5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome basic GPS
I needed a replacement for my Garmin 200W,
I like the larger screen, the lane assist and the eco routing. It also has spoken street names which is something I wasn't looking for but is nice.
This is a very fairly priced GPS and does what I want a GPS to due without a lot of bells and whistles.
So far I haven't been able to use the lifetime traffic, but I...
Published on November 3, 2010 by Michael T

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after less than 4 months.
Published 19 months ago by dryguy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome basic GPS, November 3, 2010
This review is from: Garmin nüvi 1450T 5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator (Electronics)
I needed a replacement for my Garmin 200W,
So far I haven't been able to use the lifetime traffic, but I am sure in the larger cities it would work great.
I have noticed the screen requires more pressure when typing in info then my old 200w and it takes longer for it to calculate the route, neither is a negative just different from my older one.
Eco routing is a pretty cool feature and you can keep track of fuel used etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin nuvi 1405T 5-inch GPS, September 23, 2012
I gave this as a gift to my parents. They had an older Garmin and the maps had gone out of date. This new one comes with free map updates. It was important for them to get one with the same Garmin user interface they have been using (since learning to use a new brand of GPS would have been difficult for them) and they love the larger screen. I'm very pleased with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS Navigator, December 21, 2010
Bansi (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a great and easy to use unit. It worked right out of the box. The 5 inch screen size is large enough and the display is clear to view, plus it has no glare. The voice directions make it easier to drive since you don't have to take your eyes off the the road to watch the display. I also like the portability of the unit.

If I have to pick on anything, it would be the cigarette lighter power cord! It's big and clumsy. If you have stick shift like I do, sometimes it comes in way.

So far I am very happy with the performance of this unit and will definitely recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died after less than 4 months., February 1, 2013
I have owned the Nuvi 1450 for less than four months so it is still under warranty. My previous unit was a TomTom, and it consistently found better routes than the Garmin. It was still useable, until it stopped working altogether. Some investigation showed that my map had vanished. Garmin's support website was no help. After calling phone support, I was told that it was a software issue, and that I would have to ship the unit back at my own expense and get a refurbished unit sent to me, but not until they received the old unit first. I was in disbelief, so I asked to clarify that it was a software issue and not hardware. They assured me it was a software issue, and that it could only be fixed by returning the unit. I think Garmin needs to figure out how to fix software issues via the internet like the rest of the world, and if they can't manage such a simple request, then they should send an immediate replacement, and pay for the return shipping on the old unit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funtional but Poor Voice, September 22, 2012
Having owned a Garmin 255W for quite a few years, I purchased two of these for work. They perform as expected for a GPS. The lane assist is a nice feature and helps while traveling around the cities. The main problem with this unit is the voice. It only comes with 2 English voices that speak street names and both are terrible. They are distorted and sound very machine like. The old 255W had a very natural sounding, pleasant voice. I can't understand how Garmin went backwards in quality with the sound in this unit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Garmin gets you where you need to go!, March 5, 2013
This device was easy to set-up and use. I drive many miles to various destinations and it's always given me the right directions! Would recommend for anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Garman was great, October 23, 2012
My Garman performed above expectations. It made a first time drive from Pittsburgh, Pa to Houston, Tx a breeze. Even got us around several trafic tie-ups with ease. On a 1-10 scale it is a 10.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product! Very Helpful, July 24, 2011
We just got back from a long trip and this is a good test for my first GPS. I am very satisfied the result except a little bit problem. The direction is clear but can not recognize the same road under two different name like TX-99 and Grand Parkway. It is very easy to install and use. The respond speed is fast when we need to re-route the location. I will recommend this if you need to travel new place.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice GPS but has trouble locating satellites, January 1, 2011
I bought this for my wife who likes a larger screen because she has macular problems. when it is working, it works very well. The commands are clear and so far we have not encountered any misdirection. However, recently, after a few months use, it sometimes takes as long as 20-30 minutes to locate satellites that it once took only a few minutes to locate. Same area, same terrain. we have had some cold weather and even though my wife's car is garaged, maybe the cold affect sat performance. would not recommend based on this.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1450 LMT 5" Garmin, December 25, 2010
I love my NEW 1450 LMT Garmin. Can't wait to use all the features. I tried out a Tom-Tom but just didn't like anything about it. Must be spoiled with the Garmin's awesome maps and 3D version. My 2 yr. old Garmin is going to my daughter because it still works great. It will only need a map update and she'll be ready to travel. Thanks for a wonderful product.......I LOVE IT !!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›