Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Garmin Forerunner® 205/305 Band Replacement
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 20, 2010
Unlike the previous reviewer (who gave this product a 1 star review because of his own mistake), I'm actually reviewing the product. I have over 500 runs with my Garmin 305 using this watch band. It's been constantly abused with sweat, dirt, sports drink, and me pulling on it. It's comfortable, and has pins that keep it in place under a lot of stress. Garmin couldn't make it much better than this.
on May 15, 2013
This product was an exact replacement to my previous band for my Garmin Forerunner 205. I didn't have instructions with the band, but I easily figured out how to replace the band. Use the tool to push the pin out from your old band to remove it from the watch, then you can install the new band. My only complaint is that I haven't had the band very long and it is starting to rip between the holes used to hold it on my wrist, which is the problem I had on my previous band, but my previous band lasted several years. So, I don't think this band will last as long, but it is a good price.
on June 3, 2011
I was disappointed when the armband for my Garmin broke, and pleased to discover I could get a replacement for it through Amazon. The kit includes a tool for removing the old band and it worked like a charm. In just a few minutes I had a new armband.
on April 25, 2011
The only reason I didn't give this item 5 stars is because I don't need all of the bands. I basically paid for two bands that I will never use. Other than that, they are perfect. It's the EXACT factory replacement for the 205/305 as one of the other reviews pointed out.
on October 7, 2014
This is the second set I bought. Do I love it that much? No. I bought it because the pervious one broke. So now since I bought the forrunner 305 it has used 3 sets of band. It sucks. Garmin GPS and sports watches have the best GPS signal. Their core technologies are the best in the industry but their design, material choice and quality control suck big time. The battery in forrunner died in 2-4 year for many people and most have to replace watch instead of replacing battery. They charge $80 do so. I bought ihhone battery and replaced it and the watch worked again. But the band broke into pieces and I had to replace band again and again. These rubbers do not last long, FOr this band, why not include another half without the metal ring?
on November 3, 2015
I noticed the original band on my Garmin Forerunner 305 was beginning to crack and figured I would have to take it to a local watch repair shop to find a suitable replacement. Before I did that, I asked myself, "I wonder if Amazon carries a replacement." Sure enough, they did and it was a perfect fit. Even the tool needed to retract the spring pin was included and it was a breeze to remove and replace.
on September 9, 2012
I purchased this band to replace the original. The holes in the original band ripped within the first month of purchase which made it very difficult to secure my watch to my wrist, as it kept loosening. Within the first week of arrival, the new band did the same thing, an evident defect by Garmin. A waste of money. Should have just invested in a new watch had I known.
on August 1, 2013
This was a direct replacement for the band on my Garmin Forerunner 305. It is an OEM replacement for the original strap that lasted several years. The original is still on the watch but the rubber is starting to split between the sizing holes. I have this new one on standby for when the old one finally gives up.

This kit came with the BOTH the regular and extended size buckle strap, the sizing strap, the spring bar pins, and a spring bar removal tool. It has everything you need to change out your new band...awesome deal. Thanks.
on February 1, 2015
Definitely worth the investment seeing as I fixed a forerunner rather than be put in a position to buy a new one. I did have to watch a video on the Garmin website to figure out how to actually make the repair, because there weren't any directions.
on October 8, 2013
These are Original Equipment Manufacturer replacements so they will fail in the same way. The bands are made of rubber and the holes you put the clasp through are also unreinforced rubber. So if you put in on snugly and then rotate your wrist much eventually the holes will start to "connect the dots" meaning eventually you will not be able to put in on as snugly as you may like. Then it is time to buy another replacement.