Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

on December 15, 2011
I am not happy with this product for the following reasons:

-The advertisements
-The lag time communicating with satellites. Sometimes it cannot find them at all.
-It often does not correctly show where I am located.
-Instead of showing me the closest businesses associated with my search (even if I type in the business name), it sends me across town (for example I knew there was an IHOP within 2 miles, just didn't know exactly where, but the GPS directed me to an IHOP 14 miles away instead).
-It incorrectly calculates distances.
-The windshield mount does not "stick" to the windshield.

I have updated the maps and it didn't seem to make a difference. I will be returning this product and I'm still contemplating whether I want to try a different one of the same or if I should buy from a different manufacturer altogether.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 8, 2012
We bought this to help us navigate our way around Canada and the US having moved from the UK. The navigation system is terrible, whilst the interface is good the map routing is a huge let down. It seems to find the most complex convoluted route possible, sometimes down dirt tracks, cris-crossing over main roads. Driving back from the airport to home we know that it is just 2 interstates however following the sat nav we were trawling the back streets of Montreal for 30 mins just to come out on the interstate one junction away from the airport (a 5 min drive). We then ignored it and used a map. It gave up all together when we went to Boston. Just kept on spinning round in circles!
We are familiar with sat nav systems and this one was a poor investment. It's being binned. Poor show Garmin.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 3, 2011
I purchased this after my Nuvi 660 went on the fritz. It is thin, with a nice sized screen. I really like the dual view when you need to know which lane to be in. I definitely recommend it. The only thing I dislike is the short battery life (2.5 hours, whereas my old one had 4 hours) but that seems to be the standard with GPS units now.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 26, 2011
The install of new OS and maps was scary. It bombed twice on my PC leaving me with only base maps. It installed correctly when connected to my Mac. Turning it back on in the car after you have told it to not turn off was not a flowing experience. It wouldn't go off for quite a spell. And I'll have to get use to stopping it giving directions by going to the menu instead of the natural "Where To".
on January 12, 2012
Garmin nüvi 2455LT 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic Updates is the worst GPS ever!

I am really really disappointed with this gps and am returning it. I'm a devout fan of garmin, but this is really garbage:
1. The instructions are virtually useless, the "quick setup" gives no info about synching or any typical set up issues.
2. Every single time you start it you have to go through 6 questions (language, text, disclaimers, okay garmin to collect info, on and on), every single time!
3. Lot's of cool features BUT the GPS is awful. I drove from San Diego to Del Mar, all the while my car navigation working perfectly and this thing never "found"
a satellite. I then drove another 22 miles to Poway and still it never acquired a satellite
4. Every time it boots it thinks it's in Kansas.
5. It shuts down the screen every couple of minutes even as it searches for satellite
6. Absolutely the WORST GPS ever....makes me want to look at Tom Tom again!
Most important, when I buy a GPS, I expect that at the very least, it will work as a GPS.
Strong "don't buy" recommendation!

Home you go "Toto" (Dorothy, Wizard of Oz)
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 25, 2013
I have a 80$ Tomtom which I bought 2 yrs back and I think it does a better job than this. 3 Major Drawbacks I have noticed.
1) The traffic update feature is a joke. It hugely over estimates traffic delays and takes me through diversion which would take 5 times longer than if I had got stuck in the traffic.
2) Incomplete directory. Just one instance to prove this point. I typed in DMV in the the search box and it did not find the DMV office 3 miles from my home. I tried expanding the acronym and didnt help. That was the day I decided to write this review.
3) Odd routes, for reasons I couldn't understand it will show up the weirdest routes from one place to another. I would test with my Tom Tom and on my Google Navigation on my phone and thye will be showing up something totally sensible.

Traffic alert technology and the way the GPS companies use that info has not matured as much as these companies claim.
This is a below average GPS which is probably worth half of what it is priced.
on July 13, 2013
I just want to mention that I accidentally posted a very negative review of this product when it was intended for the Garmin Edge 605 GPS for cycling. This GPS, on the contrary, has been WONDERFUL....I highly recommend it!!! I've never had any issues with it and I bought it back in 2012.
on October 10, 2012
We have had our Garmin for about a month and are very happy with it. We had a little trouble entering addresses at first but worked out that once you enter the street address it will default to searching all the cities (and states) nearby but you can tap that window to enter the town/city/state/area you want to search specifically. This really speads it up. Here are some things we really like:
-icons pop up along the road map as you are driving to let you know that banks, gas stations, restaurants and other helpful stops are nearby;
-if you don't program a destination and just ride with the map on it tells you the name of the next cross street and points out items of interest along the way;
-the upper left hand corner displays the number of lanes on your road (specifically highways), tells you which way each lane will go and which one you should be in;
-when exiting a highway it splits the screen so you can see the map and what it should look like through your window;
-after dark, it automatically shifts to night colors with a dark background;
-there is a display of the local speed limit and a reading of how fast you are going which turns red if you exceed the speed limit.
The only think I have not been crazy about is the limited battery life. It lasts almost two hours which is okay for most rides but means that you really always need to have the plug at the ready. We don't use it often and, so far, have not found a reading to tell us how much charge is on the battery when we start out.
We have used the Garmin for long road trips to preset destinations as well as for leisurely excursions to enjoy the fall foliage and have found the directions to be easy to follow and direct. Overall, we think it is a great product.
on March 7, 2012
Garmin 2455 LT review:
When buying a GPS you don't want to spend a lot if you know you're not going to use it a lot. With my job I do a long commute and I face traffic on the ride home so I wanted a GPS that offered live traffic and could route me around it. With my profession I every once and awhile visit other company locations that I have never been to so I wanted one that could give me red light camera locations, local speed limit, and lane assist for roads and freeways .

The garmin 2455 had all the features I was looking for so I just waited for the price to drop. I got mine for $150 and that included tax and shipping in the cost. I have been able to use it for awhile and so far I am impressed. The traffic feature so far has been consistent and will route me around major delays. It also accurately calculates my distance between my current location and the traffic tieup on the freeway. It picks good routes that will get me home fast and efficiently. I have the option to buy a HD traffic receiver (around $70) to receive traffic info faster but since it is working so well I don't think I will. I added phantom alert software (third party software) to then have the GPS show red light camera locations and also cop car locations. It works flawlessly. This is great because at night it can be tough to see the street signs that say red light camera up ahead. A ticket is $100. Also cops camp out for issuing speeding tickets for cars passing buy. Since I know high probable spots I can now slow down in enough time. Of course it can say chance of cop car and then you don't see one. Or you see one and it din't show one. Also mine shows the local speed limit. This is helpful because sometimes there are no signs.

In closing it is easy to use, picks smart routes, has consistent traffic routing, and has the extra features I want. The lane assist, speed limit indicator, red light cameras, school 20 mph locations, and cop car locations work great. The overall value for the price is worth it. Keep in mind the live traffic isn't perfect but it is good enough for the price. Phantom alert software costs extra ($10). If you don't use a gps a lot then get one for under $100. Unfortunately Phantom alert software doesn't work with a lot of cheaper GPS units. If I had to pay more than $150 I would not give it 5 stars.
on August 25, 2012
The size of the screen is in my opinion the best fit to not disturb the driver with a big screen and at the same time get easy to see and operate.
The bluetooth included at the top version is not so imporrtant, since I prefer to talk using the phone speaker. If it important for you, go for the 2495, otherwise save 20 dollars. =)

See 1 answered question