4.0 out of 5 stars Voice command works great
Amazon.com is great. Always receive my items on time.

This Garmin is great, I really like the voice command feature. You can put in whatever key word to "wake up" this unit to take your voice commands.

Traffic feature is a waste of time. Stupid adware.

Lane guidance is great and unobtrusive in the upper left hand corner...
Published on March 16, 2011 by slasher

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this Garmin unless you like to be harassed
I've owned nothing but Garmin GPS units for over 12 years and when I needed a new one I bought this unit. I've never been so disappointed and angry in my life!

Published on February 11, 2011 by Mopar Seven

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this Garmin unless you like to be harassed, February 11, 2011
This review is from: Garmin nüvi 2360LT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic (Electronics)

Be aware that in order to use the traffic updating YOU MUST allow yourself to be spammed with advertising and coupons that pop up on the screen. Not just anywhere on the screen either. Right in the exact center thereby blocking the view of the map. The spam doesn't disappear until the car starts moving again. Hence, you get spammed every time the car stops. Currently the only way to disable the advertising spam is to shut off traffic updating which kind of defeats the purpose.

I hate this unit and I've sent the feedback to Garmin that this unit is being returned and there won't be another Garmin in my house until they stop this sort of thing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware: 2360 has NO download routes feature!!, July 13, 2011
For all the amazing things this unit does there is one crucial feature that has been removed by Garmin that was available on far less sophisticated previous models. That is the ability to send custom routes you have made using Googlemaps, Mapquest or Garmin Road Trip from your computer to your GPS. Garmin has deleted what is perhaps THE most important feature of any modern day piece of electronic gadgetry: the ability to exchange data with a computer for ease of use. To be clear you can upload single points, but not routes.

I have owned a Nuvi 750 for several years and have stored on my computer dozens of custom routes. I depend on them. I just found out from Garmin customer service that they cannot be loaded onto the Nuvi 2360. Even the two very nice customer service people I spoke to at Garmin were unaware of this and seemed very surprised. They insisted it was possible until they actually tried it.

I did a LOT of research before I bought this unit, and Garmin's online selection guide clearly states that the unit "Stores 100 routes." That's why I expected to be able to do this. But I just found out the only routes it stores are those created manually, point by point, on the Garmin unit itself using the Trip Planner feature. So now if I want to use the routes I have on my old unit I have to rebuild them all.

There are workarounds, but these require a lot of extra work on the part of the user that are much more difficult than making a route on Googlemaps, for example, and changing it to go where I want it, and downloading it.

For example. Adding a waypoint in Trip Planner is the same as adding an address or intersection. So if you are adding say, six waypoints to create the route you want, you have to enter six destinations in the right order. That could amount to inputting hundreds of characters with my fat sweaty fingers that can barely type on a computer, forget about a GPS. My eyes are so bad I can hardly see something unless it is four feet in front of me and I'm partially dyslexic to boot.

Now you can also type those six addresses one at a time into--guess what--Mapquest, Googlemaps, or Road Trip and upload those one at a time. They wind up in your favorite places list and then you can use them to create a trip plan. Frankly, this is a kludge. I only want to upload the addresses I am traveling to. I don't want go to the trouble of having to install a list of addresses and intersections where I have no intention of stopping to just to create a route. They only clutter up my Favorite Places list and then I have to take the trouble to delete them.

Or, say you want to use Trip Planner to add a waypoint that is the middle of a highway, so that you will not have to look up those phony intersections. Before this, when I created a route on my computer, wherever I dragged a route to a new location a waypoint would automatically be added. To do that now, I have to look up the latitude and longitude coordinates on Google Earth, copy them down with a pencil and paper, and enter them into the Garmin manually. I tried it, and I thought I would actually go insane before I correctly entered the sequence of numbers for the longitude of just the first waypoint. I gave up.

It was also suggested by Garmin customer service that I could use my Garmin's Myroutes feature to learn my routes, but that assumes I already know where I am going, and go that way often. I travel most of these routes once a year... and If I knew where I was going, I would not need the GPS.

Today I looked at Garmin's selection guide as well as Amazon's and I see no indication of which units in the entire bewildering 27 model Garmin line will allow you to upload custom routes from a computer. So if you want to do this on your new GPS, you'd better dig in and find out which ones can. Don't depend on Garmin customer service to know, they are kind, but it did not seem they were well informed. Also don't depend on the shills writing reviews online to tell you this. I could not find it mentioned in any review.

Don't even get me started on the popup ads that appear on your GPS as a condition for receiving lifetime traffic. It is unethical and unconscionable not to tell a customer that this is part of the deal. I would not have opted for the traffic receiver at all had I known.

I am giving this product just two stars because among the many things it does very well, it has lost a crucial piece of functionality, and the popup ads should not be there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Voice command works great, March 16, 2011
Amazon.com is great. Always receive my items on time.

Traffic feature is a waste of time. Stupid adware.

Lane guidance is great and unobtrusive in the upper left hand corner.

Bluetooth works great. Also works with voice command.

This unit boots up much quicker than my old 5 year old Garmin.

The mount is really effective at holding the unit in place. I was very surprised at how well the circular metal mounting plate works. Stays still. To the people that have complained about it not sticking: clean the surface up first BEFORE you stick it AND make sure its a FLAT surface.

Going to buy another one for the wife.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pop us ads, Garmin's non response, November 1, 2011
Having had a bad experience with the pop up ads on newer Garmin nuvi units, I wrote Garmin to ask if any newer units could be purchased with the traffic info but without the ads. I would have been willing to pay more. I got the usual "we have received your email and some one will get back to you" response, but I never heard another word from them. Guess they are two embarassed to reply. I found the traffic rerouting feature to be helpful, at least the couple of times it came into play in the NYC area. Advising customers to turn off a feature that is touted in their ad copy seems like a damn poor business plan to me. I would go to a TomTom for our other car, but we have an older Garmin that works very well and I want to have models that operate in a similar fashion in each car. Any good ideas would be appreciated.

2.0 out of 5 stars Super slow and wonky, November 22, 2012
Disappointed on this model. Slow to start and load maps. My gps doesn't tell me that my turn is coming up.My older ones gives me a ding ding sound.I have had better models than this one.ok graphics.If given the choice I will not purchase this model again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin 2360LT, August 28, 2013
Product works well. Easy to use. Like the portability. Was shipped as promised - no problems. Liked it well enough to buy a second one for another car.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like this GPS, February 26, 2011
ArgelioRamon (Barquisimeto, Venezuela) - See all my reviews
This GPS was all that I wanted... for this price you can answer the phone and driving without problems... It is a excelent product...

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as stated, July 6, 2012
Awesome GPS. For the price, it can not be beat. I like the bluetooth option, voice activation and lifetime traffic included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Voice navigation is very helpful, August 12, 2013
Patton (Palm Coast, FL) - See all my reviews
I bought this GPS for the voice and traffic features. Although I was disappointed the traffic feature is unavailable in Charleston, SC,it works in larger cities and gives you adequate warning of traffic ahead. I like the red light camera warnings as well. The voice feature is well worth it. It's not perfect, but I've never even tried to use the impossibly small keyboard. You have to repeat yourself often and it mistakes a lot of names for others but it's still better than trying to type things in. I suppose this must be standard on all GPS units by now. I certainly wouldn't buy one without voice capability.

This unit also picks up on places you drive to often such as work or home and tells you how many minutes away you are. I suppose if the traffic capability worked, that would also figure in. I'm always amazed at how accurate GPS is on ETA, usually within minutes.

The worst part of this GPS is that it takes you through back neighborhoods to get to your destination, even if you are on the highway. It needs to avoid back roads and neighborhoods and stay on main thoroughfares even when the distance is greater.

I'm not a big fan of Garmin because almost every GPS I've purchased from them has failed within a few years but I've had this one for about a year now and it still works.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, June 4, 2013
It is what it is. I like to have one independent of my smart phone, but the phone nav is getting better and better so not sure I will buy another.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›