-weight mount for the dashboard next time.

See: Garmin Portable Friction Dashboard Mount for nüvi Series and StreetPilot C5XX Series GPS Navigators (C530, C550, and C580)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful - do NOT buy., April 22, 2010
Do not buy this product, it will fail on you. This is a very simple product with one purpose: keep the Garmin unit suspended from your windshield. On the 3rd day of using this, the rubber had completely torn between the suction mount and the base. My OEM unit worked fine for 2 yrs (until I lost it) and this replacement one lasted only 3 days. If you buy this, it WILL break on you. It's cheap, poorly manufactured, and is actively deceptive in its description: it's much smaller (diameter-wise) than the OEM unit it purports to be. I would try to get a refund it it weren't for the fact that the 2 hours of my life it would take is much more valuable than the $10 it cost me.

Save your money and look elsewhere. Look for a larger-diameter one while you're at it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for my Nuvi 760!, August 13, 2009
Although not specificied in the listing, this is an official Garmin suction cup mount (Part Number: 010-10747-00), in case you are wondering. I broke the mount that came with my Nuvi 760 and needed a replacement. This was the exact same mount that came with my original unit and I couldn't be happier. The price was the cheapest I could find and when I ordered I even received free shipping. It arrived in only two days! I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the real thing, January 31, 2011
This review is from: Garmin Suction cup mount (Electronics)
In the past I had bought this item as a knock off Garmin Suction cup Mount. It's cheaper, and I got it quicker, but it did not work as well.

This one has all the bells and whistles. It's got little holes cut in the ball. The rubber part of the base is more pliable. Most importantly, it fits snugly on the back of my GPS. The other did not. When I drove, my GPS would fall with out warning.

It's worth the money to have something that works well. There are enough distractions when driving. You don't need a falling GPS.

4.0 out of 5 stars Make a super sucker!, November 27, 2010
The first time I applied this mount to my windshield, it popped off in about 5 minutes. I tried different stuff to enhance the suction. "Equate Ultra Restoring skin therapy lotion" is the best I've found. It is really non-greasy. It can be removed from your windshield with a paper towel turned a couple of times. This lotion is viscous, and doesn't drip around. Just put a little on your finger; start at the center of the cup, and go around and around, bearing to the outside periphery. Shazam! Super Sucker!

5.0 out of 5 stars garmin suction cup, November 19, 2009
This review is from: Garmin Suction cup mount (Electronics)
we seem to lose the suction cup and have had to replace it a couple of time(leaving it in rental cars, falling out of brief cases, etc) So that is our biggest problem. This suction cup stays on the windshield very well, and is easy to release it from there. The product does what it is supposed to do- mount the Garmin. Would recommend it if you need something to mount your Garmin.

Garmin Suction cup mount