Garmin Portable Friction Mount
|Price:||$13.60 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Vehicle dash mount for use on any stable surface
- Securely holds your GPS in vehicle
- Does not slide or detach while vehicle is in motion
- Adjustable to position GPS in a variety of angles
- Garmin ball mount easily attaches to your existing cradle
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Size (LWH): 12.5 inches, 9 inches, 3.5 inches
- Weight: 1.6 pounds
Place the mount on any stable surface, and adjust the position of your GPS to your liking. The friction mount weighs enough to keep your device put on the dash, even when sudden maneuvers are necessary. It's ideal for states in which the use of windshield suction mounts is illegal.
In addition to its convenience, you can quickly place your GPS out of sight, and without leaving any residue on the windshield, both handy for any potential prying eyes.
Compatible Garmin Models
- aera 500, 510, 550, 560
- nüvi 1200, 1250, 1260T, 1300, 1350, 1350T, 1370T, 1390T, 1450, 1490T, 1690, 200, 200W, 205, 205W, 250, 250W, 255, 255W, 260, 260W, 265T, 265WT, 270, 275T, 285WT, 350, 360, 370, 465T, 500, 5000, 550, 600, 610, 650, 660, 670, 680, 750, 755T, 760, 765T, 770, 775T, 780, 785T, 850, 855, 880, 885T
- StreetPilot c510, c530, c550, c580, i2, i3, i5
- zūmo 660
What's in the Box
Garmin Portable Friction Mount
Top Customer Reviews
Only downside to the device is that it has a rather large footprint, but not prohibitively large. I like the fact that I can easily use this in both of our family vehicles depending on where we need the GPS.
UPDATE: Now that I have used this mount regularly since May, I have to say this is the best mounting solution I've found for a GPS or any other device for my car. It hasn't slid out of place once!! Given the rise in GPS units being stolen from cars, this mount allows you to easily stash your GPS Unit and mount out of sight and then put it back into position with ease.
2009 Update: Still using this in my Prius and my wife has one too. It's held up quite well. It IS a bit bulky to store out of the way when not in use, but still a good solution. I usually remove my GPS from the mount (a simple process) and then place the mount as far under the seat as it will go. Not perfect, but the best solution I've found to date.
I like that it's easy to move the mount and gps unit down to the floor when I park. Yeah a thief could still see it if they came right up to my car but at least it's not obvious from halfway across the parking lot like a windshield mount is. A thief that sees an empty windshield mount is probably going to assume (correctly) that I've just put the unit in the glove compartment.
So no way was I going to put one of those on my beautiful new car. I tried the Garmin dashboard mount but shied away from the "permanent" disc. I found the "temporary" disc was just not up to the job of holding this device in place -- at least on my vehicle. I found this very frustrating. I read about the Portable Friction Mount, found a Best Buy store that had it in stock and ran out to buy it.
Though it is not terribly good looking, it does the job very well. I tried whipping around a few tight turns in parking lots and the whole thing stayed put. As another reviewer said, this lets you easily remove the thing and put it on the floor so it's not obvious. That may be more valuable than you would think. I know somebody who removed his Garmin Nuvi (and took it with him) but left the window mount in place. The car was broken into and the window mount alone was stolen. (Probably that was a pretty frustrated thief.)
Also, this will be easy to transfer to a rental car. And it will make it easy for my wife to borrow my Nuvi. Hmmm!
The advantages are:
- No sticking on windshield. This is a BIG advantage as the windshield mount starts to come off easily after a year of usage, less if you leave it in your car while it's parked in the sun. There is nothing worse than your GPS sliding off while you're driving round a tricky bend, especially if you are new to the area. Sometimes it can be downright dangerous.
- The windshield mount also alerts thieves that a GPS is in the car. A friction mount can be placed down under the car seat when you leave the car without needing to disconnect anything so that you're ready to go quickly when you come back to the car.
- The other big advantage is the ability to move it around to the position you want it. If a passenger is sitting in your car you can just slide it to their side and they can input the information while you are driving. It also makes it easy to slide it closer to yourself. Since I have the Nuvi 660 I often make calls with the bluetooth feature while driving, it is easy to slide it towards me when I am speaking to someone in order to get better voice reception.
This mount works for all Nuvis as they have the "snap the ball in the joint".Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this for my Garmin GPS to take on a road trip of 3 weeks duration. While driving I went over some pretty curvy and bumpy mountain roads. Read morePublished 2 hours ago by Dragon Star
Exactly what I wanted. This was a gift for someone else. I bought one for me years ago.Published 4 hours ago by tg
It's a lot better than the window suction cup. So far it works great with the dash with no complaints..Published 7 hours ago by Terry
I didn't actually think the "sticky" side would hold as agressively as it does. It's great. It doesn't "stick" to the dashboard in any fashion but the rubber the... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Tommy Jordan
Works much better than the stand that the Garmin Nuvi comes with. Doesn't fall off the dash of my car.Published 1 day ago by Grandma Gina