4.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS
I purchased this after my Nuvi 660 went on the fritz. It is thin, with a nice sized screen. I really like the dual view when you need to know which lane to be in. I definitely recommend it. The only thing I dislike is the short battery life (2.5 hours, whereas my old one had 4 hours) but that seems to be the standard with GPS units now.
Published on November 3, 2011 by runner85

1.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2455LMT 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
I am not happy with this product for the following reasons:

-The advertisements
-The lag time communicating with satellites. Sometimes it cannot find them at all.
-It often does not correctly show where I am located.
Published on December 15, 2011 by Amanda L Pyle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Nuvi 2455LMT 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator, December 15, 2011
This review is from: Garmin nuvi 2455LT 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic Updates (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I am not happy with this product for the following reasons:

-The advertisements
-It often does not correctly show where I am located.
-Instead of showing me the closest businesses associated with my search (even if I type in the business name), it sends me across town (for example I knew there was an IHOP within 2 miles, just didn't know exactly where, but the GPS directed me to an IHOP 14 miles away instead).
-It incorrectly calculates distances.
-The windshield mount does not "stick" to the windshield.

I have updated the maps and it didn't seem to make a difference. I will be returning this product and I'm still contemplating whether I want to try a different one of the same or if I should buy from a different manufacturer altogether.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible navigation, May 8, 2012
We bought this to help us navigate our way around Canada and the US having moved from the UK. The navigation system is terrible, whilst the interface is good the map routing is a huge let down. It seems to find the most complex convoluted route possible, sometimes down dirt tracks, cris-crossing over main roads. Driving back from the airport to home we know that it is just 2 interstates however following the sat nav we were trawling the back streets of Montreal for 30 mins just to come out on the interstate one junction away from the airport (a 5 min drive). We then ignored it and used a map. It gave up all together when we went to Boston. Just kept on spinning round in circles!
We are familiar with sat nav systems and this one was a poor investment. It's being binned. Poor show Garmin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS, November 3, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Scary install and kliunky interface, December 26, 2011
The install of new OS and maps was scary. It bombed twice on my PC leaving me with only base maps. It installed correctly when connected to my Mac. Turning it back on in the car after you have told it to not turn off was not a flowing experience. It wouldn't go off for quite a spell. And I'll have to get use to stopping it giving directions by going to the menu instead of the natural "Where To".

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, January 12, 2012
Garmin nüvi 2455LT 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic Updates is the worst GPS ever!

I am really really disappointed with this gps and am returning it. I'm a devout fan of garmin, but this is really garbage:
1. The instructions are virtually useless, the "quick setup" gives no info about synching or any typical set up issues.
2. Every single time you start it you have to go through 6 questions (language, text, disclaimers, okay garmin to collect info, on and on), every single time!
3. Lot's of cool features BUT the GPS is awful. I drove from San Diego to Del Mar, all the while my car navigation working perfectly and this thing never "found"
a satellite. I then drove another 22 miles to Poway and still it never acquired a satellite
4. Every time it boots it thinks it's in Kansas.
5. It shuts down the screen every couple of minutes even as it searches for satellite
6. Absolutely the WORST GPS ever....makes me want to look at Tom Tom again!
Most important, when I buy a GPS, I expect that at the very least, it will work as a GPS.
Strong "don't buy" recommendation!

Home you go "Toto" (Dorothy, Wizard of Oz)

1.0 out of 5 stars No value for the premium price, May 25, 2013
I have a 80$ Tomtom which I bought 2 yrs back and I think it does a better job than this. 3 Major Drawbacks I have noticed.
1) The traffic update feature is a joke. It hugely over estimates traffic delays and takes me through diversion which would take 5 times longer than if I had got stuck in the traffic.
2) Incomplete directory. Just one instance to prove this point. I typed in DMV in the the search box and it did not find the DMV office 3 miles from my home. I tried expanding the acronym and didnt help. That was the day I decided to write this review.
3) Odd routes, for reasons I couldn't understand it will show up the weirdest routes from one place to another. I would test with my Tom Tom and on my Google Navigation on my phone and thye will be showing up something totally sensible.

Traffic alert technology and the way the GPS companies use that info has not matured as much as these companies claim.
This is a below average GPS which is probably worth half of what it is priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love not getting lost anymore!!!, July 13, 2013
I can't believe I went so long without a GPS!! I used to write out directions from Mapquest when going someplace new, and ended up lost way too many times. This GPS works great, and it's so user-friendly. The only complaint I have is that it's hard to turn off sometimes--I have to tap the screen quite a few times before it responds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., April 9, 2013
Has all the features you would want..
Easy to mount in different locations in your car. Like the "beanbag" dashboard mount.

5.0 out of 5 stars nuvi 2455 LT, December 18, 2012
Works good: a few streets are not quite correct: double check your route using another method if time is critical. One street address Garmin said did not exist.

4.0 out of 5 stars happy traveler, October 10, 2012
We have had our Garmin for about a month and are very happy with it. We had a little trouble entering addresses at first but worked out that once you enter the street address it will default to searching all the cities (and states) nearby but you can tap that window to enter the town/city/state/area you want to search specifically. This really speads it up. Here are some things we really like:
-icons pop up along the road map as you are driving to let you know that banks, gas stations, restaurants and other helpful stops are nearby;
-if you don't program a destination and just ride with the map on it tells you the name of the next cross street and points out items of interest along the way;
-the upper left hand corner displays the number of lanes on your road (specifically highways), tells you which way each lane will go and which one you should be in;
-when exiting a highway it splits the screen so you can see the map and what it should look like through your window;
-after dark, it automatically shifts to night colors with a dark background;
-there is a display of the local speed limit and a reading of how fast you are going which turns red if you exceed the speed limit.
The only think I have not been crazy about is the limited battery life. It lasts almost two hours which is okay for most rides but means that you really always need to have the plug at the ready. We don't use it often and, so far, have not found a reading to tell us how much charge is on the battery when we start out.
We have used the Garmin for long road trips to preset destinations as well as for leisurely excursions to enjoy the fall foliage and have found the directions to be easy to follow and direct. Overall, we think it is a great product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›